Two Months

Mr. Choi's Bar

She was ignoring me. The morning after the incident she didn’t call me.

Every night, she kept avoiding me as she was just doing her work and leaving the bar quickly before I could speak to her. What did I do? Maybe it was because of her father? Did he collapse because of me?

It’s been two month now since I employed her and Chaerin. They did the show every night and we were earning more thanks to them. We had more customers, and I learnt than Jay Park was losing his. He must be fuming. So, who’s the gay now? But somehow I wasn’t satisfied. Father didn’t congratulate me. I had to do more… And I had this misunderstood with Bom now!

“Ji, what can I do? Noona ignores me…” I pouted as I laid on Jiyong’s couch. Actually I was at his flat. I couldn’t stop thinking about Bom, I needed help and Jiyong was my cousin, he had to comfort me!

“You’re a dork man! You’re too oblivious, that’s why she rejected you. I bet you text her everyday! She’s fed up…” he explained tapping his pencil impatiently on his desktop. “I thought we were supposed to deal with the financial statements of the bar tonight! We’re still in bankrupt!” he added exasperated. One hand was holding his head up and he stared intently at the clock. It was 9pm and it seemed that he didn’t care about my problems.

“What? I-I would like to hang out with her, as a friend, that’s all. You know she’s amazing! I always laugh with her, she’s so funny! And she’s smart, we have many things in common you know… For example, she likes reading, swimming and she is even fond of Yanggeng (red bean jelly) ! Just. Like. Me!”

“You. Are. So. Obvious. You love her hyung!” Jiyong declared imitating me. “You know everything about her, it’s not for nothing!”

“She was my friend, that’s why I know all these things, Argh! Help me!” I commanded him like a child.

“What?” he exclaimed.

“Help me! Helpmehelpmehelpmehelpmehelpmhelpmehelpmehelpme…” I kept saying quickly.

“Okay, please shut up now! Gosh, I thought you were mature!” He said taking his phone, “ You own me hyung! Why are all the Chois romantic dorks? First Seven tells me he’s getting married, then you…”

“What are you going to do?” I asked innocently taking a pillow in my arms. Jiyong sat next to me on the couch frowning at me.

“I’ll call Chae, she’ll help us, my lesbian friend…” he said chuckling.

“Why are you calling her like this? I noticed you two are really close now… Are you dating her?” I said teasing him.

“You know I don’t date girls, it’s useless! We’re just friends… Well I think we can call it like this! She can’t help mocking me or shouting at me! Girls really…” he complained his phone against his ear. Then…

 

~

 

It was Sunday night and we weren’t working, thanks God! I organized a girly night with Bommie unni,  Dara unni my neighbor and Minji-ah, Seungri’s friend. She was a good friend now, she was coming every day at the bar. This night we had to comfort Bommie! She wasn’t the same since her father collapsed. And I noticed she was ignoring Seunghyun oppa. There was something strange, really. I had to do something because she was like my sister, I couldn’t leave her like this. So one day she told me about her father and the Chois. She declared she couldn’t see Seunghyun because her father would be disappointed. She even thought about leaving her work.

“You know, I find Daesung really cute!” Minji declared as we were watching a drama on tv.

“What?! Really?! But you’ll be disappointed girl because he hates girls… I don’t know why by the way!” I exclaimed. “Someone wants another cookie?”

“Yep! I really want to see you performing girls, you’re so amazing!” Dara said.

“We’re just singing y songs in a bar full of erts, that’s all!” Bommie unni sighed eating her cookie. Everyone looked at her but we didn’t reply.

“Chaerin… you have the hots for Jiyong oppa!” a mischievous Minji said.

“The hot for Jiyong? I prefer Taeyang, did you see his chest?!” I asked laughing

“Hum… No. Never.” She said honestly.

“I saw his chest twice! You really have to see this Dara! ”

“I’m eager to see this!” Dara said excited.

“I bet Seunghyun has the same chest, don’t you think Bommie?” I asked the girl

“I don’t care.”

Okay, it was really bad. Then my phone vibrated.  It was a message from I didn’t know who. But I didn’t have the time to look at it as my phone vibrated again. I’d check it later! Someone was calling me and… It was Jiyong. What did he want?

“Hello?”

“Hey, Chae! I need a girl right now… I’m !” he said huskily

“What?!” I shouted. All the girls looked at me.

“I’m jocking! Ah ah, it’s too easy…” he laughed, “Don’t hang up, I need your help… It’s about Seunghyun hyung and noona.” He added

“Oh…” I simply said. “Yeah we really have to do something right now!”

“Yeah, it’s urgent! Hyung is annoying me seriously, he’s grumpy, exasperating and he acts like a kid… I hate kids!” I heard him groaned.

“Yeah, it’s the same here! I can’t bear her anymore… I want to help her but… It’s too frustrating!”

“I agree. Hyung wants to see her… We could organize a date for them!” he proposed. But I heard Seunghyun yelling, “We’re not dating!”

“Okay so a friends meeting! But I don’t think she’ll want…” I whispered because Bommie unni was frowning at me now.

“Who is it?” she asked me

“Hum… It’s Jiyong of course, my. Best. Friend…” I said pretending to be cheerful

“Yeah I love you too Chae!” I heard Jiyong saying through the phone. I rolled my eyes and said,

“Let’s do a meeting. You and your “dog”, me and my “cat”…”

“What?! You want me to show you my dog? I really can’t understand you sometimes…” he exclaimed

“It’s a coded language, idiot!” I sighed.

“Oh, I got it! My “dog”, your “cat”… Tomorrow at 2:00pm? Maybe on Gwangjin-gyo Bridge?” he asked

“Okay, but we should be prepared for the worst…” I warned him

“Don’t worry, we’ll just leave them alone! See you then…”

“See you Jiyong!”

“Chae?”

“Neh?”

“I was serious earlier, I’m really … I need you babe!” he whispered degusting me.

“Yah, stop it ert!” I said as I hanged up and I threw my phone on the couch. “Oh… Jiyong said Hi to you girls!” I said a bit breathless.

 

 

“Chaerin unni, you have a cat?” Minji asked after a while.