Chapter one

The Truth Behind Everything

- - -

one

- - -

 

 

“Get off your ing lazy , stupid daughter.” My mom pinched my ear. In one swift movement, I became fully awake. Another day of a tiring day. There goes my classmates bullying me the moment I step on school. There goes my dad, drinking and smoking, asking me to buy him more drinks. There goes my mom, torturing me, always saying that I’m the one who caused them poverty. I’ve already memorized all of her sermons. It’s always like that everyday and I’ve had enough. The only one that keeps me motivated to even stay alive is my crush which is also my classmate and neighbor. We’re so close to each other. I’m friends with him ever since we moved to this neighborhood. He’s my everything. He’s the one who gives me advices, keeps me strong, and protecting me. Without him, my life would be incomplete and I’d rather suicide if he left me. But of course, that would never happen. I just hope that I’ll have a courage so that I can tell him my feelings and I hope he’ll also feel the same way. I know it’ll take a time to have that courage. I’ll just wait and see what will happen.

“Soo young ah!” Jong in called, waving his hand in the middle of the street while smiling at me. That smile never left his face. That smile… The smile that I love the most.

I smiled back, running towards him and giving him a bear hug. “Let’s go?” He asked, wiggling his eyebrows. We headed to school only to be swarmed by his fangirls. Jong in is a campus crush. Every girl is dying to be on my position right now. Sometimes, I don’t get why Jong in always chooses to be with me instead of other people out there. Am I special for him that he even ignore all of the invitation parties that he receive just to be with me and encourage me whenever my parents and my classmates bully me? I grinned at the thought. I felt his hand wrapping around my shoulders. There goes my heart again. It’s always beating so fast whenever he’s so close to me. I always feel shivers run down through my spine.

“Oppa! Why are you with that girl again?!” One of his fangirls asked, which is more likely yelled. I see her glare daggers on me. I just ignored the girl and tried my best to walk through the sea of fangirls. When me and Jong in already passed through them, I felt relieved. I sighed and dusted my skirt.

“Let’s go.” Jong in held my hand as we ran to our homeroom. Our schoolmates always mistake us as a couple. I always blush whenever they mistake us like that. I wonder what is it going to be like when he become my boyfriend. I think I’ll be the happiest girl in the world.

The class started and ended very soon. Time is really quick.

I met with Jong in at the gate. I saw him signing some autographs and having selcas with his fangirls. It hurts and jealousy always struck me whenever I see him with other girls. It’s like my heart gets sliced.

Jong in saw me and a smile plastered on his face again. The smile that he only show whenever he sees me. It really makes my heart flutter.

 

I went home only to hear my parents bickering. When their eyes landed on me, they glared at me as my mom went towards me. It feels like time is in a slow motion. Should I walk out? Should I just run away?

I shove those thoughts away and just as I have expected, my mom pulled my hair and pushed me to the floor. She started to sermon me why I always go home late.

“I went to Kai’s home. We made some school projects.” I explained but that didn’t stop her from torturing me. Sometimes, I really envy those people who have a nice mom. A mom who would always ask their daughters, “Are you okay?”, “How’s your day?”, and “How’s school? I missed you.”

I never heard my mom asked me that even once. I saw my dad smirking towards me.

I’ve had enough. I sighed in irritation.

“DO YOU REALLY THINK OF ME AS A PIECE OF TRASH AND NOT AS A DAUGHTER?! WHY DO YOU GUYS ALWAYS HAVE TO DO THIS TO ME? I DON’T GET WHAT HAVE I DONE WRONG! TELL ME SO I CAN UNDERSTAND!” I cried. It’s the first time I talked back to my parents. My parents are shocked. They are now in a frozen position. “Di-did you just talk back?” My mom stuttered, her eyes fixed on the floor.

“YES. SO WHAT? YOU’RE GONNA TORTURE ME AGAIN? YOU’RE GOING TO PUNCH ME, PINCH ME HARD, PULL MY HAIR, AND MAYBE EVEN SABOTAGE ME? HUH?!” I yelled. I felt like our house shook due to my loud voice.

“How dare you… You’re not even our child.” My dad mumbled but it was loud enough to hear.

What? I’m not their child? What is dad trying to say? “What?” I asked, breathing heavily. I blinked when I heard them say the worst thing I’ve ever heard in my entire life.