Chapter 24: Book of Unknown

An Infinitizing Fairytale
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 24: Book of Unknown

Dongwoo's eyes started to open and he looked at Rina who was sleeping next to him.  He noticed that there was hair covering her pretty face.  Dongwoo reached over and moved it out of her face.  He could not keep her eyes off of her.  He knew that she was going to be able to help him with his problem, but he wondered why she brought up the myth.  Did she believe it was real?

Rina's eyes started to slowly open and her eyes met with Dongwoo warm, chocolate brown eyes starting at her.  She felt safe and warm being with him. It might be because she was in his arms, but there was something special about Dongwoo that Rina liked.  She smiled at him, "Did you sleep well Prince Dongwoo?"

"I feel better now! All these meetings are starting to get annoying.  I do not understand why Sunggyu hyung and Woohyunnie's parents hate each other so much." Dongwoo smiled as he unlaced his arms from around her waist and sat up, "You do not need to be formal with me, Miss. Rina." He stood up and stretched his arms above his head, revealing his abs to her. When he realized what he did, Dongwoo pulled his shirt down.

"You're a Prince and I..." A blush appeared on her face when Dongwoo leaned forward and smiled at her. He placed two hands the bed by her.  "I am just some girl that you saved from being beaten by her boss.  I am starting to think there is a reason why those two kingdoms are fighting."

"We are friends and you do not need to address me so formally.  Miss. Rina you are more than a tavern worker.  I think there is more to you then you think." Dongwoo held out a hand for her and she took it.  Dongwoo pulled Rina to her feet.  "Don't tell me that you think the myth is true?"

"There is a possibility that it is true, Dongwoo.  We should never rule out what we believe is a myth." Rina smiled weakly.

"I will look into it, but..." Dongwoo said as he smiled at Rina.  He did not know how he was going to ask her this question.   Dongwoo was unsure if she would answer such a personal question.

"Is there something that you wanted to talk to me about?" Rina asked as she studied Dongwoo.  She noticed them out of the corner of her eyes.  They were appearing more often these days.  Rina wondered why they always came to her. 

"I know there is more to you than meets the eye." Dongwoo said as he studied Rina's face.  "It seems like there are shadows following you."

Rina bit her lip and looked at Dongwoo.  She was unsure if she should tell him about the ability she gained when she woke up in the tavern.  It scared her, but she never showed it.  Rina tried not to show her fear. The shadows were always around him

"Miss. Rina, are you alright?" Dongwoo said as he placed to hands on her cheeks and the shadows disappeared.  He was her light, but she needed to learn to control the shadows on her own.  Rina could not keep running from them.  "Whatever is bothering you Miss.Rina, you can tell me."

"I do not want you to react poorly about it." Rina said.  She could see the sincerity in his eyes.  He wanted to help her.

"I will never judge you Miss. Rina!" Dongwoo smiled.  "I told you that I am here to protect you.  Even if you weren't part of my kingdom, I would protect you. For some reason I am drawn to your aura.  It is nothing that I have ever seen before."

"Is that a good thing or a bad thing?" Rina asked.

"It's a good thing Miss. Rina." Dongwoo said as he leaned a bit closer. "Sooo..."

"I can see shadows..."

"Everyone can see shadows." Dongwoo tilted his head. 

"You know how you have the ability of light. Well I have the ability of shadows.  They seek me out." Rina said, "and..."

"An

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter