oo1: The broken man named Sehun

Fixing a broken man

 

"LUHAN GUH GUH!" You yelled slamming the door in Luhan's new house. (Guh Guh means brother in Chinese).  Luhan was setting up the
table for dinner since you were coming over with his fiancé. Luhan flashed a wide smile and ran to you, "My Jie Jie!" Luhan screamed and
ran to you for a hug. You glomped over Luhan and squeezed him tightly,

"I can't believe my Guh Guh is actually getting married! BY A GIRL!" You squealed and pinched his cheeks. Luhan rolled his eyes and Luhan's fiancé 
walked up to you giving you a warm hug. "It's nice to meet Luhan's little sister! I’ve heard stories about you." She smiled.

"WAH! Luhan! You're wifey is so cute and nice, don't let a man steal her!" You giggled. Luhan walked to his wife and held her hand.
"Well, we prepared  big feast for your visit my little Jie Jie! We made all your favorite foods and a visitor too!"

You jumped excited and ran to the dinner table, "REALLY!? Who is it!?" You asked,

Then all of a sudden you saw a figure walk in, coming out of the bathroom, wiping his hair with a towel.
"What's with all the noise--"

"SEHUN OPPA!!!!!!!!" You yelled and jumped off your chair, running into him and tackled him with a large hug.

---------------------

"How've you been Sehun!? Ihaven'theardyouinforever!didyougrowtaller?Doyoustillsinganddance?Howooldareyounow?
Didyougraduate?Wheredoyoulive?DoyoustillhavetheheartshapedcardIgaveyouwhenwewerekids?Doyouhaveagirlfiend?---"

"Shut up." He spoke bluntly, then eating his rice. You zipped your mouth and ate the whole boiled egg.
"I see you two are close." Luhan's fiancé chuckled. "You kidding?! Sehun and were best pals! He is the best!"

Luhan and his fiancé eyeballed Sehun, but Sehun ignored every comment and continued eating.
"Sehun, at least answer one question." Luhan suggested.

"Yeah! Um..... Well, since you graduated, what do you work as?" You questioned,

"Building houses.... "Sehun spoke coldly.

"Ah! So you're a general Contractor!" You smiled,

"No.... I just...... move cement and stuff."

"Well who cares! Sehun is still cool!" You laughed and pinched his cheek.

Sehun's eye twitched and al of a sudden smacked your hand off harshly, making everyone become silent.
He seemed angry and lost, as if he was remembering something. Sehun scooted his chair back and 
spoke, "Don't touch me with those dirty hands of yours, EVER." Sehun yelled and stood up, leaving to his room.

"YAH! SEHUN!" Luhan shouted, but Sehun slammed the door.

You felt your chest tighten and just stared at the door. Luhan bit his lip and touched your hand.
"Don't worry about it! Sehun just had a rough time at work!" Luhan grinned.

"Y-Yeah! He was yelled by his boss and had to reduce his paycheck!" Luhan's fiancé smiled.
You looked at the door frowning, "I hope he's not mad at me or annoyed..... I was just happy to see him."

"Hey! No worries! Sehun's just like that to everyone."

"He wasn't like this before when we were kids." You sighed,

Luhan and his wife glanced at each other, His wife held your hand, rubbing it, trying to make you feel better.

"Sehun's..... Just changed a lot the past seven years..."

---------------------------

The next morning, you decided to wake up early to make everyone breakfast and Sehun a nice lunch.
Luhan and his wife was asleep, so you tried your best to not make loud noise as much as possible.

Sehun opened his door and came out with his construction uniform. You turned around, blushing because he was so handsome.
You debated if you should talk or just stay silent, but your mouth did all the work.

"Sehun! Morning!" You smiled. Sehun didn't look at you, but put on his working gloves.
You bit your lip ad walked up to him with a lunch. "Sehun! If you don't have enough time to eat breakfast, take the lunch I made for you!"

Sehun looked at the lunch and then at you. You smiled with your big pearly eyes, Sehun ignored you and walked away,
not even accepting your lunch. "S-Sehun---" *SLAM*
Yup, he left like that without the lunch or even a goodbye.

"D-Don't cry... Chan Juan..... You're tough....." You whispered.
Luhan and his wife was secrety peaking from upstairs, feeling sorry for you.
You wiped your tears and stared at the lunch box. "What happened to Sehun...... What happened to my first love?"
You quickly opened the door with your red apron still on and kicked your shoes in,

"LUHAN! I'M GOING OUT FOR A WHILE!" You yelled, trying to catch up with Sehun.

--------------------

You quietly followed Sehun from behind, trying to catch up with him.
Sehun looked at his watch and gasped, "! I'M LATE!" He muttered to himself and ran faster.
You panicked and quickly ran from behind. You saw a construction site being held in a high school.

You saw Sehun run inside and bowed, "Sorry I'm late!" Sehun apologized and bowed.
"No problem Sehun, carry three bags of cement over there would you?" The boss spoke
holding his clipboard. Sehun smiled and nodded "Neh."

You were behind the fence, getting weird glances from students with your bright apron. However, you only concentrated on Sehun.
He seemed to work very hard, even though he didn't even eat. You saw all the bruises and the sweat from the job and nervously
bit your bottom lip.

"Having fun there?"

"OH GEEZ!" You panicked, quickly finding Luhan.
"L-Luhan!"

"Hey, nice view huh?" Luhan rose a brow at you, seeing Sehun with a wife beater and his muscles
flexed and toned, "I-I don't know what you're talking about...." You stuttered.

You both looked at Sehun as he was sweating and working in the agonizing sun.
"Sehun.... changed a lot...... Since the last time I came." You whispered. Luhan turned to you,

"What made him hate me so much?" You asked and looked down, Luhan patted your back,

"Jie Jie.....He just.... Went through a lot during the time you left. You turned to him with a trouble look,
"What happened?" 

"He wasn't always like this, he used to actually have a heart, but then Tiffany left him on the day of their wedding and just stole everything he had. He ended up losing everything, all because of her. That's why he doesn't date." Luhan sid as they were looking at Sehun who was working on the construction sight.

You slowly frowned, just wanting to give Sehun the biggest hug. You knew he wasn't always like this, when you were kids, Sehun was one of the
kindest Oppas you had. Now he lost everything he had for one girl.... You clenched your fist and felt angerbuild inside you.

"Who could leave Sehun? He is the perfect guy..... Hig big arms that would warm you and keep you safe,
his  funny personality and his cute lisp..... his beautiful eyes.... And---"

"Seems you still love Sehun till today." Luhan smirked,
You blushed and rubbed the back of your head.

"Don't worry my Jui Jui..... I'm sure you can fix him." Luhan smiled,
You turned and tilted your head, "Fix him?" You asked,

"Make him fall for you and change his ways!" Luhan smiled,
You blushed and a smile grew on your face.

"Y-You're right! I'll change him!"

----------------

Sehun finished working and panted from carrying everything one by one.
He didn't pack a lunch or anything and was starving from working too much. Maybe a can
Of beer and a sandwhich at the drugstore, he thought since he was on lunch break.

"Hey Sehun." Sehun's boss walked to him. "Yeah boss?" Sehun asked,
He handed him a pink lunch box, "A girl with a pink apron wanted me to give this to you."
Sehun's eyes largened, "U-Uh, thanks..."

"No problem, she was very cute. Is she your wife or something?" HIs boss asked.
Sehun opened the box and was surprised to see.

 

"OH MY GOD! PFT!!!! Take a look boys! Sehun here isn't as tough as he looks!" A worker teased, the rest of the workers
snickered and bursted in laughter. Sehun's eye twitched and anger boiled in anger. 

"That girl......" He grumbled and clenched his fist. His boss smiled and asked, "It looks delicious, do you mind if I could have a piece?"
He asked kindly. "H-Huh? O-Oh! Sure!" Sehun fidgeted and handed him the lunch box. "My, what a caring girlfriend you have!"
Sehun's boss smiled and grabbed a piece of te chicken you made, Sehun rolled his ees and spoke,

"Well.... She's not my girlfriend....... Hey are you okay?" Sehun asked. His boss' eyes buldged out and he was coughing loudly.
Sehun began panicking and dropped the lunchbox. "OH MY GOD! SOMBODY CALL THE AMBULANCE!!!!!!"
Sehun yelled.

 

--------------------------------------

You were at home on the couch, quietly waiting as Luhan and his wife were talking about the wedding
at the dining room. You couldn't wait for Sehun to come home, you hoped that he appreciated the lunch you spent hours
making for him and finally be able to get along.

You heard the door open and quickly turned your head. You found Sehun walk in with your lunchbox and quickly ran to him.
"Sehun! Did you eat the lunch!?" You asked and walked up to him. Sehun looked at you angrily and you could tell he was really pissed.
You looked with your puppy eyes and asked, "D-did I do something?" You asked,

Sehun glared at you, opened the lunch box and dumped the food you made on top of you. Luhan and his wife gasped and stood from the chair,
walking in from the scene. Your expression remained the same but you were completely shocked and baffled. 
Sehun threw the box on the floor and yelled,

"You idiot! Because of your stupid lunch, my boss went to the hospital from food poisoning and I got fired! Are you happy!?"
Sehun shouted at you bluntly. You looked up with the food all over you, and dripping from the floor. 

"I had this job for years and it was the only job that paid well from my background! Now I have nothing! I can't move out
of this dump anymore! Move on, and get her back! AND IT'S ALL YOUR FAULT!" Sehun barked and walked out the door.

You stood there, feeling like the biggest loser and idiot in the world. You never meant to cause anymore trouble for Sehun,
you wanted to help him out and forget about that Tiffany girl, but Sehun seemed to keep a special place in his heart for Tiffany,
and not you.

--------------------------------------

Sehun was walking around the street to find a job that was hiring for people capable for him. So far after hours of searching,
people weren't really interested for any new jobs opened. It was already 11 pm. and Sehun gave up searching since it began raining
and was it was very late.

His cellphone suddenly rang and saw Luhan's ID.
"Yeobosayo? Luhan? I was on my way home."

"OH NO YOU DON'T!" Luhan shouted through the phone with a panting voice.

"Why? And why are you breathing so hard?" Sehun asked,

"You idiot! My sister has been gone ever since you left! I've been trying to find her and call her! But she won't answer her freaking phone!"
Luhan yelled.

"She's been gone that long?!"

"YES! And if she won't be her by the next hour, you're packing up and leaving our house! SO YOU BETTER FIND HER!"
Luhan yelled, then hanging up on the phone.

Sehun grumbled and rolled his eyes. "This ..... She's only been here for one day and I lost my job, lost my best friend, and I might
be kicked out!? She's a curse!" Sehun said and began searching for you.

---------------------------

It was already midnight and Sehun hadn't found you, you didn't answer calls nor texts. Sehun thought that you were or killed, just wanting to give up.
But he had no other place to live, so he had no choice but to find you. He walked towards the construction sight, knowing it was the only
place you knew.

Sehun heard laughter coming from the construction sight, it sounded like the same workers who .
Sehun walked toward the gate and his eyes widened, not believing what he saw.

It was you, carrying bags of cement with your tiny body, barely surviving. You didn't wear the right clothes for it either,
it was the same outfit you had this morning. You looked very dirty, having dirt and sweat all over you. The workers
were just sitting down and drinking, laughing at you work hard. 

Sehun didn't understand why you were doing this. You then felt your legs wobble, falling down on the spot.
You looked so pale and exhausted, Sehun knew you're very weak and a tired person.

"Hey you little twerp! Get back up! Unless you want your little boyfriend to not get the job back!"
The worker teased.

You panted and tried your best to get up. Sehun hated seeing this, especially a weak and frail person like you
to work so hard for him. Sehun clenched his fist and walked into the sight.

"YAH! YOU DOUCHES!" Sehun yelled. You stopped working and panicked,
"S-Sehun!" You jumped and the workers glaring at him,

"What did you call us!?" The worker asked, "Your little lady here was working our shift to let us give your job back!
Don't ruin it for her you !" The worker shouted, drunk. Sehun bit his lip and walked towards him,
throwing his fist straight to his jaw

He fell backwards and was already knocked out just by one blow, and the rest of the guys were in shock. They knew Sehun was the most well-known ex- gang member in Seoul. They backed away and panicked, running away. "AUGH! THAT FREAK!!!!" They yelled, running away.

Sehun turned to you, "PABO!" Sehun shouted. He saw you shake in fear and you began crying, "S-Sehun..... I-I just wanted to be better to you....."
You said choking in tears. " All I did was just give you burdens in just one day..... And so many things happened.... I just wanted to do this to make
up for it. "You teared up.

Sehun walked up to you, sighing. "You are a burden and I don't particularly consider you as a friend..... But that doesn't mean I hate you
bad enough to go through this." Sehun admitted. You looked up with tears pouring down.

"Eww.... Stop crying, you look ugly..." Sehun rolled his eyes, wiping you tears away with his sleeve.

 

-----------------------------------------

(4weeks later)

After a couple of weeks, Sehun found a better job working as a home seller. He began making better payment than before 
and he seemed less tired. Things began looking up for hi, Luhan was freaking out more than his wife, but he was looking
forward with a life with her. You were helping around, making meals, cleaning, and doing chores. While the soon to be
newly weds were busy and so was Sehun.

You were in the kitchen, deciding to make pasta for dinner. You didn't know Sehun was going to be back
early from work, and he entered the house as your were cooking.

Sehun kicked off his shoes and walked into the living room, seeing you making dinner in the kitchen.
You didn't hear Sehun walk in though, so you continued cooking. You looked for a bowl and opened
the cabinet, finding the bowls at the top of the cabinet.

"Why the heck am I so short..." you mumbled trying to reach for the bowl.
All of a sudden, you felt a taller figure walk from behind you and reached his hand for the bowl,
"This one?" You heard Sehun's voice from behind, making your spine shiver.

You turned around slowly and panicked, "S-Sehun----"
You forgot that the boiling water in the pot was still boiling, and accidentally knocking it over.
It hit your arm and you felt it sting and the water burned your arm badly.

"O-Ouch---"
All of a sudden Sehun panicked, quickly pushing you to the sink and turning the faucet water to a very cold temperature.
He placed your arm and began rubbing, he panicked seeing it red, but it wasn't all that bad.

"S-Sehun.... I'm okay.... Really" You spoke. Sehun turned to you and you turned to him, both seeing how close your faces were to each other.
Your face turned tomato red, while Sehun looked at you confused, but in the inside he was actually very nervous and shy.

"Why? you sick to?" Sehun questioned, pretending to not know why you were blushing. You shook your head and pushed him away slightly.
"Ummm...... I kind of messed up dinner though..." You said, looking at the mess you made. 

Sehun sighed, "Pabo..... You stung your arm with hot water and worry about dinner? Do you only care about food?" Sehun laughed.
Your heart began racing, Seeing him smile after such a long time. He was still the most appealing boy after so many years in your eyes.
You laughed and rubbed the back of your head, "I'll clean up the mess then." You smiled walking up to the floor.

Sehun stopped you, holding your wrist. "Nope, you sit and rest that arm. I'll clean it." Sehun spoke. 
You were so happy that he actually was kind of slowly warming up to you.

"Okay..." You spoke and walked to a chair, sitting down. Sehun smirked,  walking to the closet to find the mop.
He grabbed some cleaning brands and walked back to the kitchen, only to find you asleep.

'Wow..... She sleeps so fast...." Sehun chuckled. 
Watching you sleep, as he mopped. Sehun stared at your face for a long time, remembering how you looked when you were little
and seeing you haven't changed that much. You still kept your hair short and had the same adorable baby face.

He tilted his head, staring at your small pink lips. He stopped mopping and walked up to you.
He kneeled down, staring at you. You then drooled all of a sudden, making him hold back his laughter.

"This pabo..."He snickered, wiping away the drool.

You then mumbled, "Sehun....."

Sehun's eyes widened hearing you call his voice. 
"I love you....." You mumbled the words in your sleep and turned your head the other way.

Sehun paused with wide eyes and felt a pain and guilty feeling deep down.
He clenched his fist and whispered, "What am I doing..... I don't love her... I love Tiffany still..... Get those thoughts off your
head.... She's just a childhood friend." Sehun said to himself.

-----------------------

(2 weeks later)


The rest of the days, Sehun remained awkward with you all of a sudden and avoided talking to you at all times.
Every time you entered his room or asked to hang out, he was always busy with work and constantly said of how busy he was.
Sometimes you wondered if he was avoiding you, but you shrugged it off knowing Sehun wasn't like that kind of person.

"I'm home~" You announced coming back from the store.
All of a sudden you heard crying and talking from the living room, you slowly tip toed and found Sehun
with a girl in the room. 

"Tiffany..." He spoke.

"I missed you a lot Sehun.... Leaving you for him was he biggest mistake I ever did..... Please..... I love you so much..."
The girl cried, holding his hand, then kissing him.

Sehun froze and so did you. You looked at Sehun as he slowly gave into the kiss and kissed her back passionately.
Your heart tore completely from the sight and forgot that Sehun never did look at you that way, but that he always loved Tiffany.

You clenched your fist, never feeling so humiliated in your life and pathetic. In the end, the only person who was
in love was you, you were just a friend to him....... nothing ,more or less. Sehun never thought of you that way and he never will.
You always knew it for a fact, it was just how it was. No matter how much you loved him, he wasn't ever meant to love you back.

You quickly opened the door, and ran out of the house crying.

 

----------------------------

It was the day before the huge wedding, Luhan and his wife were at the mall, choosing outfits for Sehun and you
for the best man and the flower girl. Sehun and you were next door to each other in the fitting rooms while Luhan was setting
the outfit for Sehun and the wife was setting the outfit for you. The rest of Luhan's friends, Baekhyun, Chanyeol, and Kai tagged along too.

You had a very awkward relationship after the whole Tiffany thing, you avoided talking to Sehun, but Sehun didn't really notice it in you.
It looked like he was having a private relationship with Tiffany because you knew Luhan hated her guts and would nag the crap out of him.

You came out of the fitting room with the dress Luhan's fiancé chose for you to wear.
The boys all looked at you with large eyes, even Sehun couldn't help but stare at you.

You looked like an innocent flower girl and walked in front of the mirror.
"S-Stop staring at me...." You spoke.

Baekhyum walked up to you and awed, "Wah! Luhan Hyung! Can I ask your sister's hand in marriage?"
Baekhyun smiled. You blushed crimson red, making Luhan angry. "YAH! Let go of my innocent flower!"
Luhan pulled you away.

"'C'mon, don't be selfish! She's bound to be married one day~" Kai winked at you. You looked down
embarrassed. Sehun scoffed and rolled his eyes, seeing you were the center of attention of men, somehow it irritated him a little.

"Okay! We all agree that Chan Juan is the cutest thing ever! But only one boy can have her." Luhan's wife laughed.
Chanyeol went in front of you with a tilted head, "Hey Chan Juan, if you were to get married with one of us, who'd you choose?"
He asked.

"Wh-What?" You panicked, glancing at Sehun.

"C'mon choose!" Baekhyun whined. The boys lined up in a line and waited for you to chose either one of them.
"I-I can't do that! I already like someone!" You blurted without thinking.

"MWOH!? YOU LIKE SOMEONE!?" The boys yelled. You realized what you said and slapped your forehead.
"Who is the boy!?" Kai asked. Everyone was looking at you waiting for you to say who it was.
Even Sehun who was sitting down, had his ears perked up.

"U-Uh......It's not important..... He likes someone else..." You spoke, trying to avoid the answer.

They were all silent, "Aww...... It's okay Chan Juan, you can always come to me." Chanyeol flirted, putting his arm over you.
"No me!" Baekhyun pushed him off. "No me!" Kai held your hand.

All of a sudden, Kai's hand was pulled away by someone.  You saw Sehun push his hand away.
"Don't be childish." Sehun spoke. You were astonished from the suddenness.
"Why are you bing so clingy Sehun! Don't keep her to yourself! She's not even your type!" Baekhyun pouted.

Sehun looked at you and rolled his eyes, "Listen, she may not be my type, but she deserves more than you idiots." Sehun told off.
"You're so mean Sehunnie!~" Chanyeol cried and hugged him,

You wondered why he acted like that all of a sudden, he seemed so angry and protective, usually he wasn't like this.
He would ignore you all the time and could care less what you did, but you saw how different he
acted when boys came to you.

Everyone left the store to eat lunch after buying the clothes. You and Sehun were the very last to walk out,
you both lost everyone and it was just you two. You took the chance to talk to him,

"S-Sehun." You spoke,

Sehun stopped walking and avoided turning around to you. You bit your lip and held Sehun's sleeve,
"Sehun, would you please look at me?" You asked. Sehun slowly pulled you away, making you lose your grip.


"What do you want?" Sehun asked,

"I don't like her." You spoke out.
You didn't care if he was going to hate you for this, you just had to let out your feelings.
"What are you talking about?" Sehun turned around,

"I know you're secretly dating TIffany Sehun! It's obvious!" You frowned, Sehun looked away,
"It's none of your business." Sehun rolled his eyes and averted away from your stare. " But it is Sehun! You're my friend!
And as a friend, if you cling onto her longer, she'll just do the same thing to you again!"

Sehun became boiling angry, "Yah! Shut up!" Sehun yelled,
"You know it's true Sehun! You know she's bound to do this again! And yet you let her!? Why huh!?"

"It's because she's the only one who hadn't left me!" He yelled with tears,
"She was the one who didn't leave me when my parents died, she didn't leave me and left me with no calls or texts, messages, 
or anything! She at least tries to communicate with me and makes me feel special!"

"Sehun... That's not fair..... I went through the divorce with my family!---"

" Then why didn't you talk to me again when you left to the states!? Why'd you just leave me alone when I needed you the most?!" 
He asked yelling in front of people.

"Sehun, my mom and I barely made any money after leaving! I had to work and focus on getting food on the table at the time! I had no choice!"

"So.... I also never had a choice...." Sehun spoke with a tear sliding down.


You bit the bottom of your lip and knew you spoke the wrong words at the wrong time...
"Sehun...... I loved you..... And still do..... I-I....... Wanted to tell you so bad..... But at the time...."


Sehun didn't have a surprised look and looked at you with a weak half smile,
"At the time when we were young, I think our feelings were mutual Chan Juan......
But right now I should tell you...... I think it's only you who feels that way.....

I'm sorry..... But I love Tiffany...." With that, he walked away, leaving you alone.

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The End......or is it? TEEHEE :)