30.

Horizon

 

 

 

It was almost evening when Chanyeol returned to Baekhyun. He had a frown on his face, and he seemed pretty annoyed. "What happened?" The older man asked, worried for him. The scientist sighed heavily and slumped on his bed. "We met Wu Fan's mother and grand-mother, I have to say we don't have to worry anymore… I'm just a bit confused. I mean, what are we going to do now? Yixing was talking about a war… Are we really going to fight?" Baekhyun just stared with a blank face and after a long minute, he sat next to his lover and rested his head against Chanyeol's shoulder. "A war, huh? I guess we aren't lucky enough. We will fight for our future." He mumbled weakly. They sighed heavily, way too worried to talk about a war. "Anyway, how's Jongin doing? I hope he's feeling good, they did some nasty experiments on him…" The older man hummed and shrugged. "He seemed pretty tired today. He kept staring at nothing, he usually isn't like that."

Chanyeol frowned: those weren't really nice news. "Did he say something about it?" His lover shook his head. "Nothing, but everyone saw how tired he was." Baekhyun mumbled. "Anyway, I think we have to plan an attack, and quickly." War business was hard and scary; nobody wanted to deal with it, and it was going to affect everyone in the world. "Anyway, I want to know the whole story of the alien who ruined humanity. Let's meet everybody in the inn downtown, we'll talk in front of a nice dinner." Baekhyun chuckled weakly and kissed his lover. "I hope it's not going to be boring."

 

Luhan looked happy to tell the story of a man from his world, and when everyone had his dish on the table, he started eating with a wide smile. "I'm glad you asked to hear about the story!" He exclaimed after gulping his food. "This story might help us to gain some hope, since those scientists thought that my ex-fellow citizen have reincarnated into Jong In." He smiled prettily and when he saw that he had everyone's attention he begun talking.

"Many years ago, a tribe from my native planet decided to start a hopefully long friendship with humans. There was a problem bugging us: some citizens couldn't find a mate. The entire population saw that as something horrible. We were just some millions and our planet was bigger than yours. We didn't want our kind to die forever. So a tribe came here, to search for potential mates. It was successful, and humans were glad to help us." Luhan stopped and sighed heavily. "But their happiness didn't last very long. Some humans attacked and killed some of us, even if they promised to help each other. That's when Kai, a young but wise citizen of my planet, decided to act. We trusted him, everyone looked up to him, so everyone decided that whatever he was going to do, it was going to be the right thing. He ruined planet Earth as a punishment for humans and he died as he tried to protect his brothers and sisters!"

At that point, everyone had long forgotten the delicious dishes, too engrossed in the story to bother. "Kai cried and fought for everyone, but he promised to come back to start a new kingdom, were our two species could live in peace and harmony." Kyungsoo, who looked really interested, decided to speak. "Have you ever met Kai?" He asked with a curious glint in his eyes. Luhan nodded, glad to see that everyone enjoyed his story. "I met him in my dreams! He's so cool, too bad Jong In doesn't look as great as him." The group shifted his gaze to the young man, but Jong In didn't seem to notice the stares. He was looking at the ceiling, his eyes empty and cold. Luhan understood that there was something wrong with him; the young man had felt tired during all the day, but it didn't look as a normal thing. Jong In woke up full of energy, but, after breakfast, he was once again falling asleep.

In that moment, they heard a loud noise: it was a helicopter that was landing near the inn. The group run outside and saw that Xiumin and Chen with some other people, who looked lost and incredibly scared. "They're some experiments, we helped them… It seems that now you guys have run away those scientists are gone really mad. You had the best results, so they increased the experiments hoping to see some nice results." Xiumin guided the cold experiments toward an empty house. "Stay with them for the night. There is a child, too, he's the most scared one. Please?" A small child with dark hair appeared behind Xiumin's legs, looking at everyone with wide eyes.

"Don't worry, we'll help them." Chanyeol reassured him. The boy walked with hesitation towards the large group, and he started sobbing quietly. Tao took him in his arms and started whispering to him with a small smile on his lips; they didn't have to wait too long for the child to stop crying, and everyone smiled when they saw that he was now playing with Tao's shirt. Wu Fan was soon near his lover, staring with a curious glint in his eyes; he started caressing the little boy's hair and the kid started yawning and zoning off. The group entered the house, as the experiments were feeling safer than a few minutes before. Chanyeol was explaining what was going to happen to them, but when he saw that everyone was incredibly tired, he decided it was better to go to sleep. There were many rooms and beds, but Tao decided it was better to sleep next the cute boy – he didn't want to leave him alone in that place, he was almost sure he was going to have nightmares.

Wu Fan surprisingly agreed. He seemed to like the kid, even if he was slightly jealous. He didn't want to see anyone in Tao's arms. They lied on the bed, with the little child between them; when the older man saw the boy with his index finger in his mouth, he smiled softly. "He's cute." He whispered. Tao chuckled, covering themselves with the blanket. "Can we keep him?" The younger man forced himself not to laugh. "Wu Fan, he's not a pet. But he can stay with us, don't worry." Wu Fan's smile got wider and he kissed his lover, careful not to crush the boy with his body. It was nice, having a new family. But just the thought of experimenting on a young child made everyone angry. They couldn't continue with that, they really couldn't. They had to stop those scientists, they had to stop the Government.

 

They soon discovered that the young kid was shy with strangers but curious and mischievous around the group. He looked happy to be near Tao and Wu Fan, but he loved spending time with Baekhyun and Chanyeol: he was always laughing with them, he truly enjoyed playing with the couple. Everybody had missed joking and smiling, the arrival of that boy helped them to relax and for awhile nobody thought of the war. There was only one thing that was bugging everyone: Jong In was even more tired, so much to the point he struggled to stand on his own legs. He was sleeping, but it wasn't enough and he kept losing his energies, every day a little more.

But that changed rather quickly. Some days after Xiumin and Chen's arrival, some citizens saw soldiers, armed with multiple kind of guns and bombs. It was immediately chaos, everyone started shouting and running away as the first bombs were thrown. Right in that moment, Jong In fell on the ground; even if Kyungsoo wasn't strong enough, he tried to carry him, but Sehun quickly helped him and they run away. In just a minute they were inside a van with children, some women and old men, ready to go away from there. "Wu Fan!" Tao cried. His lover was just about to start fighting the soldiers, but he turned around and kissed Tao for a last time. "It's okay, I'll come back!" He reassured the younger man. Tao nodded and returned inside the van; he trusted Wu Fan, he knew he was going to be alright.

He hugged tightly the kid from the laboratories and checked Jong In: his friend's eyes were empty, he was breathing lightly and the beating of his heart was getting slower and slower. Tao took his hand and closed his eyes, desperately trying not to cry, but he gasped when a blue light covered Jong In's body. The van was already far from battle, but everyone inside there could hear the battle cries. Suddenly, Jong In opened his eyes and sat up. Kyungsoo, Tao and Sehun stared at him, amazed. The blue light disappeared, and with it, the young man disappeared, too. Kyungsoo gasped loudly and touched the ground where Jong In was. He wasn't there anymore, how could that be possible?

After a long minutes, they saw once again the blue light from the van door's slit. It lasted a second, but it was enough to intrigue the group of people. The car stopped and everyone hopped off; there was complete silence, broken by the little boy in Tao's arms. "He must be an angel!" He exclaimed with happiness in his voice. Kyungsoo smiled weakly and nodded, before returning inside the van. "I truly hope he is. We need a miracle in order to have freedom." They returned to the village and they found Jong In there, waiting for them, together with Wu Fan, Luhan and Chanyeol.

"I think you'd like some explanation." Jong In mumbled with a guilty look. Kyungsoo was red, rage in his eyes, and he didn't even bother to answer. He went near the young man and slapped him on his cheek, surprising everyone. "I think I don't, Kai." He snarled. "Because I know you're a murderer."

 

 


A/N:
Okay, sorry for the late update but teachers just love exams before holidays! =_=
I want to warn you guys: next time there will be a "surprise"! I bet you won't even imagine! :3
Write me on my tumblr, I feel so alone ;^;

exoticmisty: Ahahah, sorry, it wasn't grandma, but mom! XD Here's the update :3

sherilyntheeurasian: XD You're right :3

Lemonadismdrew: Thank you so much, I don't think it's one of the best fics, since I know my English isn't perfect ^^

PandaBiased: I think you might like next chapter *^*