Fear

Baby, you might just fall in love with me

CHAPTER 15 

FEARS

"Vic, c'mon, there's no need to be so scared."

"That's easy for you to say..." I mumbled in response as I simply stared at the door before me. The closed door before me. The one I wanted to stay closed.

I sighed as I once again read the nameplate.

JYP

Yes, that door led to the office of Nichkhun's boss, Mr Park himself.

And I was terrified.

The man was the key to Nichkhun's success and if he didn't like me and told Nichkhun to get rid of me...

I shook my head. I didn't want to think of that conclusion.

"Look at me Vic."

I barely managed to move my head in his direction. Soft eyes connected with mine and somehow, I felt braver.

"I promise that he'll do nothing bad to you. In fact, he'll probably welcome you right into the family. So really, don't worry about a thing." And he squeezed my hand as he said that. I nodded.

Gingerly Nichkhun knocked at the door and I knew that despite the brave face he put on for me, he was scared too.

"Come in."

Well, at least the voice didn't seem to be too menacing.

Nichkhun snuck a glance at me and I nodded. We couldn't back out now after all.

Besides, he'd find out one way or another.

The office was just as well-furnished as I'd imagined it to be and it reeked with superiority almost. The man in here was one to be respected.

"Ah, Nichkhun! It's you," Mr Park greeted warmly as Nichkhun stepped into the doorway first. He hadn't seen me yet and maybe his tone would change when he did.

"What brings you here- Oh."

That's when he saw me and he saw Nichkhun and I holding hands. The senior man raised an eyebrow at this, but he seemed more confused than angry. I'd heard rumours that apparently he told his idols that as long as the public didn't find out, he didn't mind them dating.

So maybe, just maybe we'd be lucky.

Mr Park stood up from his desk and slowly scanned us over. I stiffened at his gaze, yet I kept my hand glued to Nichkhun's.

Then his eyes focused on me.

I was very tempted to meet his gaze, but something told me I shouldn't. Thus, I averted my gaze and squeezed Nichkhun's hand further. I hoped that I wouldn't break anything.

"She's very pretty."

Well, I hadn't been expecting that one.

"Could she be the one you'd told me about?"

Now I was even more confused.

"Your childhood best friend right?"

My eyes widened as I quickly whipped my head in Nichkhun's direction. A proud smile curved his lips and the tips of his ears were red.

"Yeah, this is her," he spoke cheerfully and nudged me forwards, "Meet Song Victoria and Victoria, this is my boss, Park Jinyoung"

He smiled at me this time as he extended a hand, "It's very nice to finally meet you. Nichkhun has spoken about you a lot, so much so that I thought you were a figment of his imagination!"

I laughed at this as I let go of Nichkhun's hand to shake Jinyoung's hand. He had a firm grip, but it wasn't intended to intimidate me. I even managed to send the man a smile as we let go.

Shortly after, I felt Nichkhun sliding an arm around my waist and I felt a blush rising. I'd still have to get used to such contact.

"But I assume you aren't here to just introduce her to me, are you?"

He was a clever man.

"Well..." Nichkhun began, "No."

Jinyoung shook his head and went back to his desk, flopping into his chair as he watched us.

"We're together."

Those simple words were enough to make me want to burst in happiness. I never thought this day would come in all honesty, a day where I'd be in love with someone who loved me just as much.

"In fact, we're engaged."

The look on Jinyoung's face was almost comical and I had to keep myself from laughing.

"En... en... engaged?" he stammered and quickly looked at our hands. The rings were there, shining brightly.

"You could've at least given me a warning of some sort!" the older man complained as he slumped back in his plush chair, "You could've at least told me when you were dating. I'm getting too old for such things!"

"But boss, you're only 40..." Nichkhun answered and tilted his head to the side, "You're not old at all."

"Compliments will get you nowhere," Jinyoung jokingly replied as he shook his head, "But congratulations. I hope this brings nothing but happiness."

"Thank you," I replied this time with a bow. His acceptance honestly was all I could hope for. He didn't even have to congratulate us. I really did have the wrong impression of the man.

"No, really, I've never really imposed much of a dating ban on my idols. I want them to experience life too," he gently responded, "But unfortunately, not everyone thinks the same as me."

My heart clenched and Nichkhun released a deep sigh.

Now came the more difficult part of the conversation.

"But come, sit down while we talk about this," he said while motioning to the chairs in front of his large desk. We both complied and even though the chairs were heavily padded, I felt uncomfortable.

"I think most of the fans will be accepting..." Nichkhun spoke first, "I'm just worried about the few that won't be."

Jinyoung sighed, "I understand. Those fans are never easy to deal with, especially since most of them are so young. You're lucky though, you've never had too many of them."

"I don't mean to interrupt, but what do you mean by 'them'?" I piped in. I really didn't mean to stop their discussion, but I'd lost track of it after they'd first mentioned fans.

"You didn't tell her?"

"Well... no..."

"Aish..." Jinyoung shook his head, "By them we mean the more... loving fans. The ones that follow their idol everywhere, even their houses at night and then end up sleeping outside the door."

My eyes widened.

You got people like that?

"Aren't those fans called stalkers?" I asked cautiously.

"Technically they are, but since all they do is observe most of the time, you can't really label them in that way."

I was still shocked though.

What drove a person to follow another? What drove you to want to invade another's privacy that much?

"Do you have any of those Nichkhun?" I asked, blinking continuously. I was still trying to comprehend what would drive one to that point of obsession.

"I once did..." he nervously replied, "But eventually, we moved dorms and I haven't seen her since..."

"Did she do anything strange?"

"No, she was mostly just always around. She'd follow us back to the dorm after practice, no matter the time and she'd be outside in the morning when we'd leave again. I tried not to notice her though, but she'd follow me to my individual schedules so that's how we knew she was my fan..."

There was silence as I comprehended this.

Nichkhun was an amazing man, but not even I would follow him around everywhere. Even when we were best friends, I needed time away from him for a few hours at least. How could one girl have wanted to follow him everywhere?

Did this girl know where he lived now?

...

Had this girl... had she seen me?

"You'll be fine Vic. I haven't seen her for a few months so I'm pretty sure she doesn't know who you are."

It was amazing how he could read my mind like that.

I forced a smile.

"Besides, I'm sure she's gotten over this obsession already. I mean, she would've found the new dorm by now."

He was trying to reassure me, but it wasn't me I was worried about. I placed a hand on my womb as I breathed out deeply. I was worried about our unborn baby.

Jinyoung noticed my action and he frowned before glancing over me, then Nichkhun before resting his eyes on me.

"Aish... really?" he groaned as he placed a palm on his forehead, "Nichkhun, is she pregnant?"

My eyes widened at this and I removed the hand from my stomach.

"What... how... eh?" was all the Thai male could utter as he stared at his boss in shock.

"I was married once you know," he replied while shaking his head, "How long?"

"Just a month," I responded meekly, "I have a doctor's appointment tomorrow."

"You really should've told me all of this earlier..." Jinyoung groaned, "But now, our main priority is not to let the public know until she's given birth ok?"

Nichkhun frowned, "But why so late?"

"Just trust me on this one ok?"

I nodded, "I'll do my best to remain hidden." For some reason, I trusted the man and I knew he wasn't simply saying this in jest.

He smiled softly, "Good. I'll also organize you an access card Victoria. That way you'll be able to come in and out whenever and also go to any area of the building."

I beamed, "Thank you so much!" I bowed too and nearly knocked my head on the desk.

He chuckled, "It's nothing really. Just be safe... and please, any more big news... tell me beforehand ok?"

"We promise we will," Nichkhun spoke, "And thank you for everything boss."

And so sometimes, we only think our fears are real fears.

Sometimes, we can overexaggerate something to the point of insanity, when all it is, is self-created.

. . .

However, some fears... 

. . . 

Really are real.

 

- - - - -

Hi? Don't kill me >< It's been busy and I lost a little inspiration for this story... I'm sorry >< And this isn't too much of an update either really. It's more build up, but hopefully after this I'll be able to go somewhere with this ^^

Thank you for being so patient!

<3