Say No

Take Care of my Girlfriend

 

The next day came along. Jiyong was suffering from a killer hangover when he went to school. He had put all the blame on Dojun for not stopping him from drinking up six bottles of soju, nonstop.

And just when I wanted to look as if I didn’t care about our break up…he thought. GREAT! MY HEAD IS KILLING ME.

“Hey there, Jiyong.” A sultry voice interrupted Jiyong’s self-get-rid-of-hangover session.  He turned to see a girl from his grade standing by his side.

He put on his famous playboy smirk. “Hey baby. Wassup?”

“You don’t look so good.” She said.

“It’s because I missed you last night, Hyunae.”

“It’s Hyuna.” the girl said, almost dismissively.

“Hyunae is for Hyuna plus ai which means love in Japanese. Didn’t you know that babe?” Jiyong whispered to her, huskily. Hyuna giggled.

“Yo, Jiyong!” Jiyong’s flirting was interrupted by a shout coming from afar.

“Let’s end this here, baby. I’m bored with you. You have all same reactions, you don’t care if I get your name wrong. So bye.” Jiyong said, dismissively and shoved his hands into his pockets before walking away.

“W-wait! Jiyong!”

And he didn’t even pretend to hear the girl’s shouting.

.

“Man, it’s just been three weeks that you broke up with Dara, you’re out playing again?” Daesung questioned.

“It runs in the family dude. We Kwons just can’t suffer heartbreak.” Jiyong said, smugly.

“Hey, that means I can ask Dara out, right?” Yongbae said, grinning.

Jiyong grinned and just waved him off. There was no way he’d allow anyone to date Dara. If it wasn’t him, it was no one.

“I’m being serious, Jiyong. I can ask her out now, right? You’ve broken up.”

“Hey man, you there?”

“Yeah, what?”

“I said, can I ask your ex out? After all, you both have broken up. So…”

“Sure, go ahead. Cherish her in my place.”

“You sure?”

“It’s okay. It’s not like we have anything to do with each other anymore.”

Seungri threw his arm around Jiyong’s shoulder. “That’s so cool, man.”

Jiyong smiled at Yongbae as he opened his mouth to speak. “Don’t try to apologize, I’m not that hurt, anyway. Just be a better boyfriend to her.”

Speaking of the devil.” Daesung said, looking at the end of the hallway. Dara was coming with Chaerin and Minzy.

“Hey Ji-”

Jiyong shook his head and turned towards Dara. Their eyes met for a second before they both turned away.

“Go on. Talk to her.” Jiyong said, turning around to face Seunghyun who was glaring at him, disapprovingly. “She can’t drink much, hates the fumes of cigarettes.” He said, looking at Seunghyun. Then turned back to Yongbae.

“She hates being alone so be with her at all times. And never forget to celebrate her birthday and anniversaries. She loves those occasions.” Jiyong said with a smile.

Why am I telling him all of this? Jiyong asked himself. If I can tell him this, why can’t I tell him that there are nights I can’t sleep because of her? That my heart isn’t ready to give her up yet?

“Ji-”

“Think fast. Here she comes.” Jiyong said. Sure enough, Dara had caught up with them.

“Where’s Bom noona?” Jiyong asked.

“She’s sick. Said she’ll skip school today.” Dara replied, without much emotion in her voice.

“Oh, is that so? Seunghyun, you’re going to visit her, right? Mind if I come with you?” Jiyong asked.

Seunghyun didn’t answer. Instead, he was staring from Yongbae to Dara to Jiyong, being the giant among all eight of them.

“Dara-ah..” Yongbae started. Daesung and Seungri snickered. Chaerin and Minzy just stared. Seunghyun was still looking from Yongbae to Dara to Jiyong. Jiyong…

Jiyong was desperate. He turned around and began to walk away. He just couldn’t stand and watch when his best friend confessed to the girl whom he couldn’t let go of. He knew he was going to regret it as soon as he walked away but he had to keep his cool. He knew he was going to get upset and cry over it, but he wasn’t going to stop Yongbae.

Say no, Dara. Say you can’t. He kept repeating inside his mind. 

When he walked a safe distance away, he turned around. From the position he was in, they couldn’t see him, but he was able to see them.

Jiyong read Yongbae’s lips. “Dara-ah, I like you. Be my girlfriend?”

Say no. Say you can’t. Say that you’re waiting for me to come back.

He couldn’t watch anymore. He turned around and continues walking as girls began flocking around him. All he could hear was the annoying sound of girls giggling.

And this was what it all came down to. He lost. He lost his girl to keep his friend. What a life.

Jiyong took out his cellphone and typed.

/Take care of my girlfriend./

He had second thoughts about sending the message to his friend. With much hesitance, he pressed the send button. 

That's all for this story. Sorry if I let you guys down. 

But hey,  I'd also feel dead guilty if I didn't continue, right?

Sequel will be up soon! I'll link it as soon as I'm able to put it up! Keep waiting until then! ^^ ♥