Today's the day

Speak Up [hiatus, but will finally continue soon]

 

“Hey, are you just as excited as I am?”

Luhan sighs softly.

“Yes dad,” he says not as excited as his father had expected.

“Hey, come one. Seriously, what is nót fun about this?”

Luhan gives him a slightly annoyed stare but doesn’t say anything and continues packing again.

“I mean, the town is great – you’ve seen it yourself – it’s just on the edge of the city, I’m going to make more money and you know you benefit of that too, and… and we’ll just be together with the four of us so that’s always good.”

At that moment Luhan’s big sister walks into the room, with two – to him – giant bags.

“Do we really have to take him too?” she asks joking – he’s not too sure though if she only ácted serious or also meant it.

“Ha ha, Taeyeon. You’re always so funny, little one,” Luhan says while he walks up to her and messes up her hair a bit.

“Yah!” Yeah, that’s what you get girl. “Yah, I may be short but…”

“And childish. Most of all dorky,” he sneakily adds. She gives him an angry look.

“But I’m still your big sister.”

“Are you sure? I mean… Look at those ponytails on the sides of your hea-”

“Oh, Luhaaan!”

He just laughs, she pouts while still looking angry.

“Just kidding Taeng,” he says tenderly and tries to fix her hair again with one hand.

“Tss… Yeah right,” she says unconvinced, although she does seem to have calmed down just by the sound of his tender voice. Then she walks away and goes upstairs again. Luhan just gets back to what his father said about a minute ago, like nothing happened.

“Dad, you have to understand that I ám excited, of course.” His father immediately listens carefully again, hearing those words. “But it’s not so weird if I say that moving when you’ve lived in a place for so long can give quite a strange feeling, right? And of course I understand that, in theory, it’s all going to be fine and I’m not a negative person, you know that, but you can never be certain about how it will actually go. You might have moved twice in your life already, this being the third time, but for me and Taeng it’s the first time.” After continuously nodding for a while, his father finally answers.

“Yes, that is true. I might forget sometimes myself but indeed, I had a very strange feeling the first time too and it’s not like I don’t have a little bit of that strange feeling now.”

“And that’s normal sweetie,” his mother says, who has apparently entered the room, with an excited but also soothing voice. “But it’s going to be so nice,” she continues. “We’ve got a great house and you’ll also go to quite a good school, so isn’t that worth a bit of strange feelings?”

Luhan chuckles while looking down. “Yeah, it is, probably.”

“And it’s not in a month, not in a week… No, today’s the day. Oh and you look so good my little boy,” she says a little exaggerating while softly tapping him on his cheek.

Mom, this is my graduation year. Seriously…he thinks. “Yeah mom, I get it,” he says a tiny bit annoyed but while smiling brightly.

He just… really hopes they’re right, about the moving, that everything is going to be fine. Well, at least they know a lot more about moving so he’ll just trust them.

Today: moving out of the house. Then: two days to get used to the new house and area a bit and then off to the new school, which he has to get used to as well, in hundreds of different ways. Sigh.

At least he’s really glad for once that his sister goes to a university so she doesn’t harass him all day, or as much as possible, although… Now that he thinks of it, it would have been nice to just… already know someone over there. Ah well, it’s worth it, definitely. He doesn’t always like his parents’ exaggerated praises and everything but Taeyeon though treats him almost the exact opposite way.

“Are you ready baby?” his mother calls.

“Yes mom,” he says while zipping up his back.

Sigh. Why can no one just treat him normally?



Wow, it’s all so weird for Luhan. The last two days were quite hard for him, to get used to the house and stuff; the time suddenly seemed to go so slow. But he has decided that he’s going to be completely open to this ‘new world’ and he has to admit the house and the neighborhood seem quite nice. Now he has to make it his ‘home’, but that’s just going to be a matter of time.

They’ve almost arrived at the school building. His mother had offered to drive him to school since it’s his first day here and… well, just for fun too he thinks.

“So, here we are. Good luck my little boy!” Ugh… Graduating, I’m fricking graduating! “And even though it’s school, don’t forget to have fun,” his mother says a little bit too enthusiastic.

She’s the sweetest mother he could have but… oh, sometimes he just wishes… Ah well, doesn’t matter.

“Yeah, thanks mom,” he says with a gentle smile and his mother just gives him a kiss on the cheek before he gets out of the car. They wave at each other for about three seconds and then she drives off.

“Well, it um… looks nice, I guess. No. No Luhan, don’t do that. You were going to think positive,” he says to himself softly.

He passes many people and takes a good look around him. Are there going to be any of these people he sees here in his class? He wonders. Ah well, it will all be clear soon, he’ll just see what happens. It almost surprises him that so many people are still outside while class is starting in about five minutes. He just decides to get inside and try to find his classroom.

He already thought he would lose at least a few minutes just walking around and that came true. Just when he’s thinking about who he should ask to tell him where to go while looking around, he accidentally bumps into someone quite hard and even almost falls on the ground.

“Oh, I’m sorry,” he says truly regretful. “Really, I-”

“Yah! What do you think you’re doing, you… Hey pretty face,” the guy suddenly says with a completely changed attitude. Luhan’s eyes get a little big and he gives him a strange look.

The guy keeps standing there and takes a good look at Luhan.

“Ah, I get it. You’re new here aren’t you?”

Luhan hesitates for a moment. “Um… Yeah, I am.”

“Oh and do you know anyone here already?” Luhan hesitantly shakes his head. “Well, then I’m the first one you’ll meet. Hi, I’m Kai. What’s your name pretty face?”

“I’ll tell you if you stop calling me pretty face.”

“Ooh, that’s harsh,” he says pretending to be hurt. “Well, I can probably think of something else.”

“Um… Okay, I guess. My name’s Luhan.”

“Well Luhan, nice to meet you.”

He thinks for a moment. “Do you… happen to be lost?” he asks seriously but with a little smirk.

“Well…” Luhan starts. He’s not sure, even if Kai seriously wants to help him, if he should let him. He’s just so strange.

“Hey, it’s not like I’m going to send you the wrong way. I’m not a bad guy.” Maybe not a bad guy but still a weird guy.

“Well… Okay then. I ám lost actually. I have to…” He doesn’t finish his sentence but just shows Kai the little paper on which his time table is written.

“Oh, that’s right over there. Look, second door on the right.”

“Oh,” Luhan chuckles a little ashamed. “Thank you,” he says while starting to walk away.

“You’re welcome pretty face.”

Luhan looks around with squeezed eyes.

“I said I could think of something else, I didn’t say how soon,” Kai says with his hands in his pockets and a big smirk on his face before walking the other way. Luhan lightly shakes his head and then just continues to walk to his classroom. He actually didn’t even consider if anyone had looked. Hmm… Ah well.

Just when he walks through the door the bell rings.

“Well Luhan, you’re just in time for your first day,” a woman, the teacher probably, says with a gentle smile but he can see she’s a little bit disappointed. Luhan makes a little bow.

“Sorry ma’am. I um… had a hard time trying to find the classroom.”

“Yeah alright, it’s okay,” she says with a sweet voice as she sees Luhan’s really sorry. “Just take one of the empty spots in the back there,” she says while pointing and Luhan follows the direction and sits down at one of the tables.

“So class, I hope you’re not in the middle of a conversation but if you are then that’s too bad, because I would like to start. Um… If you would just open you’re book at page 13 and-”

Her sentence is suddenly cut off by someone opening the door.

There’s a boy standing still in the doorway, looking around the class for a moment. He’s fairly tall, has dark brown hair and a bit of a mysterious… almost emotionless look in his eyes. Everyone looks at him. He doesn’t say anything. The only thing he does is make a straight 45 degree bow and walk out of the classroom again. Luhan keeps staring at the door for a while, even though the boy is already gone.

What was that about?Luhan thinks to himself. He understands that the boy was just confused or something and that he accidentally walked into the wrong classroom, but still… The look on his face and… just saying nothing. Now that he thinks about it… Everyone did look at the boy, but nobody seemed as surprised as Luhan was, maybe still a little surprised but that’s it, not even the teacher. The teacher just continues her class and everyone else reads along or just listen to her reading it. This day is just getting crazier and crazier…

“Luhan, could you please pay attention as well?” she asks as, without him realizing, he was still looking at the door.

“Um… Yes. Sorry.” He just decides to read along – he sort of has no choice now – even though it takes a while for him to forget the picture, the picture of that boy.

 

 

 

 

I know! I'm sorry nothing has really happened yet but that will come, I promise^^ As you might understand the beginnning was also sort of an introduction of the situation and (a part of the) people in the story~

But by the way: just a description and already 9 subscribers! I'm not sure what's the norm here since I'm quite new but still, thank you!!;D