Reunited Again

PS I Love You

 

Your POV

 

I woke up the next morning after hearing Yuri's stomping of her feet like every other morning. I looked at my clock realizing it was only 8:00. I groaned wondering if I should go back to bed or just get up. My mind was blank, but it wasn't until a couple moments of staring at the ceiling that I remembered what happened when I went to the concert. Luhan. The moment we met eyes for the first time in a year. Sadly, I wasn't sure if he knew it was me or if he just thought I was another fan. He didn't really seem like anything at all. His expression was neutral, but then again so was mine. We didn't give out any hints that we remembered each other, but what could I expect? He was famous and me? I was a nobody. I was just an average person that no one cares about. I dragged myself out of bed and put on a pair of skinny jeans, a gray laced spaghetti strap, and a white cardigan over it. When I walked out of my room, I didn't see Yuri, she probably went out to go get some coffee at the cafe across the street. Since I didn't some caffeine, I decided to go to the cafe as well hoping to meet up with her.

 

When I got to the cafe, I waited in line and ordered the usual. My coffee which I normally took black. I remember once when Yuri got my coffee she asked me why I took my coffee black which she thought was repulsive. At first, I thought the same, but now that I rarely got any sleep because of my endless studying habits and going to weird parties that Yuri always dragged me too, I had to go on a binge of coffee. Though I would normally make my coffee sweet with sugar and adding a bunch of cream making my coffee a light milky brown, I realized none of that really worked for me and just decided to take it black. The taste didn't really bug me as much, it just felt like drinking bitter water, which I got used to.

 

I grabbed my coffee and I looked outside noticing that the sky was turning gray. It was probably going to rain, so I knew I should probably head back to the apartment. I was about to leave when my eyes caught something peculiar. My eyes couldn't look away, but I saw a teenage boy around 15 sitting with a girl, probably his girlfriend, they were sitting at a table facing each other. He gave her a small gift box, that had a nice silk crimson red ribbon tied to it. She untied the ribbon and opened the lid revealing the necklace. It was a necklace with the letter “L.” It was sterling silver with clear diamonds on it.

 

It was my 16th birthday and my parents were busy both on a business trip, so I had the day all to myself, which was fine with me since my birthday was in the summer so the unbearable heat in Beijing just wanted me to stay inside. Luhan called me earlier telling me he was coming over with my present, even though I told him countless times I didn't want anything from him. He told me I would love my gift, which I was reluctant at first to know what it was, but I decided to just let him surprise me. I prayed that it wouldn't be something I wouldn't enjoy but I realized as long as it was from Luhan I would like it. Even if it was something I wouldn't like at least he got me something. That morning when Luhan asked me if my parents left me anything I told him that they left me exactly what I wanted. My parents got me the white grand piano I wanted. Luhan was surprised considering a piano costs thousands of dollars but considering how rich my parents were they were able to afford it. Since my parents left early in the morning I found out they got it for me, when I woke up and went downstairs only to see the big piano with a nice big red box on top in the extra room my parents were hoping would be another office.

 

I was tinkering around pressing random keys on my piano, when I heard the doorbell ring. I ran to the door already knowing it was Luhan. I opened the door and there was Luhan with a tiny box in his hand smiling.

 

Happy Birthday __!” He hugged me tightly nearly squeezing me to death. He saw the white piano and walked over to it. Surprised that I was actually telling the truth he looked like he's never seen anything like it. He ran his fingers gently on each key. “It looks so... pretty.”

 

I know right? I couldn't believe my parents actually got it for me”, I replied.

Luhan turned around turning his attention back to me. His smile reminded me of a excited little kid on Christmas Day. “Here's your present.” He handed the small box with a red ribbon tied to it.

 

Thank.... you. Luhan, you didn't have to get me anything like I said as long as you're here with me, that's all that matters.”

 

I know, but I wanted to get you a gift.”

 

I took off the lid of the box and gasped when I saw it. It was a sterling silver necklace with a “L” and diamonds on it. “L for Luhan?” I laughed at the fact that he got me the letter starting with his name.

 

Do you like it?” Luhan asked with hopeful eyes, his eyes were almost glowing with excitement hoping that I would say I liked it.


“I love it!” I hugged Luhan again and smiled. “Its the best gift anyone has ever given me.”
 

That small memory had me thinking again about Luhan, but I realized if I kept staring at that couple they would probably think I was crazy. I turned around, when I felt my arm bump into someone. Luckily, my coffee was in my other hand, unfortunately for the person I bumped into I bumped into their coffee. I gasped, when I saw the man looked down at his shirt which was covered in coffee.

 

“I'm sorry sorry,” I apologized as I started grabbing napkins and handing it to him.

 

“No its fine.” He took some of the napkins and started wiping his sweater. I noticed he was wearing a hat and sunglasses even though he was inside. He looked at me once an then looked at me again twice. “__?”
 

“Yes? How do you know my name?” I asked.


“Are you serious?” Its me,” He said as he leaned in closer. “Luhan.”


“Luhan?” I whispered. I looked around and noticed that people were starting to stare at us. “We should probably go outside.” I grabbed his arm and we both headed outside, we both took a seat on the bench. “Luhan, I'm so sorry.”

 

“No, its fine, its just my sweater.” Luhan took off his sweater and placed it right next to him. “See all better.”

 

“What are you doing out in public?” I wondered. “Won't you get chased by a bunch of fangirls?”

“Yeah, but that's why I'm wearing this disguise”, He said pointing at his hat and sunglasses.

 

“Oh yeah they're great disguises,” I said sarcastically laughing.

 

“What are you doing here?”

 

“I live across the street in one of the apartments with Yuri. Do you remember Yuri? The girl that loved to party and everyone thought she was stupid?”

 

Luhan nodded. “Yeah, I remember Yuri. __, this sounds crazy, but were you the one who went to Exo's concert last night? I saw this girl and I just thought that maybe-”

 

“Yeah it was me”, I admitted. “I knew that if I talked to you everyone would get suspicious so I just left.”
 

“Oh, did you like the concert?” Luhan asked.

 

“Uh... Yeah, it was good. To be honest, I don't really listen to your music, Yuri does. So when she asked me if I wanted to go to the concert last night, I kind of wanted to go because... Because you were in there,” I answered honestly. I took a deep breath and looked at Luhan who had all his attention on me though it was kind of hard to tell with those big lens sunglasses that almost covered half of his face.

 

“Speaking of music, are you still playing the piano?” Luhan wondered.

 

“On my spare time.”

 

“Do you still have that big grand piano?” Luhan flashed a big smile, probably thinking about the first time he saw that and when he gave me my L necklace.

 

“Luhan, I actually have to tell you something about-” I was cut off when Luhan's phone started ringing.


Luhan took his phone out of his pocket. “One moment, okay?” I nodded as he answered the phone. “Hello? Yeah, I just went out to get some coffee. What? Oh, okay. Yeah I'll be there. Bye.” Luhan hung up the phone and got his sweater. “I have to go.”

 

“That's fine, I should probably go too.” We both stood up facing each other. I couldn't help myself, but my hand ran through his hair like how I used to always do it and started ruffling his hair. “I miss that feeling.”

 

Luhan smiled. “It was nice seeing you again __.”

“You too.” I slowly started walking away, wondering if this was the last time I was going to see Luhan again.

Luhan watched as I walked away and knew that this was his chance to get in touch with me again. “__!”

 

I turned around and looked at Luhan. “Yeah?”

 

“We should meet again, tomorrow, here, okay?”

 

“Okay, around this time?”

 

“Yeah,” Luhan agreed. “Oh, and is your number still the same.”
 

“Its never changed, you know that. See you later Luhan.” I started walking again and I slowly turned back to see if he was walking. He was walking away also, when he slowly turned around as well. We both made eye contact again and smiled at each other.