"That's not allowed, sir."

The little things...

"I hate these uniforms. Especially these hats!" exclaimed Melody. You laughed as she danced around with the plush strawberry hats. 

"You're telling me! I hate them, too," you replied. You threw the monstrosity down and glared at it as it stared right back up at you with it's black, beady eyes. "It's so embarrassing. Why does Byunso always have to find new ways to makes look ridiculous?" You folded your arms and pouted.

Melody nodded. "And he knows that everyone from school comes here right after the school day. It's like he's committing our social homicide."

The two of you laughed as Byunso emerged from the back of the storage room with a scowl sketched into his face. He handed Melody a broom and dustpan and he shoved the strawberry monster upon your head. The two of you curled your lips. 

"I think Melody should start sweeping the dining area since I'm apparently 'killing' your social life," Byunso said triumphantly. He turned to you. "And since I'm finding new ways to make you look ridiculous, why don't you go make yourself look ridiculous working the front counter?"

He smiled evilly as you spit with your tongue in his face. "Gladly, Mr. Chang. I'll make sure to make your smoothie business is the best smoothie business on the whole Western coast." You smiled sarcastically as he rolled his eyes and wandered back to the storage room. "That's two strikes, Kelsey. One more and I'll have to consider your resignation," he said in a distant voice.

You ignored his threat and hesitantly started to prepare yourself for the hipster crowd that happened every day from 2:30 to 6:45. You and Melody always timed it because that was when all the cliques and jocks and prepsters and hipsters and young adults would come out and tease your uniforms. The two of you dreaded this time of day but it was the only time of day that you ever got to do something hands-on.

Two girls laughed and they sounded like dying foxes. You your front teeth silently as you saw the two slender girls walk to the front counter. Tiffany and Jessica. They went to your school and for some odd reason, they despised both you and Melody. They never had a legitimate reason to dislike the two of you, but they never needed a reason; They were the most talented and most popular girls at your school.

Tiffany snickered. "Nice hat, Pike. I haven't seen a hat like that since my mom's yearbook picture." Jessica howled. 

You rolled your eyes and faintly smiled. Didn't they have a lagoon to get back to?

Tiffany calmed down a bit. "Okay, so did you do that Chemistry assignment that Mr. Vetts told us to do?" You slightly nodded your head. 

Tiffany nodded as well. "Okay." She eyed you with suspicion and brought her voice down to a loud whisper. "Can you let us see it?" The people sitting at the table nearby stopped talking and looked at the three of you. You motioned them to carry on.

You sighed greatly. "I don't have time for this, Tiffany. I'll get back to you later. You're gonna get me fired."

Jessica rolled her eyes and exhaled greatly. "UGH, the only thing that'll get you fired in here is that attitude." You shot an obvious vengeance look at her as she pretended she didn't see it.

Tiffany observed her nails and cooed. "I guess so. Well. Then make me a smoothie. A banana-peach one. And make Jessica that frappe, milk thing you made her the other day. She wouldn't stop talking about it all week." You nodded and went to go do as you were told.

You came back with their drinks as they were talking to a guy standing behind them in line. He looked decent enough, more decent than the rest of the guys you've seen rolling up in the place. 

Tiffany turned around and rolled her eyes at you. She made her voice as loud and obvious as she could as she scolded you. "Oh my god. Took you long enough, didn't it?" She and Jessica waved at the guy standing behind them as they both strutted to the front door. 

You frowned as you watched the two girls switch past the windows. "How may I help you today, sir?" you said angrily. You looked up at the guy who was just conversing with the two females. He was pouting and tapping his index finger on his top lip. His eyes were focused from behind his tortoise framed lenses. His hair was a soft and deep burgundy and it was neatly tousled upon his head. He looked beautiful like nothing you had ever seen. 

He finally spoke and his voice wrapped around your ears. "Ah! I forgot you were standing there." He smiled. 

He smiled...at me.

He pouted once more as you tried to hide your excitement. "Umm...I would like a....strawberry smoothie please." His big brown eyes blinked at you from behind his big lenses and his pink lips were still fixed in his pout. You nodded and went to go do as you were told.

You came back with his drink and you saw his eyes were fixed on your hat. He laughed. "I like your hat. It looks cute on you." He smiled.

He laughed and he smiled. Again.

You rubbed your palms together and looked down at your shoes. "T-th-thank you, I guess." 

He smiled. "You're welcome, I guess."

"Miss Pike, hopefully this isn't flirting that's going on while you're on the job."

You turned and saw Byunso standing there with his hands on his hips, his mouth fixed into a tight frown. You opened your mouth to say something but the guy cut you off.

"No. It's my fault. I was just saying she looks adorable in that hat." He smiled once again.

Byunso put his arms at his sides. "I'm sorry. That's not allowed, sir." His face was unreadable to you.

Evidentially, the guy read something on his face that you couldn't, but wasn't intimidated none the slightest.

"Eh. Okay. I guess so." He paid for his smoothie and started toward the door. He stopped and turned to look at you and then smiled again. "I guess I'll see you tomorrow, Miss Pike."