Memories

Odyssey of the Heart

Waking up that morning was not hard for Yonghwa at all- he still felt high off of his emotions from the night before, and the fact that he had just spent over ten hours on a train didn't even register for him.

Jungshin started the usually task of opening the blinds and windows to wake him, but before his dongsaeng could even finish, he sprang out of bed.

"It's OK Jungshin-ah," he started. "I'm awake. I've been awake for a while." he grabbed his towel and other toiletries and headed out the door toward the shower. Before he could get out the door, Jungshin called out to him.

"Hyung, you stayed out all night, didn't you? We waited until about midnight for you, but we fell asleep." 

Yonghwa's breath caught in his throat. "Didn't you get my text message? I told you guys not to expect me back for a while, I had some business to take care of."

"Well, yes, hyung, but still- how could you be out so late on a school night? Plus you missed an informal band practice."

Yonghwa slowly hung his head before he replied. He was trying his hardest to keep any trace of negative emotion out of his voice. "Jungshin-ah, I told you. I just had some business to take care of. I'm sorry I missed the practice, but this really couldn't wait. Next time I will-"

"Is it about your father? Did you go out to Busan last night?"

Hearing Jungshin mention his father made Yonghwa's heart skip a beat. He could feel his dongsaeng's eyes on the back of his head.

"Yea. I went to Busan. But I didn't see my family or anything. I didn't have time."

"Hyung," Jungshin started incredulously, "Why did you travel ALL THE WAY to Busan and not see your family even for a minute? You know how much it would have meant to your mother-"

"Yah, Jungshin-ah!" Yonghwa could feel traces of anger creeping into his voice. "I know what you are thinking. And you're right. I need to go home and talk to my family. I can't keep running away and blah blah blah. Whatever, I'm a coward. So let's just drop it, ok?" 

A tense moment passed between the two before Jungshin smiled and nodded his head in understanding. He knew that dealing with family problems was hard for Yonghwa, but it was best to just let him go about solving them in his own way.

"Araso, hyung." Jungshin backtracked out of Yonghwa's room and left him in the silence he desired for the remainder of the morning.

 

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

 

 

By the time Yonghwa got to school, it was so late that his first class had already ended, but he sauntered in anyway.

"Hyung!" he yelled to the teacher. Professor Buck had been consentrating on something very hard on the screen of his laptop, and Yonghwa's sudden outburst startled him. Professor Buck jumped up form his chair sending a cascade of papers and pens to the ground.

"Oh, Hyung, did I scare you?" Yonghwa cooed.  "Mianhaeyo. I just came in to learn what I missed in class today. I'm a little late, as you can see."

The teacher stared at him incredously as he began to sit back down in his chair. He slowly picked up all the papers and other items that fell off the desk before he turned to answer Yonghwa.

" Yonghwa-shii. In this class, tardiness is not apprieciated. It seems you have made a habit of arriving late, and I'm not going to be nice about it anymore. If you would like to know what happens in class everyday, you need to arrive on time and show some respect to your classma-"

Professor Buck was cut off by a quiet knock on the door.  Simultaneously, he and Yonghwa turned to see who it was. At the door stood the tall, beautiful Dance Instructor, Professor Qian. She was known around campus for her amazing flexibility and unique dancing skills. She was so great that the school went all the way to her home in China to ask her to be a dancer instructor for them.

"Annyeong-hasayo Professor Buck!" She looked at Yonghwa and smiled. "Is this a bad time?"

Professor Buck's ears slowly started to become redder and redder. He jumped up just as he had done when Yonghwa entered, and all the pens and papers flew back to the floor. His surprise and discomfort were palpable. He was practically drooling at the sight of the dance teacher. Yonghwa noticed all of this, and it took all of his self-control not to burst out laughing at his teacher's expense.

"Aniyo, aniyo, Professor Qian please come in! I was just talking to one of my students. But what is it, what can I help you with?" Professor Buck's words came out in a nervous flurry of choppy Korean.

Professor Qian smiled before she responded. "Oh, it's nothing too important, but I found this outside of the dance studio and all of my students continued to say that it was yours. I just wanted to return it." With that, she opened her hand to reveal a thin, white plastic bracelet. "Is this something that belongs to you?"

Professor Buck looked down at his wrist and then at the bracelet  with wide, surprised eyes. He started with a nervous laugh and then began speaking again. 

"Oh, yes that is my bracelet! I wonder how it got all the way near the dance studio? That is really strange..."

Yonghwa watched in awe as the two foreign professors chatted nervously. Obvioulsy, there was a budding attraction between them. Yonghwa felt that he should leave to give them some privacy, but watching them talk was a lot of fun. 

 

 

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

 

Seohyun and Jinwoon ate lunch with her unnis the next day. Seohyun enjoyed hearing Jinwoon's stories from when he studied abroad. He was still the same sweet and caring Jinwoon that she  remembered, and she greatly enjoyed the familarity. Unfortunately though, while she was with Jinwoon, she found it harder and harder to focus on him. Her mind always drifted to other things, like her new seatmate Jung Yonghwa. How could he have hurt her Tiffany-unni like that? Plus, what kind of crazy guy would endanger his own debut? She tried not to worry about him, but it was impossible. Seohyun knew that since she was being forced to be involved with him, her life was soon going to change. And if she didn't control it enough, her life would be changing for the worst.

 

 

 

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

 

 

 

[A/N: Yes, I know this is a very short chapter, and I'm really sorry about that. After such a long hiatus, its going to take me a while to get back into my writing groove, So much has happened with uri YongSeo couple since I last wrote that I've had to change alot of my story. But never fear! because I am back, and I promise updates on a more regular basis! So, please keep reading! Gomawo everyone!!!!!!!!]