His confession, her reaction

Take Care of my Girlfriend

 

Five months, one week ago

“Dara-ah…” he mumbled to himself, walking towards the senior’s classrooms. “I like you. I want you to be my girlfriend.”

The lunch bell rang. Jiyong squeezed his eyes shut and took in a deep breath. As if on cue, Dara, along with Bom, exited her classroom to go to the cafeteria for lunch.

“D-Dara!” Jiyong called out to the girl who was facing her back to him. At once, she turned around. Her face lit up when she saw Jiyong standing there. She exchanged a glance with Bom as they waited for Jiyong to catch up with them.

“Hey to you too. You know, it’s strange seeing you here alone without Yongbae or Seunghyun with you.” Dara commented.

“Yeah, where are Seunggie and the others?” Bom asked.

“They went to eat. I wan..I wanted to talk to Dara.” Jiyong said.

“Oh, what is it?” Dara asked, almost excited.

This is it. You’ve already said it, you can’t escape now – it’s Dara for crying out loud! Jiyong thought. He opened his mouth to speak but then realized Bom was also there, attentively listening.

“Noona, Seunghyun wanted me to tell you to go to him as soon as you can. He seemed to have wanted to give you something.” Jiyong said, turning to Bom with a sweet smile. Bom’s face brightened up.

“Dara, let’s g-”

“Go ahead, noona. I’ll take Dara with me.” Jiyong said with his sweet smile.

“Oh, okay!” and without wasting even a moment, she quickly ran off.

“Jiyong, that’s rude!” Dara said, laughing, however. “Poor Bommie…”

“I didn’t lie, he did want to give something to noona! Only…I don’t know if he’s just ready yet.” Jiyong smirked to himself, imagining his friend’s surprised face when Bom would go up to him.

“But what did you say you wanted to talk to me about?” Dara asked.

Direct as usual. Jiyong sighed. “Okay. I’m going to let it all out now, don’t stop me, okay?” he said.

Dara looked at Jiyong with an amused glance. “Alright, I’ll listen to you.”

Jiyong took in a deep breath then looked into Dara’s eyes, determined and full of emotion.

“Dara-ah…I love you.” He said. “No…that sounds wrong. I’m in love with you, Park Sandara. You haunt my dreams, my reality and my every own existence. It’s torture for me to be with you every day and know that you’re not mine.”

Dara’s eyes slightly widened. But then returned back to normal with a chuckle and a sweet smile on her face.

“It’s torture for me to see endless number of guys from different ages hit on you and flirt with you. It’s torture for me to love you and keep everything to myself. So..yeah, that’s what I wanted to say. I’m in love with you, Dara-ah. I want you to be my girlfriend.”

“Is that all?” Dara asked.

“Huh?” Jiyong asked, flabbergasted. It was almost as if all the courage and determination he had saved until then had disappeared. With just three of her words.

“I asked, is that all? Do you have anything else to say?” Dara repeated.

Jiyong was hurt – big time. He was hoping she’d at least understand him. And yet…she was just trying to get away from him as soon as she could. No wonder all the boys who had confessed to her had to go to mental hospital.

“Uh..yeah, I guess.” Jiyong said, turning his face away.

“You big baby. Look at me.” Dara demanded. At the firmness of her voice, Jiyong turned to her at once.

“W-what?” he stuttered.

Dara chuckled. She put her arms around his neck. “You just poured all your feelings out to me. You really think I’d let you go off like that without hearing what I have to say?” she asked.

“Huh?” Jiyong, by now, was completely dazed. “The fu-”

Before Jiyong could complete his sentence, Dara placed her lips on his, silencing him. 

For a moment, everything got in slow motion. Jiyong could have sworn he had died and fallen in heaven.

After moments, Dara stepped back and smiled at him.  “How the hell do you think I’ve been feeling about you? You actually have the nerve to say you’ve been suffering? You have no idea how much I’ve been suffering..”

A smile took over Jiyong’s astonished face. “Does that matter? All those things were to make you say yes to me.”

Dara rolled her eyes. Typical Jiyong.

“Now, all you’ve got to do is confirm to me that you’re my girlfriend. Say it.” Jiyong probed.

Dara tried her best, but she could help it. She giggled.

“Kwon Jiyong, hence forth, I, Sandara Park, will willfully be your girlfriend.” She said and pecked Jiyong’s lips. “Sealed with a kiss. Happy?”

Jiyongpretended to look thoughtful. “No.”

Dara stared at Jiyong with a blank face.

“Cute.” He chuckled and pressed her against a wall, crushing his lips on hers. For moments, they made out, passionately, until they heard someone clear their throat.

They both turned to see Seunghyun and Bom standing there, narrowing their eyes at the newly formed couple.

“What?” Jiyong asked.

Seunghyun, in particular, glared at Jiyong.

“I was confessing to her! I needed privacy!” Jiyong said, pouting like a kid.

Dara laughed and slipped her hand into Jiyong’s. Lovingly, she placed her head on Jiyong’s shoulder.

Bom, who was previously angry at them, melted at the sight. “Aw, so cute!” she squealed.

“Let’s go. I’m hungry!” Dara said.

“And you said I was mean.” Jiyong whispered to Dara as they followed the Alien couple as the new CC of the school.

“That was until we were freely able to show how much we love each other.” Dara grinned.

Jiyong stared at her for a while before also grinning.

Yep, he got his Dara.