The Story Has Just Begun

Rising Sun

"THE EMERGENCY LEVEL IS NOW A LEVEL 5. ALL CITIZENS PLEASE REMAIN IN YOUR HOMES UNTIL FURTHER ASSISTANCE IS OFFE--"

Jae-Hwa turned off the radio and walked over to the window and plopped down on the couch with a sigh. She put her hand up to the window. The glass was cold and unforgiving. Outside of her apartment, she could see crashed cars from the panic that happened a few days ago. The disease had been genetically engineered in North Korea. There was a breach in security and that disease was released into the world. For the first few days, people had just stayed in their homes, too afraid to go outside. But, when even those people began to die, everyone began making a mad dash to get out of Korea. By that time, it had spread all over the world, and everyone was dying from it. There were only small pockets of survivors left all over the world. Some of those were dying even as Jae-Hwa stared out the window, and some were not. All Jae-Hwa knew, was that she had survived, and planned to continue on in that manner for quite some time.

Jae-Hwa had already called all of her friends and family. As far as she knew, there were no survivors that she cared about. She was disturbed by the deaths of those that she loved greatly, but was perfectly content with the lack of people otherwise. It was finally peaceful. Jae-Hwa spent the days playing on her baby-grand piano. She could play for hours and feel no need for anything else. But, her food supply only lasted a few days before it began to dwindle. She knew she had to go out, and she wasn't really afraid of what she would find, but that she may not come back. After all, her piano was here. Then, she realized that, of course, there would be pianos all over the city anyway.

Jae-Hwa grabbed a kitchen knife for each hand, ready to go out into the new world. A muffled shot rang through the air, and she froze. Jae-Hwa slowly moved towards the window that faced the street. A group of 5 guys were surrounded in the middle of the street. Men were running at them from every direction. The guys in the middle were well-armed and shooting the men down at a reasonable speed, but it wasn't fast enough. Before she even knew what she was doing, Jae-Hwa had hurled a knife out the window squarely into one of the running men's forehead. She threw another and ran back to the kitchen to get more.

With one knife left, she stood, ready to attack. The adrenaline rushed through her veins. She felt alive and powerful, that is, until the 5 guys looked at her window. She realized how well armed they really were, and wasn't sure if they would let her live or not, even though she had just saved them. She stared at them. They stared at her. And then, a shot startled all of them. One collapsed and they flew into a panic, trying to catch him and see if he was ok. Except the guy, who turned and shot his shotgun into the distance. There was a faint thump from the falling of a body, and then the guy turned back to his comrades. One of the guys looked at his fallen friend, then up at Jae-Hwa, then down, then back at her. He said something, unflinching, while he stared at her. The 4 of them once again stared at her. Jae-Hwa just walked away from the window with a straight face.

She figured that she should go help their wounded one. She grabbed some bandages, but keeping her knife, and headed for the door. Right as she opened the door she saw one of them about to knock, and the other 3 carrying the injured man. Jae-Hwa stepped to side of the door and motioned for them to come inside. They carried the injured one swiftly in and set him on her couch. With only a series of nods and motioning of directions with their bodies, they communicated with each other. She suddenly felt the cold metal of a gun against her temple. She raised her arms and one of them plucked the knife from her hands. He took it back to the man on the couch. Because of the threat of being shot, she had no choice but to watch as these fit, attractive men, took off the guy's pants and pulled a small piece of metal out of his profusely bleeding upper thigh.

Another came over to her and tore the bandages from her hand. He went back and helped tie up the man's leg. And as the 5 moved around her apartment, she realized how familiar they looked. In fact, they looked extremely familiar. That's when it hit Jae-Hwa, this was the famous DBSK. 

 


 

Author's Note: This, besides some minor changes, is the original Rising Sun chapter. I may not need to rewrite the begining of this one as much as I thought. Stay tuned and I will try to get us back up to speed on this new account as soon as I can! Thank you!