The Judo Team

Paran High

A yell resounded against the walls before a loud, but dull thud was heard. Another thud was heard, but this time, after a growl.

A large boy brushed his hands off with a huff, a pompous smirk gracing his lips. His chest jutted out elegantly and placed his hands on his waist, seemingly proud of his work as the two other unfortunate members were sprawled on the floor, writhing in pain of being thrown practically across the room. The boy turned around and bowed at his three audiences, who all held no expressions on their faces as they scribbled on a clipboard they each held. After they silently communicated to themselves that they’ve finished writing whatever it was they were writing. They bowed to the student before leaving the room.

Making sure his audiences were out of earshot, the bigger student was at the writhing members’ sides in an instant, apologizing frantically.

“Are you guys okay? I’m sorry. Is anything broken? Do you need ice? Should I get a bandage? Do you need to go to the hospital?”

“Aish,” The thinner boy in a blue judo uniform pushed the older male’s hand away, cradling his shoulder as the Panda Bear rolled around on the floor. “Why do we have to be your sparring partners...” He grumbled, pushing himself up.

“I need you guys. There’s no one else on the team. You guys can help me get a  scholarship. I’ll buy you guys food!” Immediately, the bear stopped rolling around.

“What kind of food?” The younger student asked, his anger or irritation or whatever that was, completely dissipated.

“Uh...I’ll buy you rice and...I’ll give you a nice stem of bamboo, Panda-ssi,” He suggested, patting the Bear's leg.

Rice? Just rice? I want a big bowl of Jajangmyeon and fried kimchi! I can’t just live on rice, Kangin hyung!”

Kangin’s expression quickly turned from surprised to a contorted expression of rising anger. “You shouldn’t be picky, Eunhyuk, since I’m the one buying lunch for you! Ungrateful!” He smacked the back of Eunhyuk’s head, the latter’s hand flying to the back of his head. He was just getting beaten on today.

“You’re the ungrateful one! We’re here getting thrown across the room and going home with sore bodies - I don’t know if Panda’s get sore -,” He turned around to the Bear, who was now sitting up with crossed legs, just watching their interaction and shrugged and Eunhyuk’s comment, “for your future and I get a bowl of white rice? It’s not our fault that you haven’t won a single match in months! Talk about ungrateful...” He muttered, turning his head. The panda raised his large paws to hide his face as Kangin stood up.

He was absolutely fuming. His dongsaeng raising his voice at him? Where is the respect? What has he been taught by his parents? Sure, they’ve been friends for a years, but that did not mean he shouldn’t get the respect he deserves.

Eunhyuk looked up at his reddening friend’s face and his own slowly formed into one of regret and fear as he cowered into himself. Sometimes he forgot the type of person Kangin is. At the slightest opposition towards him, it would be like a lighting a torch - it doesn’t take much to make him glow in anger. But Eunhyuk couldn’t help what came out of his mouth. He didn’t like being thrown across the floor and then getting yelled at for something small like this and when he himself gets upset, words start spewing and he can’t control them sometimes.

Before Eunhyuk could apologize or say anything that would calm him down, Kangin turned around and walked out of the room without a word. He winced when the door slammed shut and looked to the Panda behind him, who just slowly shook his head at the dirty faux-blonde.


Chapter Two!

I'm trying to get as many chapters out as I can and due to this writer's block I'm trying to get out of, the chapters will be relatively short.

But despite that, I'm actually excited for this story. I have a bunch of stuff/ideas written for this - at least eight chapters so far!

I just need to turn them into actual chapters first :P