The Twist and Turns

To My Dearest Soulmate [Oneshot+ Sequel]

The Twist and Turns

[a/n: any mistakes are not intended. please read the note after the chapter! Thanks! And i dedicate this sequel to the people who asked for it. My intentions were to keep it as it is before but i had a crazy idea! so do enjoy this! one more chapter for this and its officially done okay?]

It has been three years since Sandara sent her letter via balloons. The letter she foolishly wrote ordered by the old lady she had met on her way home. It has also been two years since her grandmother died leaving her alone with no one else to love.

The three years of loneliness she didn’t dare to find a guy. She wanted to believe that the old lady she had met is right about finding her soulmate by sending him a letter attached to dozens of balloons. However the three years sure proved that nothing is true about what the old lady said.

The people in town that truly knows Sandara felt sad that she might grow old alone, sad and worst lifeless. Even though many see her bubbly side when she teaches the children, but the longing for a lifelong partner could be seen in her sullen eyes.

The people she truly loves had left her already and now the people in town are afraid that they might lose her. She had turned down many of her frequent acquaintances that wanted to date her. She always think that in the end her soulmate will come.

One day after her class in town, she saw the familiar face that had given her the idea of sending a letter to her soulmate. This time she didn’t need to be called as she went straight to the old lady.

“I knew you’d be back,” Sandara was rather baffled by the old lady’s words.

“Don’t be confuse Sandara,” she was stunned to hear the old lady speak her name for the first time. “I know how much you are questioning about the idea I told you. And I know how much you are questioning whether it’s true or not.”

“I just don’t get it, ahjumma,” Sandara murmured. “I did what you told me to do and yet it’s been three years and nothing has happened.”

“Sandara,” the old lady smiled. “When I told you to send the letter, there is something you needed to learn first and that’s to be patient.

“What do you mean by that?” Sandara asked. “I’ve been patient for three years!”

“Have you?” she asked. “One thing you miss dear is that you’ll find your soulmate in the right time. That’s how real love works it happens in the right time and in the right place. You can’t just expect the person who got the letter to come here and claim you as you’re his soulmate.”

“But…” Sandara understood her.

This only means that the person hasn’t gotten the letter,” she said.

“What do you mean?” she asked.

“It will take time dear,” the old lady held Sandara’s hand.

“So do you mean to say,” Sandara felt the sudden fear of loneliness. “That it may take years before he and I can meet?”

“Yes,” the old lady answered. “But like I said you’d expect it in the perfect time whether you’re old or not you won’t be alone.”

The rest of the evening, she could only think about the old lady’s words. She did hope to meet her soulmate the day he would find the letter but nothing had come after three years she had sent her letter. She felt angry at herself the fact that she had taught her heart to act this way so every guy that had tried courting her she would reject quite easily.

--------

A young man in his mid-twenties, wearing his black fancy suit is lonely and sad. He has been given a huge amount of wealth and yet nothing has made him happy.

It has been three years since he had lost his brother from an accident. His brother, which had become his best friend and throughout his life of struggle he was there for him.

However the day his brother asked him to go with him in his little expedition outside the city life was the day he didn’t expect to lose his older brother.

“Seung Hyun hyung,” the man whispered. “I would have saved you if only I was there with you.”

“Sandara Park,” he repeated her name this time closing the letter putting it back in the envelope. He looked at the address and with determination he got on his SUV turning to a different which isn’t his home, but to a new adventure!

He was excited to go to his new adventure to possibly meet his soulmate. He too believes in soulmate and now that there has been a sign he knew he can fulfill his life. He drove with a huge smile in his face, it’s been weeks since he had last scene the world and now he’s able to finally meet his future.

The moment he got on the road he was officially back to his normal routine. The electronics that helped him navigate to places are up and the blasting music in his SUV kept him entertained. He’s happy that a part of him will be complete in just a couple of miles.

He held the letter in one hand along with the steering wheel while he fish out his phone that had fallen. He wanted to call his younger brother to tell him that he’ll be gone for a couple more days. Their father had expected him to arrive in the city the next day but the stubborn side of him didn’t want to let go of this opportunity.

Once he got the phone he quickly dialed his brother’s number, “Jiyong,” he called hearing the other line.

“Hyung,” Jiyong answered. “Are you on your way home? Appa has been asking me.”

“Jiyong tell appa not yet,” he said.

“What?” Jiyong was rather irritated. “Hyung, appa made an event that will announce you as the heir of Kwon Corp.”

“Bro you won’t believe this but I’ll meet my soulmate,” Seung Hyun didn’t bother listening to his little brother. “I will finally complete my life.”

“Hyung that’s absurd,” he was getting annoyed due to his older brother’s foolishness.

“No ji,” he felt happier. “You’d feel it once you find some sign.”

“No hyung listen,” Jiyong tried to knock the senses off of his hyung. “Appa will surely not like this and in worst you might cause him a heart attack once he figures out that you’re turning your back just because of a sign. Hyung this is far more important. So come home now!”

“Ji, I will never come back,” he said with determination.

“Hyung!” he heard him yell before hanging up.

He tossed his phone aside ignoring the possible calls from his brother. All that matters to him is to get the address and meet this girl.

It was getting dark and the country road tends to be darker so he rushed his way hoping to meet a town to stay into.

The letter still remained in his grip and his eyes going back and forth from the road and the letter. He would smile here and there thinking how perfect the time will be.

He felt relaxed feeling the gentle breeze that’s cooling the summer heat. His love for driving with the window down in the summer meeting the breeze is all he wanted and what he calls a perfect life.

His hand loosen from the steering wheel as he swerve a little seeing an animal that had run across the road. He quickly revives but the grip on the letter he had loosened making him out of focus. He tried to grab the letter that had gently fallen taking his attention off the road for quite a bit.

He smiled seeing himself holding onto the letter but something else surely surprised him as his eyes widen.

----------

Jiyong took his eyes off the window as he heard a knock from his door. He quickly fixed himself and told the person to come in.

“Sir,” his secretary came in. “The police officer from the small town came to drop this off.”

“What is it?” he asked in rather cold tone.

“They say it belongs to your brother,” the secretary answered.

“Thanks you may go,” Jiyong said making the guy leave.

Jiyong’s eyes quickly connected to the beaten box in front of him. It’s been three years since his brother passed away and his stuff only arrived today. He felt as if he’s insulted.  

Jiyong decided to put the box aside forgetting what had happened. Ever since his older brother died, his father followed in suit leaving him in loneliness and the wealth he didn't want.

His father who was more in favor of his older brother, who happened to be the heir of all the things he has now left and betrayed him. The things that were not supposed to be his are supposed to be for his brother. Even the sadness behind the money were supposed to be for his brother yet here he is suffering to what his brother is supposedly go through.

Jiyong left the office carrying the beaten box with him. He figured once he gets home, he’ll just throw all them in the fire to get rid of the rest of his memories.

In the comfort of his home, with the lit fireplace and the beaten box, he was determined to get rid of it all. He took the first item he found, it was Seung Hyun’s old compass that works like wonder whenever he and Seung Hyung would go hiking in the mountains. He uses this a lot when going in the woods and forests.

He looked at it once more and threw it in the open fire. The GPS he used in his car left discarded in the fire. The yellow light jacket he loves to wear when entering a forest was thrown in the fire as well.

He dug deeper in the box and pulled a bunch of strings with deflated balloons. He’s quite puzzled to see such things in his brother’s items. He then remembered his hyung telling him about soulmates.

He reached further into the box using the strings as guidance and there he found the attached letter.

 A light pink envelope with smudges of his brother’s blood in the sides of it greeted him. Then a sudden interest to read the letter had him. He took the letter along with the material it came with. He sat down in his leather chair looking at each corners of the letter.

A light scent of sweetness could still be smell as if it was intoxicating. He turned the letter where you open it and the light pink lip mark was still there. His long, slender, soft fingers are gracing over the mark outlining the possible lips of the girl who had sent the letter.

His finger slowly lifted the part of the envelope revealing the actual letter. Then a part of him had the urge to take it and read it.

He slowly took the letter out after what seems like an hour. He wanted to blame this person that wrote this letter the cause of his brother’s death but couldn’t. His brother was a fool to believe in such things.

Once the letter was fully out, he slowly opened it revealing a beautiful penmanship. His eyes move slowly as he read each word in the letter. His heart pounded erratically as if his heart knows who wrote this.

The details that he has heard and remember before.

“Jiyong, what do you really want to be?” it was another day after school that he and his brother are having their talk. “I mean without all this money?”

“To be honest hyung,” Jiyong smiled just thinking about it. “I want to live far away from the city and start a family in a small town. I want to be with the girl who loves kids and me of course.”

“Yea, that’s what I want too,” Seung Hyun smiled. “I hope there’s some sort of sign you know.”

“You know hyung,” Jiyong said. “It’ll be hard for you to achieve that kind of life. I mean appa is already planning our future and especially yours. You do know that you’ll be the next president of the company once he retires.”

“I know,” he bitterly answered. “As much as I don’t want that, I can’t avoid it. So I want you to live the life i want Jiyong, for me at least.”

“You know you will find someone,” Jiyong tried to comfort his brother. “You just have to be patient.”

“Somewhere out there bro there’s a soulmate for us,” Seung Hyun said making the little one agree.

“I hope to meet her in the right time hyung,” Jiyong said. “The perfect time where we see each other in the perfect place that when we look into each other’s eyes we’ll know.”

“Isn’t that too perfect?” Seung Hyun teased the young guy. “But Ji I know she’s out there for sure.”

Once Jiyong finished reading the letter, he quickly turned the envelope revealing the letter sender’s address. “Do you still live here Sandara?” he mumbled looking at the written address.

-------

The very next day, Jiyong ordered the driver to get ready as they are going in a road trip. The driver was quite shock to see how far they are going, but he could not object since it’s his job.

“Kim,” Jiyong called the driver. “Please get me there as soon as possible.”

“I’ll try sir,” Kim answered. “It’s going to be a couple of hours drive sir.”

“It’s okay, just get me there,” Jiyong said.

Once they were in the road Jiyong held on the letter in his hand. His fingers would sometimes outline the lip mark this letter sender left. “I’ll see you soon Sandara,” he said and a gentle smile tugged in his lips.

---------------------------------

A/N:

This is the second part and so one more left. then it's officially done okay? No more sequel after the third part!

I decided to just do the sequel here since i didn't want to start a new one. i figured this story is short so i decided to add the sequel here which is fine right? 

I hope you guys like the twist. I'm sorry for TabiSan neh? I didn't mean to hurt you Tabi!! :( The next one will be posted after a type 'em but for now i'll sleep. haha it's 4:16 am here already! my inspiration for this story is being sleepy.

Thanks for reading and commenting! <3s to all!!!