Scenario I

What If...?

*~*

Scenario I: What If Chorong Got a Boyfriend and Bomi Was Jealous?

Words: ~841

Genre: Romance with a hint of comedy and fluff

 Rating: PG-13 (barely)

Author's Note: So the first fic is something short and cute for you guys that demanded to be written. I'll try to make the one-shots longer as I add more, but I don't wanna overwhelm with the first story. In this drabble I tried to write out Eunji's Busan satoori because it's a big part of her identity. Busan satoori is basically the Korean equivalent of a Texan/Southerner's accent in the US, which is really different compared to standard English, so I felt compelled to write her style of speech differently. And "Bbom-ah" is what Eunji calls Bomi sometimesit's kinda like a nickname. Now enough Eunji-talk, this is a Chomi fic! Read and enjoy!



*~*


Bomi frowned as she heard Chorong’s laughter filter in from the back room for what must’ve been the twelfth time that hour. A Pink’s leader was texting her new boyfriend, and Bomi cringed at the thought of her friend’s new relationship.


The older girl hadn’t told anyone about him yet, but Eunji had informed Bomi that Kung-Fu Panda manager had been complaining to a staff member about Chorong being too distracted by her new boyfriend.


It was great that Chorong got a boyfriend, since dating at her age was healthy and expected. However, for some reason Bomi couldn’t make herself feel happy for her best friend. Everytime she saw Chorong giggle at their manager’s phone, a happy smile brightening her features, a weird feeling bubbled up in Bomi’s chest. Sadness? No. Anger? No. In all honesty she didn’t mind that Chorong hadn’t told anyone about him yet. Then what? Unable to keep her emotions to hersef any longer, Bomi sought out Eunji for advice.


“Bbom-ah, I think I know what’s goin’ on here,” Eunji said wisely as they sat across from each other on the floor of the practice room.


“What is it?” Bomi leaned in, curious.


“You’ve got the hots for Chorong-unnie!” Eunji declared dramatically, her eyes turning into crescents as she grinned at the older girl.


“Wh-what?!” Bomi blushed, embarrassed.


“Doncha get it? Yer totally jealous of Chorong’s boyfriend!”


“Eu-Eunji-ah, please be quieter,” Bomi stammered, feeling the stares of the staff members in the practice room.


“Yah, doncha go denyin’ it, Bbom-ah, ‘cause you know it’s true~” her loud friend ignored her friend and smiled, patting Bomi’s bun. “S'okay though, ‘cause I know how you can win unnie over.”


“R-really? How?”


“Simple, just kiss her!”


“WHAT? No no no no!” Bomi sputtered, shaking her head violently. She nervously tapped her fingers together. “How could I do something so…provocative?”


“Yah, if you don’t so somethin’ now, it might be too late later!” Eunji pressed, her eyes actually opening in a moment of seriousness. “Only a kiss’ll let her know that you mean business!”


“Mm…That’s true…” Eunji had raised a good point, the only way Chorong would see her as anything more than a friend would be through something bold like…a kiss. Bomi could feel her facing heat up even more at the thought of doing something so uncharacteristic of her.


Pulling Bomi up with her, Eunji gave her friend a reassuring squeeze on the shoulder. She flashed her thousand-watt smile before saying, “Now go, Chorong-unnie’s waitin’!”


“Wait, what? You want me to do it now?” Bomi asked, panicking.


“Of course, now’s the perfect time!”


“But it—


“Nope, there’s no backin’ out now,” Eunji cut off her flustered friend. She shoved Bomi towards the back room despite the slighty-older girl’s weak protests. “You can do it!!”


Slapping her cheeks, Bomi steeled herself. "That's right Bomi, you can do this."


Gathering her courage, she squared her shoulders and marched forward robotically until she was in front of the back room. Hearing Chorong’s giggle from behind the door, she looked back at Eunji, her nervousness returning. Eunji merely eye-smiled from her spot and flashed the anxious girl a thumbs up, nodding vigorously. Bomi smiled back weakly before taking a deep breath and opening the door.


Predictably, Chorong was smiling at the manager's phone, her fingers tapping rapidly against the phone keys. The leader was leaning against the side wall, too distracted to even notice Bomi’s entrance.


Refusing to let her resolve falter, Bomi swallowed before appearing in front of the older girl. Taking Chorong's hands in hers, she lowered the phone, earning a puzzled look from the older girl.


“What are you— Before the confused girl could finish, Bomi quickly pressed her lips against Chorong’s. Bomi's heart drummed against her chest as she kissed the older girl, warmth spreading through her body.


Awkwardly pulling back, Bomi locked her gaze on the wide-eyed girl and declared, “UnnieIlikeyou.”


“Wh-what?” Chorong stood frozen, still in the process of registering the younger girl’s actions.


“Ireallylikeyou.”


“...What?”


Frustrated, Bomi burst out, “Ahh unnie~! I hate how you’re always texting your new boyfriend! I hate how you're always smiling and laughing at his words! I l-like you, so smile at me instead…” Her voice tapered off. Her cheeks were bright red, and her eyes stayed fixed to the floor.


To her surprise, Chorong giggled and grabbed the collar of Bomi’s shirt, pulling her into another kiss. A feeling of pure bliss enveloped Bomi, and she closed her eyes.


“U-unnie?” Bomi stammered after they pulled apart, confused.


“Silly Bomi,” Chorong smiled warmly at her junior, holding her chin up. “I like you too.”


Bomi thought she could die happy there, her heart light as Chorong beamed at her. But she frowned, remembering why she approached the older girl in the first place.


“But what about your…boyfriend?


“Boyfriend?” Chorong tilted her head. “I don’t have a boyfriend…”


“Wai-huh?”


“I don’t have a boyfriend, Bomi-ah. Who told you that?”


“But—you and—texting—then she—wha?”


As Bomi sputtered at her senior in utter confusion, Eunji peeked at the two girls from behind the door frame. She cupped a hand over , holding back the maniacal laughter that threatened to burst out from behind her wide grin. Turning her back to the new couple, she smirked evilly to herself.


“Just as planned.”


*~*


End Author's Note: Eunji's quite the cunning gal here...An alternate title for this drabble would be "What If Eunji Made a Plan to Get Chomi Together?" XD And did anybody catch the Death Note reference at the end? Eunji ≠ Light LOL