Chapter 1

Diary of SYN

Tomorrow is the first day of our last year at the Royal Academy. I have to admit I'm a little nervous. Tomorrow, we get to select our dongsaeng for the year. Just one of the perks for being a part of SYN. Basically, we choose one of the first year boys to be our "companion" for the year. It's actually kind of fun, I just don't love the selection part. Last year, I only had one volunteer. Not that I mind, since it was Luhan. We had a great year together! Maybe this year's selection will be different. We already got to see some of the new students, and there is one that I liked in particular. . . ^o^ I don't want to jinx myself, so I won't write his name!

Anyways, Yatsu and Noelani are coming over today because they want me to try on a new outfit. I have a feeling that there is going to be more to it than that. Call it intuition. . . or a really good hunch after knowing Noelani, the Makeover Queen, for as long as I have. Either way, there is a buzz of excitement in the air that is hard to ignore. I wonder what will happen tomorrow?

Seol

 

“Owww!” Seol yelled as Noelani slapped her hand.

“Stop tugging on it!”

“But it’s waaaaaaay to short.”

“It is not. It’s just not the jeans and hoodie you were born in.”

Seol pouted and her glasses slipped down her nose a bit. She pushed them back into place. “Yatsu! Help me.”

“We are helping you,” Yatsumi said. “Believe me, when you see the reaction you get tomorrow on the first day of school, you’ll thank us.”

“But you wear sweats all the time. What’s so bad about what I wear?”

“Really? Do I need to pull out the full length mirror?” Noelani asked. Yatsumi high fived Noelani and turned back to Seol.

“Seol, I am a dancer. That’s why I get to wear really comfortable stuff. I have to be able to move.”

“I’m just going to be a songwriter though. It’s not like it matters what I look like.”

“You may surprise yourself. And besides, tomorrow is the Dongsaeng Selection. This year you may actually get more than one or two volunteers.”

“Omo! Do you think he will volunteer?”

Noelani laughed. “Niel's friend with the pink hair? He’s all yours.”

Seol jokingly punched Noelani’s arm. “Yah! He’s adorable!”

“All the more reason,” Yatsumi said, turning Seol to face the mirror, “to wear this outfit tomorrow. You wouldn’t want to offend the princess would you? Especially when she designed this outfit with you in mind.” Seol turned to look at Noelani who was looking regal as ever, one eyebrow raised.

Seol looked at her reflection. Is this really me?, she thought. I didn’t even know I could look like this. She sighed. “You win. I’ll wear it.”

“Good,” Noelani said. “Now give me your glasses.”

-----------------------------------------------------

The next day came after what seemed like an eternity. As this was the first day of school, Noelani's chauffeur drove her around to pick up her two friends so that they could all arrive together. Their first stop was Yatsumi's house. She lived in the middle class part of town. Her family wasn't rich, but they were well enough off. As her black limo drove through the streets, heads were turning, wondering who was inside.

Yatsumi was already waiting outside when Noelani arrived. In honor of the day, she had not worn her usual sweat pants and t-shirt. In , was her ever present er. She rushed down the stairs, thanked the driver who had opened the car door for her, and climbed inside across from her friend.

"Nice outfit, Yahtzee," Noelani said.

"It should look nice, since you made it for me." She looked around the limo in awe. "Whoa, I still can't get used to this." She leaned in secretively. "Are you ready for the big reveal?"

Noelani smirked, looking supremely confident. "I can't wait."

----------------------------------------------------

I really wanted today to be a day to remember!  And every important day deserves a new outfit!  I've included sketches of the outfits I designed for my friends and me.  Enjoy!

Noelani

NOELANI

YATSUMI

SEOL

 

The main entry way to Royal Academy was filled with students, all awaiting the arrival of SYN. Their patience was finally rewarded as the doors were thrown open to admit them entry. Noelani and Yatsumi entered together. Noelani wore a strapless dress.  The dress was white but featured black lace over the bodice of the dress.  Simple, yet elegant. Yatsumi was wearing a black half vest over a short sleeved white shirt, gray shorts and black knee high socks. Her black fedora was tilted to one side.

They stepped aside as Seol walked in, but not the Seol everyone had expected to see. Her glasses were gone, along with her normal hoodie, jeans, and pigtails. She wore a short baby blue dress and 3-inch heels. She scanned the crowd as she walked in. Everyone is staring, Seol thought. Just focus on walking in these ridiculously high shoes. Left foot, right foot. Everything was going great until she saw L.Joe in the crowd, looking straight at her. The pink hair had been dyed brown and was shaped into a swoop. He smiled and moved his thumb across his bottom lip.

"Ooof!" she said, stumbling. Oh crap, she thought as she started to fall and waited for the impact she knew was going to come. Only it didn't. She felt arms close around her and was almost to afraid to open her eyes to see who had caught her. Almost. She opened her eyes to see Taec mere inches from her face. The girls in the entry way sighed with envy.

"Seol? Is that you?" Taec asked.

Seol flushed in embarassment and quickly stood, tucking her hair behind her ear. "Thank you," she said and hurriedly linked arms with Yatsumi and Noelani, rushing from the room. A student stood leaning on the railing on the floor above. He saw the thoughtful smile on Taec's face as SYN left. He clenched a fist. Don't look so surprised. Seol has always been beautiful, you idiot.

---------------------------------------------------------------

SYN went into the fashion design room Noelani used and closed the door. Noelani jumped up and down excitedly. If only people could see our princess like this, Yatsumi thought.

"I told you! I told you it would work!"

"Yes, Princess," Seol said sarcastically. "But I tripped."

"Oh yeah you did! And Taec caught you. Taec!" Noelani said. "I couldn't have planned a better entrance. I mean, Taec, of all people."

"Calm down, or Siwon will hear your man thoughts," Yatsumi said.

Immediately, Noelani calmed down and crossed her arms. "I wasn't having man thoughts on my behalf."

Yatsumi rolled her eyes. "Right. And I'm the Queen of England."

"I thought you were the future Mrs. Rain?" Seol asked and she and Noelani laughed.

"Very funny guys." The school clock tower chimed the hour and the three looked at each other. There was a pop as Yatsumi pulled the er from , smiling. "Let the Dongsaeng Selection begin!"