two

Paper Airplanes [on-hold]

            By the time school was finally over, it was raining. Unfortunately, Jae Beom didn’t bring an umbrella to school today. This morning, his mother didn’t shove an umbrella in his hands before he left for school like she normally did when it was going to be a rainy day.

            The boy sighed as he slipped on his streets shoes. He tapped the toe of his left shoe against the floor to make sure his shoe was on correctly, and he did the same thing with his right shoe.

            Jae Beom strolled out the doors to the school with his hands in his pants’ pockets. He paused to stare up at the sky and he watched as the rain poured down. It wasn’t sprinkling down, meaning he was going to get soaked to the bone on his way home.

            As Jae Beom was about to make a run for it, he spotted a girl standing next to a pilaster that supported the cement canopy that they stood under. She was doing exactly what he was just previously doing: staring up into the sky. He took in her appearance. From the color and length of her hair, to what he could see of her face, to her school uniform, and down to even what socks and shoes she wore. No doubt this girl was pretty to him. Jae Beom glanced back to her face and he could tell by her facial expression that she was off in own little world. He felt that she somehow looked familiar to him, but he couldn’t put a finger on why.

            In the corner of his eye, he saw the mini umbrella that the girl had in her grip. It was sky blue color with white patterns that were shaped like clouds. The way the girl’s hands were positioned on the handle of the umbrella, it looked like she was about to open it.

            A student rushed past Jae Beom, fleeing into the rain. He turned away from looking at the girl and stepped forward to continue on home, but stopped once more when he heard the girl speak up.

            “I hate rain.”

            “Huh?” Jae Beom turned back to the girl, giving her a curious look. The girl jumped, probably startled. She glanced towards him, a slight expression of shock showed on her face. It was most likely she didn’t know Jae Beom was there, and was just talking to herself.

            “Ah, nothing.” She quickly opened her umbrella and hurried out into the rain. He watched her go with his eyebrow slightly raised. She was an oddball, he thought. And with a sigh, he too hurried out into the rain.

~

            Walking into his bedroom, Jae Beom continued to towel dry his hair. He ended up getting completely soaked on his way from the school to his house. Now, he was dressed in comfortable clothes that were nice and dry. They were so much better than his wet uniform that was hung up to dry.

            He tossed the towel onto the back of the chair that was at his desk. The towel ending up falling off and it landed on the floor. Instead of bending down to pick it up, Jae Beom went over to his bed and plopped down on it, his arms sprawled out. His mind drifted to the events that had happened in the morning.

            Springing to back to his feet, he headed to where his backpack was on the floor in the corner of his room. He crouched down, ped it, and looked for the notebook. He found it and pulled it out of his bag. He opened it and took out one the pages that were already torn out.

            Using the creases as a guide, Jae Beom was able to fold the paper back into an airplane. Jae Beom sat down with one leg out straight and the other was bent, his knee up. He leaned against his bedroom wall and rested his arm on his bent knee. He held the paper airplane with his thumb and index finger. He raised his hand, and with a flick of his wrist, he threw the airplane. It didn’t go far and crashed onto the floor a few feet away from him.

            While he folded up another one, he thought about the two girls that he saw today. He thought about the girl, who sat in the window; the one whom made him curious to know whom she was. And then he thought about the girl with the umbrella; the one whom he thought was an oddball.  They both were quite strange, yet they were interesting.

            He leaned his head back against the wall and closed his eyes, continuing to think about the two girls.

            His eyes suddenly flew open and he sat up straighter as he realized something about the girl with umbrella. He figured out why she looked familiar to him. She was the girl in the window.

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Finally updated! Been a while, huh? Also, in case you didn't see my little notice (that I already deleted lol), I moved this story to my main account so I don't have to deal with two accounts. So you're not confused on why this is now under a different user~.