02

Sour As Vinegar [hiatus]

 

It’s been almost a month from the time Kai’s girlfriend broke up with him. And just like he said, he doesn’t give up. He follows her after school just to talk to her. Kai even pleads her to accept him again. During the time Kai struggles to grab her back from her new boyfriend, I become the third person. He knows that she doesn’t want to see him, so he sends me to give her what he plan to give.

I’ve been sending her letters, bouquet of flowers, presents and lots more. There’s this one time, I got really embarrassed because she scolds me for keep giving her all those stuffs. She asked me to tell Kai that all of that won’t work for her. She is not coming back to him.

“Kai,” I address him while entering an empty classroom. Only both of us are here. “I think you should stop doing all this.”

“Why should I?” He asks with his hand wrapping a small chocolate box.

“Because it won’t work.” I utter it carefully. This time he stops what he does and glances at me. I wonder if he’s mad that I said that.

“You agree to help me.”

“I know, but-”

“Forget it. If you don’t want to, I can do it myself.” He stands on his feet and walks away.

I grab his sleeve. “Alright, alright I'll do it.”

“Thanks.” He smiles. I can help but to grin. It’s rarely of him to smile.  I clutch the chocolate that he wraps nicely with a pink gift wrapper. Now, I have to find a way to give this to his ex-girlfriend. She’s trying to avoid me now.

Where is she anyway?

She’s probably at the cafeteria with her new boyfriend. Just like I thought, she’s there. She’s eating, alone however.

“Hey.” I position my bottom next to her and hand her the chocolate. “I’m really sorry.” Somehow I feel like asking her for an apology. If I am at her place, I’ll feel irritated too.

“Please stop this.” She slurps her drink. “Why are you even bother giving it to me anyway?”

“Kai was the one-”

“Again with Kai?” She raises one of her eyebrows. “Why are you doing everything he told you?”

“Well, I just… wanna help him.” I lower my tone.

“You’re lying.” Her respond makes me startle. “You like him don’t you?”

I snort. “No.”

She sighs and wraps her arm around my shoulder. “You shouldn’t do this you know.”

She’s right. I’m pathetic, I know. Why do I become this ignorance girl? This is all because of him. Kai, why can’t you see me? I was the one who always there to comfort you. I was the one who’s at his side whenever he needs me. I listen to his complains and everything. I bend over backwards for him. Perhaps, I wasn’t good enough.

Compare to the girl who’s sitting next to me right now, I have a face only a mother could love. Alright, I’m not that ugly but, she’s like a beauty. Did I mention who she is? She’s one of the famous girls in my high school. Her name is Kang Ji Young. What makes people love her is her character. She’s all bubbly and cute, which is completely different from mine.

“Tell him to stop okay?” She pushes the box of chocolate that I handed to her, into my hand. I nod and grip it.

“We can still be friends… right?” She asks.

I flash a smile to her. She’s nice. No wonder Kai really likes her.

Speaking about Kai, I’m going to speak to him about this. I’m telling him that all this has to come to end. He makes himself seems desperate. He doesn’t have to be like that. That just not how Kai is. Plus, I’m not doing this anymore. Whether he likes it or not, I’m going to force him to stop.

 

*****

 

 “Kai.” I sit, crosses my leg next to him on the ground. He is at the school rooftop since this morning. He skips all class today. “Why aren’t you attending the classes?”

He leans his body on the railing. Kai looks up at the sky, letting the evening sun to strike into his eyes. “Relax. I’m going to get the homework from you anyway.”

“Getting the homework from me won’t be enough. You have to study too.”

“Not really in the mood.” He grunts. 

I stand on my feet. “Why are you like this?” I frown and grip my waist. “This is because of Ji Young isn’t it? She doesn’t want you anymore. Which part of it that you don’t understand?”

He follows what I did. Kai stand no more than an inch away from me which result in making my heart beating faster. He stares right into my eyes, emotionless. He then gives me a sidelong look and move away from the rooftop. Before he walks down the stairs, I block his way.

“I’m afraid I have to tell your mother if you go on like this.” I threaten him. I’m not really going to do it, basically just to make him feel a little intimidate. But I fail. He pushes me aside to give him a way.

“Kai, please… You don’t have to be like this.” I plead. For the second time, he ignores me and keeps on with his pace. I pull his bag pack, forcing him to remain in his position. “Please.” I repeat my word.

He doesn’t take what I said into account. He jerks his bag pack from my grip. “See you tomorrow.” He mumbles and leaves me alone in the school hallway.

I walk out of the school. I think I am the last person who gets out from the school today. It’s getting more and more silent in the school area. Alone, I amble through the lonely street. No one is around. The wind starts to blow harder. I make my way home. 

Kai’s such a jerk. How could he do this to me? Why does he want Ji Young that bad? Is it because she is his first love? Why couldn’t he realize that she didn’t love him anymore?

Tears start falling down from my eyes. Out of the blue, the rain is pouring heavily from the sky. I get a little help in hiding my tears away from other people. My body is all wet. I’m cold and my house is still quite far. Not long after that, someone covers me from the rain. He spread his jacket on top of my head.

Kai?

“Hurry, or you’ll catch a cold.” He grins.

You actually come back for me.

 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

Yay, finally i'm updating. I've been really really busy these few days. I really hope I have written it good enough and not dissapointing anybody. Really sorry if this story is getting boring. I tried my best ^^ thanks for subscribing and do tell me if you have any comment :)