Diet - Day Negative Five

y and I Know It [Hiatus]
 
 
158 cm tall and 82 kg light--the round pink-cheeked girl behind the cash register was hungry.
 
 
 
Her small eyes quickly scanned the convenient store shelves until they landed on her target--a large bag of potato chips. Without her eyes ever leaving the bag, the girl quickly pinned on her Seven Heaven employee name tag that read "Byun Myunghae" onto her tight yellow shirt and walked over to the shelves.
 
 
 
As one of the part timers, she had the previliege to eat anything she wanted in the store as long as the total stayed under 5000 won.
 
 
 
"Oh, a new spicy cheese flavor," she exclaimed to herself.
 
 
 
To Myunghae, this was one of the sweet joys of working at Seven Heaven: being able to eat whatever new flavor that has been released without taking out her hard earned paycheck.
 
 
 
Eagerly, she grabbed the spicy cheese flavored potato chip bag and went back to her position behind the counter.
 
 
 
Myunghae pulled out one of the drawers in the back and flipped it over to sit on it. She had already been standing for ten minutes, and her legs were sore. 'Why doesn't the manager put chairs or anything in the back for us?'
 
 
 
A lot of the other part time employees worked standing for more than six hours a day as well. Myunghae pictured the newer part timers pitifully shaking off their aching legs behind the counter without being able to sit down. 'I should let the other workers know about using the drawer as a chair,' she thought proudly to herself
 
 
 
Sitting on the upside down drawer and munching halfway into the potato chip bag, the round girl froze when she spotted a familiar looking customer making his way towards Seven Heaven.
 
 
 
'He's here!'
 
 
 
She got up, panicked quietly to herself and quickly shoved the bag of chips under the counter, not forgetting to wipe and hands on the napkin next to her. As she was stuffing the used napkin into her pocket, the source of her nervousness walked in through the entrance.
 
 
 
"Welcome to Seven Eleven!" She greeted. The tip of her lips twitching slightly to hold back her overflowing excitement.
 
 
 
The boy with slightly down sloped eyes gave her a small bow in return.
 
 
 
Her lips finally curled up into a quivering smile at his small action, and her eyes tracked his every movement.
 
 
 
Byun Baekhyun.
 
 
 
Recently her biggest interest in the neighborhood.
 
 
 
She adored everything about him--the way he greeted her unlike other customers, the way he pondered over which ramen to buy, the way they shared the same last name.
 
 
 
Baekhyun walked over to the counter and placed a bag of Shin Ramen on the counter.
 
 
 
'Lucky Shin Ramen, you get to leave this crummy convenient store and be eaten by Baekhyun at his house.' She playfully cursed the bag of ramen as she glorified the short moment of knowing Baekhyun was standing just an arm's length in front of her.
 
 
 
"Eight hundred won, please." She calmed herself and, with a straight face, read him the price.
 
 
 
Baekhyun smiled, causing his small eyes to fold into a crescent, and handed her several coins with his trembling hands. "Y-You should count to make sure that's eight hundred wons?" He replied more like a question.
 
 
 
She did not really want to be counting a bunch of boring coins when she could be staring at Baekhyun's head. After all, there was no way someone like him could make a mistake in counting and hand her anything more or less than eight hundred wons, but Myunghae sheepishly smiled and agreed, slowly counting the pile of change in her hand.
 
 
 
While counting, her mind started wandering about Baekhyun. She had always thought it was adorably suspicious how Baekhyun's hands and voice always shook as if he was nervous when he talked to her.
 
 
 
"It's the right amount. Thank you. Have a nice day." She thanked him as he bowed again and exited out the door.
 
 
 
In fact, it was also suspicious how Baekhyun came almost everyday during her shift and greeted her. 'Come memories. Don't fail me now!' As if it would help her, Myunghae pressed one side of her head with her juicy index finger. 'Ah.' She recalled overhearing that Baekhyun did not like to socialize with girls nevertheless make eye contact with them.
 
 
 
Strange ideas and uncontrollable fantasies started overwhelming her mind as she snickered to herself. 'Maybe, he likes me! I finally fell for someone who doesn't look at only looks!' Myunghae patted herself on the back. 'I knew being cheerful and polite would pay off. You've done it, Byun Myunghae!' The girl triumphantly raised her two fists into the air and snorted.
 
 
 
"Sorry to bother you..."
 
 
 
The round girl looked over her shoulders in direction of the frightening low voice and immediately jerked her fists down to her side. "H-Hh?"
 
 
 
"Can I buy a pack of Marlboro Snow Blast*?" Raising one of his bushy eyebrows in question, an abnormally tall boy growled in an equally abnormal pitch.
 
 
 
'When did he even come in? How embarassing, and I just snorted too.' Myunghae rolled up only her eyes to catch a glimpse of the customer's expression without actually revealing her steaming pink face to him. "Snow Blast, Snow Blast, Snow Blast," she chanted, heading towards the back of the counter to get him the pack of cigarette. "That'll be 2700 won." Actually, she had no idea she what she was doing or saying due to the sudden untimely appearance of the tall boy.
 
 
 
Boy.
 
 
 
Boy.
 
 
 
Boy?
 
 
 
'Boy?!'
 
 
 
Myunghae blankly stared at the 2700 won on the counter in front of her and then the door the boy just left the store.
 
 
 
'He is not underaged. He is not underaged.' She shook herself out of the dazed state she was in and nodded, trying to reason with herself. 'There are some guys who are older than nineteen but look younger. Yea. Yea. He was just some old guy who looked really young. Looked like a boy. Yes. Okay.'
 
 
 
After settling down and taking the quote "what's done is done" into heart, the girl sat back down on the flipped drawer and pulled out the potato chip bag from under the counter to continue on with her chow time.
 
 


Your five second comments are my three hour energy drinks that I drink when writing my chapters~

 *Marbolo OOO Blast - brand of cigarette.

 

 

 

This comment killed me. LOL! I'm thinking you meant "do your best (with this story)! ^-^♥" NOT "do your best (living your life as a person who cannot tell the difference between their s and belly)! ^-^♥"!
Thank you, and I can see my legs when I look down. Haha!