Diet - Day Negative Three

y and I Know It [Hiatus]

 

10:27 PM--Byun Myunghae returned home and had just finished taking her daily shower.

 

 

As always, the round girl readjusted the large beach towel wrapped around her body and hopped onto the digital scale in the corner of her room, staring at the familiar double digits 82 that greeted her like family.

 

 

She took a step off the scale, and as if on cue, her stomach groaned and moaned, demanding to be fed. "I know. I know," she muttered to herself, patting her empty stomach.

 

 

One medium pizza. That's all she decided to eat for her home dinner since she had already had a bowl of ramen at the convenient store. One medium meat lover specialty pizza with cheese filled crust.

 

 

She already knew by instinct how long it would take for the pizza to arrive, so Myunghae slipped into her pajamas and walked out to the kitchen and pulled out a two-liter carton of milk and a small jar of kimchi. The laptop was already on and updated with the latest drama downloads.

 

 

All that was left to do was wait for the pizza.

 

 

--

 

 

Grabbing the last slice in the cardboard box, she headed towards her refridgator and reached into her pajama back pocket. Earlier, the pizza deliver man had given her the usual Pizza Shack coupon where if you collect ten, you get one free medium specialty pizza and a bottle of coke.

 

 

Myunghae stuck the coupon next to eight other coupons she had collected so far. "Just one more." Taking a bite of her pizza, she slowly slugged into her room.

 

 

'Maybe I ate too much kimchi and cheese.' Feeling slightly suffocated by the lack of sweets and overdose of grease, Myunghae tapped her stomach and chest with her fists until she could not take it anymore. She gently placed the cheese stuffed crust onto the empty box, grabbed her wallet and headed out her apartment complex, going three floors down on the elevator and into a small convenient store across the street.

 

 

Immediately after greeting the part timers behind the counter, the round girl turned towards the ice cream section and opened the glass door.

 

 

The Dutch chocolate flavor looked especially sweet that day.

 

 

Humming her recently favorite song by Infinite, Myunghae headed towards the counter with the large bucket of ice cream in her hands.

 

 

"Uh? Myunghae?"

 

 

Someone was calling her.

 

 

"Myunghae is that you?"

 

 

The round girl stopped and turned around.

 

 

A petite girl wearing a short yellow sundress greeted her, staring up with her round puppy-like eyes. Myunghae inwardly snorted, but smiled as widely as her cheek fats allowed her. "Seulki, long time no see."

 

 

"Oh it is you! I almost didn't recognize you. You... gained..." The girl named Seulki voluntarily paused and changed the subject. "How're you? What are you doing here?"

 

 

Seulki and Myunghae had gone to the same high school, and if she remembered correctly, Seulki did not look like what she looked like now in high school. She was gorgeous now. "I'm just... out... buying things." Suddenly, Myunghae felt embarassed. She could picture what she probably looked like next to the tiny and slim Seulki--a mountain monster ready to swallow a frail little girl.

 

 

'At least I didn't get plastic surgery...' She thought to herself, studying the smaller girl's face. 'Her nose looks a little sharper, and her eyes are rounder. I don't remember her having double eye-lids. Her lady mustache is now gone, and her chin--'

 

 

"Myunghae?" Seulki called out to the larger girl in front of her. "Did you... hear what I said?"

 

 

"Huh? Sorry." Myunghae apologized halfheartedly. "I've been going deaf lately."

 

 

Her petite friend widened her eyes in shock.

 

 

'Yep, she got double eye lid surgery too.' Myunghae shook her head. "I was just joking. I'm not really going deaf. What where you saying?"

 

 

"Oh," Seulki repeated, "there's a high school reunion party next month. Are you going?"

 

 

This was the first time Myunghae heard of a high school reunion party. "I didn't know about that."

 

 

An awkward pause.

 

 

"You should come." Her friend invited. "It'll be fun! I mean the reunion is next month. That's plenty of time to diet and find cute clothes--"

 

 

"Excuse me?" Myunghae blurted, her grip around the ice cream container tightening. She was hurt. Even her mother has never said anything about her weight, but now that this slim girl in front of her had said it, the large girl felt her pride go down the drain.

 

 

Slightly furious and upset and the same time, she threw the ice cream container at the counter and left the convenient store without buying it or saying bye to Seulki.

 

 

"Diet? Not everyone is as shallow and materialistic as you." She mumbled to Seulki who was not around to hear her.

 


 

Your five second comments are my three hour energy drinks that I drink when writing my chapters~