Rooftop

On the Roof

 

They don't even know how it started, or why it started. It just happened one day and it just stuck, they would venture up to the rooftop of their dorm, CD player in hand and a few bottles of water and begin their ritual of practicing their dances and songs from their trainers back at SM Entertainment. Their bonding time, the time that they have for just themselves and rewind and just let go of the day. 

"Ok Taemin-ah, one more time and then we'll be done for the day," Jinki panted and wiped the sweat from his brow. "And then we could go and eat some chicken!" 

"But Hyung, we had chicken yesterday," Taemin chuckled.

Onew shrugged, pressing play on the stereo, "Yeah, but there's a new chicken place that I wanted to try."

Taemin rolled his eyes, as he danced. He could never understand how someone could love chicken that much. Sure he enjoyed eating chicken, and any other kind of meat there is, but eating it religiously just seemed so strange. That was one thing that Taemin loved about Jinki, a strange fellow but always knows how to make him smile. It was almost like having another brother around, something that Taemin needed since he had to leave his family behind in order to become an idol. He missed his real brother, but Jinki and his other roommates soon become his second family. His home away from home, that soon he didn't miss his brother or his mom and dad as much. 

"Taemin-ah?" Jinki broke Taemin from his thoughts, "Are you ok?"

"What? Oh, yeah I'm fine just thinking is all," Taemin explained as he finished off the dance. Even when he wasn't concentrating he still was pretty awesome at dancing. 

"About what?" Jinki asked as he pulled the plug of the stereo, neatly wrapping it around the stereo before setting it down on a chair and retrieving the two bottles of waters. He handed one to Taemin before taking a sip from his own and sat down on the cool concrete. 

Taemin sat next to Jinki, sipping his water before answering, "Just stuff," Taemin answered simply, gazing up at the flaming sky of the waning day. 

Jinki poked Taemin's side, "What kind of stuff?" Jinki continued to poke Taemin's side until Taemin began to squirm, giggling as he tried to escape from his hyung's pokes. he then began to poke Jinki in the sides, that soon the roof was filled with laughter that lasted well until the sun sank below the horizon and as the first glow of starlight filled the sky. 

"Hey Hyung," Taemin finally spoke once they were calm after their poke war. 

"Yes." 

"Can we get that chicken now before it closes." 

Jinki nodded, smiling down at Taemin as he helped him up to his feet. He wrapped his arm around Taemin's slim waist and guided him down the stairs. Jinki picked up the stereo before looking at the roof on last time before closing the door. Their special place will be waiting for their return tomorrow, filling with more happy memories of the pair as they grow. 

 

A/N: So sorry that it has taken me this long to write this little story up! I have been super busy lately and couldn't find the time to finish it. I know that this might not be the best of stories, but I promise that the next story(ies) that I write will be much better than this. Again, I'm sorry for those that have waited this long for this. Hope you all enjoy it.