Outfit

Stolen Innocence

 

Jinki arrived at the store an hour before the intended time in fear of being late. He even spent a few moments lingering outside of the store. His mind vacillated his decision for the nth time in less than 12 hours. He looked over himself one last time. He wore a black graphic tee, his best pair of jeans, and the same red cap and sneakers he wore the night before. Jinki sighed, coming to a final conclusion to just enter the store and face his punishment. 
 
When he entered, he found Jonghyun restocking a few cans on a shelf near the front. He was so into his work that he didn't even realize that it was Jinki who had entered the store. 
 
"Welcome to Ki-" Jonghyun began and stopped immediately when he saw who it was. A smile spread across his face and he turned to look at the clock that hung behind the check out counter.
 
"Well, if it isn't my little volunteer. You're here early,” he said enthusiastically. He gave Jinki a sly smile before he made his way over to him.
 
“It's not like I have a choice,” Jinki retorted in a hushed whisper and forced a strained laughed to his new boss. Jinki stiffened when he felt an arm snake around his waist. "Better safe than sorry right?" Jonghyun said with an enigmatic glint in his eyes. He lead Jinki towards the back of the store with ease. 
 
Jonghyun pulled away the curtain that hid the room behind it. Inside, there were a few lockers, one with which was labeled with Jinki's name scrawled messily onto a piece of paper and some tape. Jinki watched as Jonghyun opened his locker and tossed him a dark blue bundle of fabric at him. He opened it skeptically and discovered that it was an apron with a new shiny silver name tag attached to it. 
 
"Come out when you're done." Jonghyun called out from behind the curtain. Jinki didn’t even notice that Jonghyun had made his exit until he found himself standing along in the dimly lot room. He let out a sigh and made his way to his locker. 
 
He opened it with much difficulty. Jinki was horrible with combination locks and such after all. He scanned the contents of his locker; there wasn't much inside - just a hook that hung a new white t-shirt and a white board with his weekly schedule. However, what did catch his attention was a yellow sticky note that was pressed neatly onto the locker door.
 
'After your shift, wear the clothes in the brown bag and meet me at the back of the store.
 
P.S. Do not open the bag until the end of your shift. 
 
P.P.S. Keep our meeting a secret. 
 
-Jonghyun'
 
Jinki scrunched his eyebrows in frustration as he searched the space for a bag. He found one sitting on the floor of his locker - how he missed it in his initial scan was a mystery to him. Fighting the urge to open the bag, he changed into the white shirt and slammed the door shut. He made his way out of the room, ready to face the day ahead. 
 
------
 
 
Working with Jonghyun wasn't as nerve wrecking as Jinki originally thought. After coming out from the locker room, Jonghyun gave Jinki a brief tour of the store. He showed him where to find things on each isle and where the storage room was. He even trained Jinki to work the cash register, to which Jinki was stationed for the remainder of his shift. 
 
Jonghyun mentioned how Jinki will have to cover another shift after his own was over. Apparently, there was one other employee working at the store, but he had to cancel his shift at the last minute due to family problems. 
 
"I'll introduce you to him tomorrow. I'm sure he'll be pleased to have another employee working the night shift besides me." Jonghyun comments, leaving Jinki at the counter to tend to an old woman who needed help  finding something. 
 
The day went by in a blur - people came and went. It hadn’t occurred to Jinki that his shift was over until Jonghyun poked his head through the curtain of the locker room. 
 
"Your shift’s over Jinki. Go get dressed while I finish closing up." Jonghyun called to him as he slipped out of the room and towards the front of the store. 
 
"Neh," Jinki replied, Jonghyun's voice pulling him out of his little trance as he scurried off to change. 
 
Jinki quickly pried open his locker and crouched down to dig through the mysterious bag that lingered annoyingly in his mind the entire day. When he pulled out its contents all he could do was stare at it with wide eyes, mouth agape. 
 
"Like it?" Asked a voice from behind him. "I picked it out myself".
 
"Y-You want me to w-wear this?!" Jinki turned his head, outfit in hand, as he watched the smirk on Jonghyun face grow larger. 
 
If that was even possible. 
 
"Of course, it was part of the deal remember? Or have you already forgotten how you promised to be in my little experiment?" Jonghyun questioned him, his voice laced with a hint of authority. He placed his hands on Jinki’s shoulders.
 
"You know, I could just call the police and hand them the video footage of you shoplifting. Or you can put this on like a good boy you are." Jonghyun told him, running his long fingers along the expanse of Jinki's arm until he reached the clothes. 
 
"Unless," Jonghyun continued, his tongue jutting out to wet his bottom lip, "you want me to put it on for you? And let me warn you, I'll make you go commando in this."
 
Jinki gawked at his boss and shook his head fiercely. He pulled the outfit, and his arm, away from Jonghyun's reach and turned to shut his locker. He quickly crossed the room and into the employee restroom without another word. 
 
Jonghyun watched him scamper in fear and out of his sight. He let out a laugh, before he too, left the empty room. 
 
"Good boy, Jinki."
 
 
 
-----------------------
 
A/N: Sorry for not updating! And for the not-so-good chapter. x___x; 
I've been busy and inspiration left me facing a blank wall so...
I don't know when I'll be updating again.
But I'll try! :D 
On the bright side, 
is anyone other than myself psyched that SHINee is making a comeback?! 
I.AM.GOING.BANANAS.
I can't wait!
:D
...
Okay, that's all! 
Tootles. :) 
-0891214kj