"Just take a chance, Kelsey. God..."

The little things...

You woke up to the sound of Melody's obnoxious laughter in your ear. When you rose your head up, papers fell from the top of your head and flew to the floor. Several B+'s and a D- lined accordingly beside your feet. You yawned and rubbed your eyes looking around the classroom. You still had 20 minutes left of class, then the day was over. 

"Oh my god!" howled Melody. She was laughing like a madman and you scolded her for being so damn loud. "Dongho, you so funny!" She smiled teasingly and twirled a strand of her hair. Oh, give me a break.

Dongho nodded and turned to you. You were still glaring at Melody, who didn't pay you any mind. "Kelsey, are you okay? You don't look like yourself?" His face shifted to concern. 

You rubbed your face harshly and groaned like an animal. "God. I am so ing tired. I swear, this is the only class I actually get a significant amount of sleep and then I hear Melody's retarded laugh and it ruins everything.

Melody pinched your wrist. "Shut up. You were probably with that boy from the smoothie shop the other day."

Silence fell on the three of you.

Dongho broke the silence. "What boy...?" His voice filled with discreet envy sent you over the edge.

"Don't worry about it!" you snapped. "And Melody, I don't even know that guy's name."

Melody folded her arms. "Well, he sure knew yours."

"That's because--" the bell saved you from explaining. 

"Well," you said sweetly. "I guess I'll see you germs tomorrow." You patted each of their heads and glided to the door. You turned to wave and left.

 

You listened to the broadcast in your car as you nodded like you understood everything going on. 

"And all I'm saying is that Lady Gaga should not be able to perform at that elementary school. Besides--" you cut the radio off and decided to connect your phone. Finally. Some music I can understand. You laughed at the sudden realization that you didn't.

Your mother called you earlier to ask you to swing by her office to take her bag home. You waved the security guard as you do all the time and parked your car. Your footsteps bounced off of the cement walls and pillars as you walked to the elevator. The LED numbers at the top of the elevator shined brightly as the metal doors opened. The repetitive music blared from the old speaker as you stepped inside.

You realized you weren't alone in the elevator as you looked at your reflection in the mirror. A young man looked down and fiddled with his cell phone whilst chewing on something in his mouth. You look eyed him closely as he suddenly looked familiar to you. The guy from the smoothie shop.

He looked up from his cell phone and looked at your reflection in the mirror. His eyes widened and his mouth formed a smile. He turned to you. "Hey, you're from that smoothie shop."

You nodded and averted your eyes. He looked even cuter than he did the other day with his soft grey beanie tilted to the side.

"So, what brings you here?" His eyes flashed.

"Oh. Nothing. Just here to get something from my mother."

"Oh. Sweet. I'm here to pick up my girlfriend."

Your heart sank as you bit your bottom lip. "Oh. That's nice. How is she?" you asked full of artificial concern.

He scuffled his feet on the elevator floor. "She's been better. We had a fight the other day. In fact, it was the same day I saw you at that smoothie shop."

You nodded. "That's sounds too bad. Hopefully, you guys will be alright."

The elevator rang and the metal doors slowly opened. The male began to walk out. He handed you a small, folded white paper and smiled. "We should hang out sometime. I could use some new friends. My name's Kiseop."

You cautiously took the paper. "M-my name's Kelsey."

Kiseop laughed and waved as the metal doors shut closely behind him.

That was nice of him, you thought as you stood in the elevator in silence. that he has a girlfriend, but still nice.

 

>   < sorry I didn't make it longer....

i didn't know what else to put and I didn't want you to have to read the Kelsey person talking to her mom or whatever. 

So...yeah...

I hope it's good ; n ;