"Thanks."

I Had a Dream About This Person Whom I Never Met

 

“Who?”

 

“Chanyeol. He said Chanyeol, Lu. He said it for 10 times already.”

 

“Not that I didn’t hear, it’s just because his name sounds so Korean.”

 

“Well, we live in Korea after all. Nothing wrong with it.”

 

“Yea, but the problem is… did you ever heard the name before?”

 

“Nope.”

 

“Me neither.”

 

“So Kris, what did he say after that?”

 

Kris didn’t say any words for the last 10 minutes after he said that name. He just stared at his two friends who kept talking about this mysterious boy named Chanyeol. As he thought before, with the help of Zhang Yixing, Luhan finally knew about this matter. Just after Kris reached the class this morning, Luhan kept forcing him to tell everything about his dream. Kris knew that Luhan loved this kind of story, and he should thank Zhang Yixing for that.

 

After school, the two of them dragged the tallest boy to their favorite coffee shop and had their ears ready to listen to the next story. 

 

“Not much.” said Kris. “He told me his name then I woke up.”

 

He didn’t understand either about his dream last night. After Kris introduced himself, that boy only giggled and said no need to tell him anything because he already knew everything. Not only weird, but also wrong.  How could he know everything about him when they never met each other before? He didn’t even remember there was a boy named Chanyeol at their school. Even both Yixing and Luhan didn’t even know him which was so weird since they knew everyone at school.

Chanyeol… who exactly are you?

 

“A stalker?”

 

“What?”

 

“OMG Luhan you’re so clever! He might be right, Kris. A stalker, just like two girls in our class who kept following you everywhere when we were in junior high school, remember?” said Yixing.

 

“No.” he paused for a while. “It doesn’t make any sense.”

 

Because why would he appear on his dream? A stalker appeared in real life. Not in a dream. And as far as he knew, what happened in a dream usually just a picture of someone’s memory. Since he didn’t even know Chanyeol, it was impossible to have him as a part of his memory.

 

“But Kris… sometimes things happen for no reason and sometimes they don’t make any sense.”

 

And sometimes Kris had to agree with Zhang Yixing.

 

//

 

“Why did you leave?”

 

“I got something to do.”

 

“What?”

 

“Why should I tell you?”

 

Because he just wanted to know. Kris wanted to know why Chanyeol left him last night without any words. He had to admit the fact that he was curious. He was curious over Chanyeol after since he heard his voice for the first time. He didn’t know why this feeling suddenly came to him, but it rapidly grew everytime he heard that deep voice of him; as well as their relationship which showed by how close their position right now. Both of them were not separated by the path anymore, but Chanyeol was sitting beside Kris on a yellow bench where usually only Kris who sat on it.

 

“What do you want to know about me, Kris?” said Chanyeol finally, after both of them found a   comfortable position to talk to each other.

 

“Just tell me who you are and why you keep coming to me. Well, it’s been more than a week.”

 

“You don’t know me, Kris.” said Chanyeol still with a smile on his face, but his eyes didn’t mean it. Those eyes pictured a sadness inside of his heart which he tried to hide from Kris. Chanyeol, he was crying inside because of the fact that   after appearing on Kris’ dream for so many times, the older boy actually never realized his existence. Those eyes always there for Kris but Kris never cared. “That’s why I’m going to tell you everything since this is the last day.”

 

Kris’ eyes widened. “What… what did you say?”

 

“As your wish, I’ll not appear in front of your face anymore. This is the last time, that’s why I should tell you everything that you want to know about me.”

 

“But I never said I don’t want to see you anymore.”

 

Chanyeol stared at the eyes of the other person with disbelieve. A week ago, both of them were just strangers.

 

No.

 

Not only a week ago, but since the first time Chanyeol saw Kris, both of them were strangers. They didn’t know each other, but as a freshman in high school, the first person who caught his attention was Kris Wu. Someone who stole his heart with his smile was Kris Wu. Someone who talked to him for the first time was Kris Wu. However, the one who stole his heart didn’t even know that the younger boy always had his eyes on him. He didn’t even realize that they were once ever been in the same position before; sitting next to each other on a yellow bench.

 

“Thanks.” said Chanyeol. He tried so hard not to cry in front of the older boy. He wanted to hug Kris so bad but Chanyeol didn’t want to look weak.  “Actually I just want to say thanks. That’s why I came here for you. But sorry for taking so long cause I’m a coward.” Chanyeol giggled.

 

“Thanks for made my life brighter, Kris. Thanks for being so encouraging. Thanks for always there when I was down.

.

.

.

.

Thank you… for continue living your life.”

 

//

 

Ever since that day, Kris’ life back to normal. He never had a dream about someone else or had the same dream ever again.

 

But there was something different.

 

Every day, instead of going somewhere to have some fun after school with Yixing and Luhan, he took both of his friends to meet Chanyeol. He wanted make Chanyeol as a part of his life, as one of those important people around him.

 

In his life, he only had Yixing and Luhan.  Kris lived by himself. His Mom died after giving birth to him. His Dad married someone else, and after he died, Kris’ stepmother kicked him out of the house. Kris had no one but Yixing who let him stayed at his house until Kris found another place to live. Beside his perfect life as a popular guy at school, Kris always worked hard every night to pay all of his everyday needs.  Kris Wu wasn’t as perfect as what people always thought. Nobody’s perfect, as well as Kris.

 

“A-yo Chanyeol! You look pretty well today too, huh?” said Yixing. The other boys were walking behind him with a smile on both faces. Luhan patted Kris’ back and gave him a super big smile that made the other person laughed, and then Luhan ran toward Yixing.

 

Sorry, these boys are so loud. How are you today?

 

Kris stared a bouquet of flowers on his hand before stooped down and placed it on the sepulcher. He didn’t cry anymore. Kris was smiling while looking into it. He knew that Chanyeol saw them from above; with a smile on his face that Kris could never forget.

 

Those words of him always sounded in his head. He could continue to live his life because of Chanyeol. He was the one who supposed to say thanks; not Chanyeol.

 

Chanyeol came for him. He actually already became one of those memories of Kris and that was the reason why Kris could saw him on his dream. Yes, they had met before. They even talked to each other in the past, but Kris was just too stupid at that time. He didn’t realize—no, Kris didn’t care about Chanyeol’s existence because Kris couldn’t easily get closer to someone else. On his mind, there were only Yixing and Luhan as his friends and he won’t accept anybody come to his life ever again. He didn’t want to get hurt for the second time; but unfortunately, he was hurting someone else.

 

And that person was Chanyeol; who actually was his savior.

 

Chanyeol saved Kris’ life; even he sacrificed himself to replace him. Kris once thought to end his life because he was too tired of his life, but instead, Kris was the one that caused Chanyeol’s death. The one who supposed to be buried under this ground was Kris. If it wasn’t because of Chanyeol, he wouldn’t be the one who smiled looking at Luhan and Yixing talked to the tomb as if it was Chanyeol. If not because of his stupidity, four of them would not talk to each other in this place but in Yixing’s favorite coffee shop.

 

After Kris woke up from his dream that day, he was very angry. Tears couldn’t stop falling from his eyes, he went mad even tried to end his own life for the second time because of guilt. Memory of that day came back again. A year ago, with the help of Yixing and Luhan, he was able to forget about it and forgive himself for taking someone’s life. No one told Kris about someone who saved him from that accident for his own sake, but after that night and he knew it was Chanyeol , he hated himself. He hated himself for letting Chanyeol be the victim instead of him. He was frustrated and couldn’t stop blaming himself.

 

But then he realized that there was no time to weep. He got to be strong and fight for his life because that was the thing that Chanyeol wanted Kris to do. The only thing he could do to pay everything that Chanyeol had done to him was to continue to live his life. He promised himself to never do such stupid thing ever again because he knew that Chanyeol always looking at him from above, and Kris believed that Chanyeol would always wait for him up there.

 

Although only for a short time, Chanyeol already became the most important person in his life. Although Kris would never see Chanyeol again, he would never erase him from his memory. Although it was sad and hurt sometimes, he would let Chanyeol stayed inside of his heart forever, till they meet again in another life.

 

Hey, Chanyeol. How’s life up there? I wish I never woke up so I could stay with you forever. Only both of us is fine as long as I could see your smile forever.

Hey, Park Chanyeol. I’ll see you soon.

Real soon.

 

ps. don’t forget to say hi to my mom and dad. I’m sure they’ll like you.

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Hello again :)

I'm so sorry to take so long to update the story because I got a lot of things to do irl u__u so yeah, this is not exactly the last chapter because I want to know whether you guys want to read a story about the accident.... or not? So please tell me your opinion. If you think this story is clear enough then I'll stop here, but if you want to know about Chanyeol & Kris' relationship before, then I'll make one haha. Sorry for troubling coz I can't decide T.T feel free to ask if you find something which is difficult to understand ><

So thank you so much for subscribing, forgive me for all the grammar mistakes u__u i hope you like the story and see you again soon ^-^