A Secret Love

Warrior

 

‘Hello?’ I asked quietly popping my head around the old door to room B. It was quiet and the suns afternoon rays were gentle compared to the earlier midday sun, dust particles slowly filtered into the room and danced until they found places to settle. A figure stood over by the window and was leaning with their back against the wall, arms folded across their chest as they looked out. It was Bang, I was sure, and he hadn’t heard me come in yet. I stood there for a few minutes quiet as a mouse and took in his features for the first time properly. He was very handsome and as my eyes roamed over his features I could feel my stomach doing funny little things. His lips were quite full for a mans and they were slightly parted, making my heart flutter strangely. He was wearing normal clothes again, white vest and jeans with a denim jacket at his feet giving me full view of really just how defined his arms were. His chest rose and fell steadily in time with his breathing, unlike mine, as his eyes scanned the outside world whilst my eyes noticed a glimpse of a six pack pushing out against his vest, he was indeed very handsome. I took two hesitant steps forward and finally he noticed me, turning his head slowly towards me as a grin stretched across his features.

‘You actually came.’ He said standing up straight and letting his arms fall to his sides with a tone of surprise lacing his voice. ‘I didn’t think you would, considering it was so rushed. I apologise.’ He smiled embarrassed. I had suddenly become very conscious about how I looked and without thinking about it I ran my hand through my fringe to smooth it out, instead I ended up getting it in my eye making it water. A strong but gentle and warm hand brushed my unruly fringe aside and lifted up my chin, blinking away the tears in my left eye I focused to see a pair of mesmerizing dark eyes staring with concern back into mine. ‘You okay?’ a smile played with his features as he spoke, ‘For someone who can dance so well you sure can be clumsy huh?’ I looked down as I felt the blood rushing up to my cheeks, even in that small moment when his skin had barely touched mine I had never felt such a sensation. It was like a shock of electricity had run through me when he touched me and I wanted more of it.

‘I’m fine.’ I reassured him, voice unsteady.  ‘Was there something in particular you wanted me to help you with?’ my words only fazed him a little but he soon snapped out of it and scratched the back of his head.

‘Mmm,’ the sound was deep and made me glance up at him causing my cheeks to flame crimson, how could he be so cute AND y?! ‘I can’t get the timing right on this particular song and it’s been bugging me for some time now. I’m sure you’ve heard of it.’ He said looking down at me with a grin tugging at his lips. I tore my gaze from his lips and looked into his eyes,

‘What’s it called?’

‘Secret Love,’ my heart faltered. ‘by B.A.P.’ his lips spread out into his usual smile as we said who the artists were at the same time. He was toying with me and that meant one thing, he really was who I thought he was, Bang Yong Guk from my most favourite kpop boy band ever, leader and main rapper. He tilted his head to the side slightly probably judging how I would react to my realisation of who he really was. Well two could play this game; I simply ped my hoody and set up my speakers barely looking over my shoulder at him as I said,

‘Watch me first and join in with me when you think you’ve got it.’ I stood right in front of him and this seemed to amuse him. The gentle serenading guitar began and so did he, looking me dead in the eye he sang,

‘I know it ain't easy for the two of us, that's right man but you know what? What's up? Sometimes I just don't care what people say, man, things are goin' crazy all the time, you know? I got no choice, let me just do this for love…’ Although my heart wasn’t keeping beat as he sang I made sure my slow and methodical movements did, he mirrored my clicking to the gentle beat only losing it a couple of times. Secret Love was more about the performance of singing and as usual I gave it my all and found myself singing to him, losing myself in his seemingly endless eyes. Soon enough he adopted the male singing parts and I did the same for the female parts, he surprised me as I never thought such a soothing sound could come from him since he had such a deep and usually rough voice. Our gazes never left each others as we moved around the room looking like to lovers who wanted nothing more than the other but got everything but. And all too soon the song had finished. We stood there just looking at one another, I lost track of time and all sense of surroundings and was filled completely with the vision of him and him alone. His beautiful smile as he looked at me continued to add to my dream-like state and I never wanted it to end.

‘Bang? You in here man?’ an annoyed voice asked.

My dream shattered.