Chapter 1

Can You Melt The Ice?

Eunji strode down the hallway, towards her class room. Her grey eyes were shielded behind her fashionable spectacles and her black hair were combed into a messy bun.

Students and teachers alike moved to make way for her as she passed. It has always been this way. She have no real friends. All her so-called friends were those that gossip about her behind her back and use her for their own benefits. After all, she is the one from a prestigious family. Not them. She is the one that have numerous connections. Not them. She is the one that have all the money. Not them.

She was tired of the way she was treated but she cannot complain because there was no one to complain to in the first place. She cannot shout or scream at whoever and whomever she like. She was treated as a outsider, a outcast, an exiled.

Eunji placed herself at the corner of the classroom. Choosing to remain invisible than to be seen. She looked out the closed window beside her. All she can see and vaguely hear are those carefree and joyful laughter. People going through their short lives happy and without a care in the world.

How she wish she could do the same... But that is impossible. No heiress that is to inherit a huge industry in the near future has a right to play like children.

Letting out a sigh, she flipped through her textbook and driftted her eyes towards the teacher.

*O.o*O.o*

The lessons were boring and as usual, Donhae did not give a damn. Who cares about studies anyway? It is just a big rock that sat in the way of life and blocks everything. That was what he thinks anyway. He gave up on studies as soon as he entered high school. High school is all about playing and having the best time of your life, right? He was dealing with his studies fine. No failures so far yet. Majority just passes and a few passing with flying colours. Everything was fine.

He had the friends, the looks and the girls. What eles does he need? Nothing... maybe a few extra bucks here and there but other than that its all good.

"Donghae oppa! Donghae oppa!"

The said boy run a hand through his brown locks and turned around. Lifting a finger, he brushed against one of the girl's neck and whispered charmingly.

"What do I own honour to have these beautiful ladies gracing me with your presence?"

The girls giggled shyly and batted their eyelashes flirtariously.

"Why don't you join us at the karaoke. We promised it will be fun."

"I don't see why not. Let's go, ladies."

Donghae flung his arms around the shoulders of both giggling girls and guided them out of the school grounds.

'Ahhhh... Life is good ~'