Amulet

Truths and Lies

A M U L E T

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KBLJtnWJeCo


It was 5 AM, and the phone was ringing. Kai was asleep in his room. His snoring overpowered the sound of the phone rings. The phone stopped ringing, this time, your cell phone rang. You woke up to the sound of your phone and sat up, taking your phone. *It's 5 AM. Who's calling?* You answered the phone. "Hello?" you mumbled, half asleep.
"Seulmi-ah!" you heard your father's voice.
You suddenly shot up. "Appa?" 
You heard his low chuckle. "How are you?" he asked.
"It's currently 5 AM, appa. How do you think I am?"
"Really? Appa's sorry. Your umma and I just got home from a meeting and it's 4 AM."
"You guys should be resting now. You can call us back in the morning," you insisted.
"Oh, just let her sleep," you heard your mother's voice through the phone.
"Sorry, but we have another meeting in the morning. I just called to ask if you've been to the back of your closet before," he suddenly said.

You blinked. "My closet?" You stood up and walked towards your closet, pushed all of the clothing away.
"Yes. There's a small door inside. Do you see it?"
You looked around and at last found a small door. "Yes," you said.
"It's probably sealed shut. There's a padlock on the left of it," he said. You looked to your left and found a padlock. "And the code is your birth date." You pressed in your birth date and the door opened. "Got the door open?"
"Yes," you replied, walking inside.
"Walk inside and you'll find a box. I want you to open the box and tell me what you see in there."
You found a box and examined it. "It's locked," you said.

A long pause. "The necklace that your umma gave you is a key to that box. Use that," he said.
You took off your necklace and held it towards the box's lock. "Noona?"
You looked at the door. "Is that Kai?" your father asked.
"Yes," you said.
"Let him come," he said.
"In here Kai!" you shouted.
Kai walked inside your closet and found you in the secret room. He looked around. "What is this place?" He glanced at the box. *Could that be?*
You gestured him to come towards you. You put the key inside the lock and turned it to the right. A small clicking sound was made, and the lid opened just a crack. You slowly opened the box. "Do you see anything?" your father asked.
Once the box was fully opened, you saw a amulet of the family's crest. "I see an amulet of the family crest," you said.

"Good. Since you're old enough now, I want you to keep an eye on it. It cannot go into the wrong hands," he warned.
Kai stood next to you, silent than usual. *Wrong hands?* Kai picked up the amulet.
"I have no time to explain to you, but what ever you do, don't let it out of the house. Don't let anyone touch it. And especially, don't let anyone else know about the secret room," he said and hung up.
You and Kai both stared at the amulet. "Where should we hide it?" you asked him.
Kai looked at you. "Let's just keep it in here. That way, no one can find it," he said and put the amulet back in its place. The both of you left the room and sealed the door shut.


He slipped past the door quietly and walked towards your closet. He peeked over his shoulder, seeing your eyes closed as you lay in bed asleep. Quietly and carefully, he opened your closet and stepped inside, closing the door behind him. He pushed himself past your clothing and towards a small door. But it was locked, and no doorknob. He created an orb of light and traced it along the edges of the door. The door slowly opened, revealing a small light inside. He walked inside and closed the door behind him. Putting his hands in his pockets, he searched for his key. He pulled out a key that was attached to a ribbon and held it up at the lock of the box. He slowly unlocked the box and the box opened in return. Gently, he took the amulet and gazed at it. 

*This is it. The key to solving everything.*
Suddenly, he heard voices outside. "Kai wake up!" you shouted.
Kai ran out of his room. "N-noona!"
The man quickly shut the box and walked out the closet, and quietly slipped out of your bedroom window.


How's the update? I've been having mini-writers block. D:
OTLOTL I made a mistake if you guys already read. Luckily, I reread it and changed it. ><
Today has  been a depressing day for me. >:|
OTL Are your places burning hot today? I'm sweating more than I did when I was in Vietnam. D: