Part1

String

 

It is normal for Kyuhyun to see something like this. Two people together claiming that they are couples but their strings are not attached to each other, yes, Kyuhyun, only him, can perfectly see red strings in people's pinkie attached to another, the person destined for him or for her. He doesn't know if he is lucky or what having that gift.


~


When he was a child he didn't knew that only him, can see those red strings. He told it to his parents saying that he can always see strings as long as there are people.


Both of his parents didn't believe him and his older sister, Ahra, who heard Kyuhyun's confession teased about opening a business called, 'Cupid Kyuhyun'.


Kyuhyun said to his sister, "You and your boyfriends string is not attached to each other, they are just intersecting, you will soon break up."


Ahra only laughed, "Are you sure Cupid? We have been together for three years."


Kyuhyun only grinned with confidence written all over his face. Both of his parents laughed saying how interesting what is happening. Kyuhyun smiled to them and at the string attaching both of them, at least it is good to know that he is really born because of love.


After a week Ahra came home after a date with his boyfriend, tears about to fall from her eyes. The whole family was in the living room listening to her say, "It's over... Kyuhyun is right," tears started to fall from her eyes apologizing to Kyuhyun for not trusting him. Kyuhyun hugged his sister, "Don't worry sis. When the right one comes, I will tell you."


While his sister was crying someone suddenly rang their doorbell. Kyuhyun volunteered to open the door and when he did he saw a man, "Excuse me, does Cho Ahra live here?" The man said, "It seems like she dropped her bag at that restaurant, luckily it contains your address."


Kyuhyun grinned as he saw the string attached to the man lead to their living room.


He welcomed the man, "Please come in."


"Eh? Are you sure?" the man shyly asked.


"Of course!" He started pushing the man to their living room and whispered, "I should be nice to my brother-in-law."


"Eh?"


"Hahaha, nothing. Sister someone is looking for you!" he exclaimed when they arrived at the living room. "He is here to return your bag."


"A-Ah here," the man politely gave the bag to Ahra, blushing.


Ahra, who was no longer crying, blushed as she got the bag from the other, "Thank you."


"A-Ah I should be going now," the man said as he bowed politely.


"NO!" Kyuhyun panicked, "You should at least thank him properly Sister, right Mom and Dad?"


All of them looked at him weirdly before he signalled with his pinky and said, "String."


Their parent nodded immediately asked the man to seat down as they get something to eat leaving the two of them alone. After a few minutes of introduction and awkwardness the two suddenly started laughing as they find similarities with each other. They exchanged their numbers hoping to have more opportunity to meet before the man left.


Ahra hugged Kyuhyun, “Thank you very much Cupid!” She pinched his cheeks and said, “You should really open a business or consultation booth!”


Kyuhyun smiled at his happy sister. He started to think how wonderful love must be, having the ability to make the broken-hearted Ahra happy again.


~


So here he was sitting at a cafe watching as the couple starting to argue about little things and then the argument turned into breakup. He can see that their strings were intertwined with each other but they are not the destined one. Every people were watching the argument not missing anything when she slapped the boy saying they were over and left hastily. Kyuhyun can perfectly see as the intersection in their strings loose. The man cursed before leaving the cafe too.

While drinking his blueberry frappe he looked at his pinkie where his own string was attached. Ironically he haven’t seen the destined one for him, whenever he looks to where his string is attached it looked so far and endless. He tried following his string once but he ended up at a beach where his red string making a great contrast against the sea, so he thought, ‘Maybe that person is on another country...’


Suddenly there was a tug in his string making him stand up and look around the busy cafe. This was the first time his string moved in his whole lifetime. While he was looking around someone suddenly touched his... Um... Philtrum? He confusedly looked at the slightly shorter man in front of him.


“Hey. I’ve been asking you for the second time if I can share this table with you,” a cheerful husky baritone voice came from the other making Kyuhyun blink in confusion, “Are you daydreaming? I asked you earlier but you suddenly started looking around.”


“Oh I’m sorry,” Kyuhyun said and looked around the cafe where there were many vacant tables, “U-Um... This may be rude but... Why do you want to sit here even if there are many free tables?”


“Oh... Ha ha ha! You caught me, actually it is very lonely being alone so I wanted to talk to someone and you look like the most interesting person in this place,” the other said as he sat down putting his strawberry frappe into the table.


“Are you a psycho?” Kyuhyun couldn’t stop asking the other feeling that the other was really interesting too.


This made the other laugh again, “See! You really are interesting! I’m not a psycho but my blood type is AB. By the way my name is Yesung, 27” he said as he offered a handshake to Kyuhyun.


“Kyuhyun, 23” Kyuhyun took and shook his hands and looked at his string making him surprised, he has never saw someone with that many strings attached. There are six other strings intersecting his string. “You must be really sociable,” Kyuhyun sarcastically said as he continued shaking the others surprisingly small hands.


“How did you know?” Yesung asked before drinking his frappe.


“I can see something that other people can’t see,” Kyuhyun said before drinking his own frappe. He doesn’t know if he should tell the other the truth.


“Wow! You must be really weird too!” Yesung exclaimed making all the people inside the cafe look at them.


Kyuhyun blushed, ‘Why the hell the word weird did sounded like a praise?’ “No! I’m not weird! How can you tell someone is weird when you just met him?”


Yesung giggled and shrugged, “I don’t know... My friends call me weird because I love turtles and touching philtrum of people... while you can see things other people can’t see so you are weird too!”


Kyuhyun face palmed himself getting the urge to tell Yesung everything about his gift and he did, “I can see strings...”


“You mean strings of instruments?”


“No, no. I can see red strings attached to a person’s pinkie,” Kyuhyun said as he raised his pinkie.


Yesung also raised his pinkie, “You mean this?”


“Yes, maybe you can’t see them but I can.”


“What do the strings mean?” Yesung curiously asked. Kyuhyun can see a glint in his eyes, this must be really interesting for him.


“The string of a person is attached to another, that another person is the destined one for that person,” Kyuhyun calmly explained expecting Yesung to doubt if he was not crazy.


“THAT IS GREAT!” Yesung shouted again making the other people look at them again. “Can you see mine?”


“Yes... but there are seven, including the string really attached to you.”


Yesung tilted his head as he stared at his pinkie, “Why do I have many?”


“Maybe you are close to many people,” Kyuhyun said.


“But.... I really want to meet my destined one.... How can I do that?”


“Well base on my observations if the other intersecting strings are removed you can finally meet the one.”


“Then... would you help me Kyuhyun in my search for my destined one?” Yesung excitedly asked.


“Eh?”


“Without you I wouldn’t know if I’m doing things right... And will you not be frustrated if you see me again next time and more strings are attached to mine or I’m with a person not destined to be with me?”


“Next time we meet?” Kyuhyun asked.


Yesung smiled, “Our lives already intersected, I will surely see you again even if you don’t want to.”


‘What have you gotten yourself into Cho Kyuhyun?’ Kyuhyun asked himself as he frown his eyebrows.


“So?” Yesung is smiling to Kyuhyun.


Kyuhyun couldn’t help but compare Yesung’s eyes to the crescent moon. He started thinking if he should really help the other.


“Please?”


Kyuhyun smiled to himself. Yesung was not the first one whom he told about his gift but he was the first one to believe him immediately without any proof, “Yes, I will since I’m really bored these days.”


Yesung started throwing his fist in the air as if he won something. “Thank you very much Kyuhyun! This means a lot to me!” He held Kyuhyun’s hands and their faces were so near each other.


Kyuhyun didn’t mind Yesung holding his hands but when he realized how close their faces with each other to the point that he can smell Yesung’s strawberry scent, maybe from the frappe, and how Yesung was staring at him directly in the eyes. He started blushing and feeling comforting warmth from their touching hands.


Kyuhyun coughed a little making Yesung come back to his senses and also blush while he sits down in his chair.


The people around them said things like maybe he, Kyuhyun, accepted his, Yesung’s, proposal that is why the other is so happy making them blush more.


Kyuhyun pretended not to hear what they said as he gave Yesung a pen, “Can you think of the six people who are intertwined with your string?”


“Hmm... let us see... Oh! I think I know now!” Yesung immediately wrote the names in a tissue paper in the table, “I’m not confident they are those people but I feel they are,” he gave the tissue to Kyuhyun.


1. Donghae
2. Eunhyuk
3. Hangeng
4. Heechul Hyung
5. Ryeowook
6. Sungmin


“Wait... are all of this guys?” Kyuhyun asked in disbelief. He was expecting six names of girls not guys.


“I think yes, biologically speaking. Heechul Hyung is a boy but he looks prettier than girls and Sungmin and Ryeowook are boys too even if they are really cute,” Yesung said while in deep thought.


Kyuhyun can only stare at the list and back to Yesung who was still thinking.


“So we will start tomorrow?” Yesung asked.


“Tomorrow? Hmm...” Kyuhyun smiled, ‘this will be really interesting.’ “Sure!”


Yesung stood up again and shouted, “Thank you Kyuhyun!” before hugging the other.


Strangely when Yesung hugged him he felt another tug in his string but instead of thinking about it he just smiled as he relished the moment.



~

I assure you the next one is longer and weirder and more incoherent XD
but hey! hahahaha!


Tomorrow is my enrolment so I guess I’ll really not be able to update new fic.

I promised to myself that I’ll focus on my studies because I’ll have my major subjects starting this sem^^

Will post the next part soon! (after I beta it a little bit)