Strictly Business

SHINee and the CRA

 

Taemin POV:

As we all filed out of the presentation room, I lagged behind the rest of the members, lost in my thoughts. “Special training? Secret organizations? Trained killers? This is too much to fathom! Why the hell is this happening to us?” Unaware of my inner thoughts, Silk led us down the hall back to the main entrance, elaborating on our situation. “Understand that by housing you boys, those three girls are under the radar of their most fiercest enemies, the NOONA’s. They would do anything to get to you, as well as destroy anyone who gets in their way. However, you need to stay close to your country in case you need to return quickly. Aside from those occurrences, you’ll be spending most your time between here and KP-S Island. Think of it as training and a vacation of sorts, not so much as forced protection.” She laughed a little then turned to us. “I leave you here with these final rules: 1, Take your training seriously; this is not a game. And 2, These girls may be your saviors, but nothing more. Do not, in any way, fall in love with them or try to make them fall for you. They may be young and pretty, but they are CIA trained agents. They have no time for such trivial things. The girls should be back soon to take you back to the island. Take care and I will see you again.” With that, she turned and walked down another hallway, leaving us alone in the lobby, with 3 of us trapped in a swirling cloud of our own motives. “Silk forgot a very important thing”, I thought, an image of Anarchy suddenly blooming in my head, “The persistence of a young heart.”

 

Diamond POV:

After working out and going for a round at the CRA shooting range, I decided to head back to the lobby, where, I predicted, the boys would be after finishing orientation. Sure enough, as I peeked from around the corner into the lobby, my eyes instantly fell on the group; or, more specifically, Jonghyun. I am the first to admit, after discovering the group SHINee, I fell hot and heavy for their lead singer. Akasha’s words from earlier bounced around in my head, “The sooner you stop denying it, the sooner you guys can get together!” Heat slowly crawled up to my face, and I shook my head to clear her words from my head. “This is strictly business,” I repeated over and over in my brain as I walked into the lobby to greet them. “This is strictly business” I reiterated as I said hello to Key, Minho, Taemin, and Onew. However, as soon as I got to Jonghyun, my mantra suddenly was replaced by “You like him… you love him… you crave him!” I murmured a quick, squeaky “Annyeong!” then retreated to a far table to wait for Anarchy and Bright. “I can’t afford to think like this, there is a group of crazy es after all of us. I have to stay focused” But even as I reminded myself, my eyes drifted over to Jonghyun, and I realized how hard that was going to be.