Please, trust me

Speak Up [hiatus, but will finally continue soon]

A few days later~
 

Oh, Luhan just lóves summer. Really. And he loves swimming. Then of course, what is the best class to have now? PE! It’s not that it’s for long but still; two or three classes of swimming, outside, in the sun, seems great to him. He walks inside the building, with Baekhyun and Chanyeol walking slightly in front of him. He doesn’t know the way here so they’ll just have to show him.

“As you can see there, just around the corner are the changing-cubicles and you’ll see when we get there, on the other side are the lockers,” Baekhyun explains like he’s some kind of tour guide, which makes Luhan laugh softly.

“Right, I get it,” he reacts seriously.

As they get there… “Well, we’ll just see each other on the other side, right?” Baekhyun adds.

“Yeah, sure,” Luhan answers with a smile before getting into an empty cubicle. Chanyeol and Baekhyun also look for a cubicle that’s still empty but just when Chanyeol wants to enter one he hears Baekhyun sigh of irritation.

“Jeez, all the others are occupied already,” he says more just stating a fact than talking to Chanyeol. Chanyeol takes a good look to see if he didn’t just miss one.

“Are you sure? All of these?”

“Yes, of course I’m sure, I’m not stupid,” he says exaggerating and a tiny bit offended.

“Well, then for now just join mé,” Chanyeol says while gestures to Baekhyun to come with him.

“Um… Oh, right.”

“There’s nothing wrong with that, right?” Chanyeol asks, thinking he heared a bit of doubt in Baekhyun’s voice.

“U-Oh no, it’s fine. Tss, we’ve known each other for so long now, like I would be embarrassed or something.” I didn’t really lie. I wouldn’t be that embarrassed but still very… Chanyeol softly laughs agreeing, which cuts off Baekhyun’s thoughts.

“Yeah, indeed. I may be a little narrow, but it won’t be for long,” he says before walking into the cubicle. Baekhyun now just silently follows and closes the door after him.

When they start undressing their selves, Baekhyun just can’t help feeling a little uncomfortable, no matter how hard he tries to fight it. Even though Chanyeol seemed completely fine with it, both him and Baekhyun naturally turn away from each other. Yep, he was right, this ís a very small room. When Chanyeol puts on his swimming pants he suddenly loses his balance for a moment and almost falls, but Baekhyun’s natural reaction is to keep him standing, with difficulty of course, by holding his hands on his back. Chanyeol chuckles, but not really out of shame it seems.

“Sorry, you know my balance is quite awful, and with this little space…” he says ending with a few more chuckles. Baekhyun’s thoughts… are a bit different though.

His back… His feels so… Oh my god. Oh my g- Stop it Baekhyun! Damn it!

“Um… I’m okay now Baek,” Chanyeol informs as Baekhyun is still holding his hands on his back. Quickly he takes his hands off and after freezing for about a second he takes his bag and Chanyeol packs up his stuff too.

“Well, we’re ready, right?” Baekhyun asks with a smile, trying to cover his feeling of awkwardness.

“Yep, let’s go,” Chanyeol confirms – zero awkwardness – while opening the door and walking up to the lockers. Oh Baekhyun, what do I do with you? Baekhyun almost desperately thinks to himself.

A little while before Baekhyun and Chanyeol came out of their cubicle Luhan had already picked a locker and stuffs his bag in it. When he turns around he softly gasps of shock, for two reasons. First of all, Kai is standing opposite of him with just a meter between them; and second, he can’t help staring at his… awesome body for two seconds.

“Hey pretty face,” Kai starts calmly, with a satisfied smirk on his face. Just when Luhan wants to comment on the pretty face part… “Do you like what you see?” . So he did notice the staring. Luhan keeps quiet. “Well, to be honest… I kind of like what I see too,” Kai says while checking his body out from head to toe. Luhan takes a tiny step back, just a bit shocked by the look on Kai’s face. “Relax baby, I’m not a dirty guy.”

“You said that too about being a bad guy before.” Kai is surprised. He lightly raises one of his eyebrows and his smirk disappears, almost. “And don’t call me like that. You shouldn’t call me baby ór pretty face,” Luhan says suddenly getting a little bit angry now. Kai sighs silently and takes a step closer to Luhan. They’re now almost standing against each other now, but Luhan can’t go back more since he’s cornered against the lockers.

“Baby, I… I’m getting the idea that… you don’t like me so much anymore,” he says with his hands in his pockets but with a look that’s getting more piercing every second. “Why would you think I’m a bad guy?” he still says quite softly. Luhan thinks for a moment.

“You know why,” Luhan says seriously. Kai chuckles at Luhan’s tone in his voice, ‘trying to be tough’ as Kai sees it.

“Did you um… talk to anyone, about me?”

“Maybe.”

“Ah, I see, I see… Well, I don’t know who you talked to but… You’re completely new here. And now you put all your trust in this person who says I’m a bad guy? And you immediately believe him, or her? You may not really like the nicknames I gave you, but when did I really do anything bad?” That makes Luhan think. Actually Kai is right. Luhan ís new here. And even íf Baekhyun and Chanyeol are right about Kai… it’s still unfair for Luhan to judge him like that while he didn’t see anything happen himself yet. He didn’t see anything happen between him and Sehun yet either. Luhan cools off a little. Kai sees it.

“There you go. You know you like me, and it’s your right to do so. And by the way… For if you didn’t notice yet, I kind of like you too,” Kai says flattering, his smile slowly turning into a smirk, and lays his right hand on Luhan’s hip. Immediately Luhan’s tension rises again. When he feels his hand wandering to his he grabs his wrist as fast as he can.

“Yah Kai, just leave him alone will you?” they suddenly hear being said in a very low and nót so happy voice. It’s Chanyeol, with Baekhyun right behind him, standing next to them. First Kai looks at Chanyeol and then back to Luhan.

“Ah, now I get it,” he says still with a little smirk but seriously most of all. “So these are your… sources?”

Luhan stays quiet. He doesn’t have to say anything to confirm. It’s obvious Kai is certain. Only then Kai looses himself from Luhan’s grip. He starts to turn around but first glances at Baekhyun as well while biting his lip to – as surprised as Baekhyun is he gives him a shocked look – before slowly walking away. Finally Luhan relaxes himself and turns to the two guys next to him.

“Thanks man.”

“You’re welcome,” Chanyeol says with a funny smile, his mood immediately changed.

“Well, I have to say… you wére a little scary just yet,” says joking but he still really means it.

“Yeah I know, awesome right!” Chanyeol says happily satisfied. “I’ve just been bórn to bully the bullies!”

“But Luhan, are you alright?” Baekhyun suddenly pops in seriously after laughing as well. “He didn’t really do anything yet, did he?”

“Um… No, he didn’t. It’s okay.”

“Well, alright then. But do watch out for him, okay? It looks like he’s really starting to like you, let’s say it that way,” Baekhyun states a little bit anxious. Then Luhan thinks about what Kai said again. And you immediately believe him, or her? When did I really do anything bad? Then he looks at Baekhyun again. Do watch out for him, okay? He shakes both thoughts off quickly. He’ll just see how it goes and will create an opinion of what he experiences himself.

“Yeah, I will,” he says, not lying but still most of all to avoid more questions and maybe even controversy.

“Well, I guess class is going to start soon enough so let’s go do what we came here for,” Chanyeol suddenly throws in with a big smile.

“Yeah, let’s go,” Luhan and Baekhyun almost simultaneously answer while softly laughing.

 

Somewhere at the end of class they’re holding sort of a contest to see who can swim the furthest under water without coming up to breath. Baekhyun already passed it over. He knows he’s not good at it so he just stands on the edge of the pool checking on Luhan and Chanyeol’s position in the game. The two are doing pretty good and one time they even competitively look at each other under water. They almost simultaneously come up and take a deep breath. They didn’t win though, some other guy did, but that doesn’t even seem to matter to them anymore.

“You definitely went up before I did,” Chanyeol starts as soon as they’ve found sort of a normal breathing rhythm again.

“Oh no, I held on longer than you. Your head obviously stuck out of the water first.”

“Well, even if that would be true, I’m taller than you so you can’t compare it just like that.”

“So you admit it!”

“No, I said íf!”

“But why would you think about it if it wasn’t true to begin with?” Luhan throws in sneakily. Chanyeol hesitates.

“Well… I was just better than you.”

“What? This doesn’t even have anything to do with being better or not! You went up áfter me or befóre me, that’s it!”

“Yeah, you wish! I’m just better and that closes it!” Chanyeol says stubbornly with a little smirk.

“Oh, come on!”

“Guys!” Baekhyun suddenly calls before pointing to the side where they then see the rest of the class in the corner of the pool listening to the teacher probably having his closing-up talk. They both smile at Baekhyun a little awkwardly, but just when they’re about to join all the others, Luhan sees someone sitting on a bench, a little distance from the pool, looking away. It’s Sehun. Why didn’t I notice him before?

“Hey Chanyeol,” Luhan starts while holding Chanyeol’s arm for a moment to keep him from swimming away. “Since when has Sehun been sitting there?”

“Oh, I don’t know. I saw him at the beginning of class for a moment and then I didn’t really pay attention anymore. Maybe he has been away for a while too.”

“Probably, because I didn’t notice him before at all.”

“Yeah well, on our school they always let you attend PE just to be there even though you’re injured or whatever, just so people won’t skip class too easily.”

“Ah, I get it. But… Have you got any idea why he wouldn’t be swimming then?”

“Well… Another thing you might want to know about Sehun is that he never swims.” Luhan looks at him surprised.

“Really never?” Chanyeol nods. “But why then?”

“Hmm… Let’s say it’s just as mysterious as the rest of Sehun; nobody knows. We only know that it’s not because he can’t swim, the teacher once told, but it doesn’t matter, he just doesn’t swim.” Chanyeol chuckles for a moment before continuing. “A few times Kai even asked and once begged the teacher to let Sehun swim like all the others, saying it’s unfair or something that he can just always skip class while he cán swim. Of course he just wants to see his body and then some more with it probably.”

“Ah yeah, sounds like Kai,” Luhan says a bit absent, making Chanyeol softly laugh though, but he’s been captured by the sight of Sehun and can’t take his eyes off of him for a little while. His perfect jawline, his actually a bit tóo skinny body, his chin supporting on his hands so that his fingers touch his lower lip just a bit…

“Luhan,” Chanyeol says trying to snap him out of his trance. “They’re already heading inside.” Luhan looks around to indeed see everyone got out of the pool and half of them even seems to be inside already. They get out of the pool and see Baekhyun about five meters away with his arms folded, waiting for them.

“Come on you guys! Jeez!” he calls a little annoyed but he thinks it’s quite funny as well. They follow Baekhyun, but Luhan is surprised when he walks past Sehun, trying not to let him notice he’s looking, and sees him just calmly staying there. As they walk on he turns to the two other guys again.

“Hey, why doesn’t he come inside?”

“What? Oh him,” Baekhyun reacts when he sees what Luhan’s talking about. “Oh, he always waits until everyone is gone, not sure why but maybe because he’s afraid people will approach him, without a teacher there,” he says while they’re getting inside the building. Just when Baekhyun has finished his sentence, Luhan spots Kai in the corner of his eyes, walking outside again. Kai? What is he doing? It seems like Baekhyun and Chanyeol didn’t see him. All three get their stuff out of the lockers, but when Baekhyun and Chanyeol just enter a changing-cubicle Luhan stops and walks back to the door and looks around the corner. What he see then… surprised him somehow. Kai is standing opposite of Sehun, who still hasn’t moved yet and doesn’t look back at Kai either. Apparently there is no teacher anymore either.

“Sehun~ah… You know, it disappoints me every time, to see you just sitting here, not joining us.” Then he squats and leans with his arms on Sehun’s legs, obviously making him very uncomfortable, while still looking up at him. “I would just love to swim with you. And I would lóve to see some more of that body.” Sehun still doesn’t move and seems to be unable to meet Kai’s gaze. “Don’t you deny it, you’ve been looking at me the whole time, didn’t you?” he says with a growing smirk. Luhan sees he knows it’s not true, it’s just a way to .

“But then Sehun~ah… Why can’t you look at me nów then? Huh?” To Luhan’s surprise, suddenly Kai’s smile slowly vanishes and he gets a darker look in his eyes. Then he gets up, still a bit crouched and violently grabs Sehun’s hair to make him face him, which makes Sehun yelp softly. Finally Sehun looks directly in his eyes and even though he hides it pretty well he can see he’s scared and just wants to get out of there as fast as he can, if he could. Luhan wants to help him so badly now, but… what is he going to do if he gets there?

“See? You can do it,” Kai says with a more raw voice now. “Now, as I see you made such progress, why don’t you come with me and have a short swim?” he says before pulling him up and dragging him with him to the edge of the pool. Only now Sehun starts to resist and grab Kai’s wrist trying to loose himself from his grip, but he’s way too strong. Luhan thought he was just threatening but then Kai simply throws him in the water. Luhan gasps of shock. “Now, doesn’t that feel… refreshing?” is the only thing Kai says before walking away. Luhan is so shocked that he forgets to walk away before Kai spots him. This is not good…

Kai doesn’t even take the time to start off with a smile this time – he has obviously gave himself away now – and stands right in front of him. “You better not tell anyone or you’ll end up there with Sehun, got that?” he doesn’t say that loud but more threatening than anyone has ever talked to Luhan. He stays quiet, he just looks at him. Even when Kai walks away he keeps looking at Luhan for a few seconds, before disappearing in one of the changing-cubicles. Luhan hesitates for a moment. Come one Luhan, just do it! Then he goes outside and quickly walks up to the pool, to Sehun. He is still in the pool, holding onto the edge while panting, obviously in pain. The closer Luhan gets to him he consequently slows down his pace. After thinking the whole time what he should do or say, he in the end just sticks out his hand.

“Need some help?” he asks with a tender voice and a smile just as gentle. Unfortunately, Sehun doesn’t take it. He seems a little surprised at first but then he slowly swims off, probably heading to the stairs. Now that Luhan doesn’t feel offended anymore when Sehun reacts to him like this he is determent to make this work, so he walks with him along the pool. “Sehun, I’m offering you a hand. Please take it.” But again, he keeps swimming. When he’s almost at the stairs Luhan walks around the corner of the pool and squats right in front of him, blocking the stairs. “Please, trust me. I’m not like those other guys. I’m not like Kai.” Luhan sees Sehun listens more closely when he hears that name. “I would never do something like this. I’m not here to hurt you, I’m here to help you.” Then finally, for the first time… Sehun looks in his eyes.

Luhan freezes for a moment. Then he sticks out his hand again, just to try once more, and the tingling sensation he feels when Sehun takes it makes a little shock go through his body. How many people in school would there have been who held Sehun’s hand? None probably. I hope… He pulls him up. He actually has to try hard to hide the feeling of… happiness he feels right now. He keeps holding his hand for a moment as Sehun still seems a little unstable. When he seems alright Luhan immediately lets go, thinking it’s almost getting a bit too awkward. Sehun looks at him for a while, like he’s trying very hard to figure him out. Luhan only sees his beautiful features, and he’s so close. His hair all wet, his brown T-shirt now outlining his body even more, his beautiful dark eyes that are focused on him, the few drops of water that hang on his lips… When Sehun breaks the connection by looking down it cuts off Luhan’s chain of thoughts as well. None of them really knows what to do or say and like that they even just keep standing there for a while. “Well, you um… You know the way. I-I’m sure everyone else is gone already by now. And you don’t have to be afraid of mé of course,” Luhan says chuckling very softly at the end. “So… Yeah,” is the only thing he can say after that, before going inside again, not looking around anymore.

A little while later, when Luhan is just about to enter a changing-cubicle, he surprisingly feels a cold, wet hand on his shoulder. He knows there is no one else here but him and Sehun, but still he can’t really believe it’s him. Luhan slowly turns around. Immediately Sehun looks down again. First Luhan thinks of what he might want to say, but soon enough he stops thinking as he sees him shaking and remembers that he of course doesn’t have a towel with him. He opens his bag and quickly takes out a big towel. “Here,” he says while offering it to him. “By now I already kind of dried up, and I’ve still got a little towel as a reserve, so… Just take it. And I’m not saying please this time,” he says with a almost invisible gentle smile before he gets into the cubicle to change and locks the door. Sehun keeps standing there and takes a look at the towel for a moment, until… a little smile is formed on his face.

 

 

 

Hi peeps! Thanks for all the subbers and (even though not that many yet~) sweet comments, I really appreciate it!!^^
Hope you liked this chapter; are you satisfied with the kaihun interaction? Were you a little surprised maybe?
Hunhan will slowly enter more in this story, if you want to know if it's gonna work out and how it''s gonna go, please feel free to subscribe!;D