Girls' Night Out

Secret Code

I wake up to find myself being prodded by HaNeul's nicely manicured finger. I yawn, "HaNeul unnie... Shouldn't you be in class?" I hear an evident audible gasp and I wonder what's wrong. "Omo! Kyungie! What's wrong with you? It's 3 already!!" HaNeul emphasizes on '3pm'.

I regain my senses and get up, but not before a sharp pain shoots from my ankle to my whole body. I gasp and HaNeul hurries to our mini kitchen to get a bag of ice and settles it on my ankle. "Gomawo, unnie~" I coo as she sits cross-legged on my bed, taking up half of the object.

"Explain to me what happened after you went to the toilet," HaNeul states simply, showing no expression. I inwardly stab myself, chastising myself for not coming up with an answer as soon as I woke up. "Uhmm..." I stutter, immediately coming up with a list of reasons I could give.

1. A bear was chasing me and I tripped on a root.

2. I fell into a pond and the fishes attacked my ankle.

3. An enemy from Mars bit me.

"An enemy attacked me...? And he's from Mars...?" I try my luck, knowing for sure she wouldn't fall for it. I was right, hehehe~ "I'm serious, Kyungie." HaNeul gives me a stern look. Song HaNeul's umma mode, ACTIVATE.

Suddenly, a bulb lights up in my mind and I know exactly what to tell her. I can't have her find out that I'm actually a spy. I have to tell her, but not now. I take a deep breath, crossing my fingers and hope for the best that could happen.

"I didn't feel well after going to the washroom so I came back to the dorm. MinHo oppa came soon after his classes ended and took me out to the park for a breather. I guess he got the news that I was feeling a little under the weather. We were playing chase and then I fell into a drain, therefore I sprained my ankle." I explain, nodding at the fact that I sounded believable.

"Oh... Okay, but next time be more careful arraso?" HaNeul ruffles my hair which is still very messy. I nod and she moves on to a different topic of Mr Song giving too much homework. Excusing myself to take a bath, HaNeul takes out her homework and starts doing it on my bed.

I come out refreshed, pain dully throbbing in my ankle and notice MinHo and HaNeul there. From the looks of it, MinHo is getting scolded for getting my foot sprained. He spots me and starts sending my mind signals which I choose to ignore, enjoying him getting chastised.

He coughs and HaNeul stops abruptly from her ranting. "SooKyung, here's your homework. I better be going now, bye!" MinHo hands me my homework and buzzes out before the nagging came again. I giggle and wave him goodbye.

HaNeul and I spend the whole day doing our homework and when we are done, she suggests that we should play a game of UNO. She's really that bored, I note in my head while complying to her request.

We spend the whole night out with no distractions. Me. Her. The best friends' Girl's Night Out.