Who is AJ?

First cut is the deepest

 

 

“Daebak”            “Jjang”                 “Awesome”

 

“And that’s the end of the performance from our school pride, the Takwondo club! Let’s give a big round of applause for them”

Loud noises and clappings were heard. Your performance was flawless. It’s worth the daily training the members had this whole one month. You were satisfied.

“Good job ______-ah” Soyeon said.

“You too”

 

Suddenly, you feel someone wrapping a towel around your neck. It was none other than your bestfriend, Sooyoung.

“Wow! You were really great out there. And Ji Hoon sunbae was too handsome, I thought I’m gonna die. I can see through his shirt. Awww those abs. ayyyy!”

“Yaahh Yahh.. Stop being a ert. Gimme that water. I’m super thirsty right now” you said, sick of listening to her ert thoughts.

“You know how much I like him right. Why don’t you try and introduce me to him” she said handing over the drink to you.

“No wayyy. You know he has a girlfriend right. Hyori sunbae will kill you if she knows you try to seduce him”

“I knowww.. Why must it be that woman? She’s too scary. I wonder what my JiHoonie like so much about her” she complained

You pretended not to hear. Sooyoung changes her ideal type almost every month. Last month it was Kim Junsu from football club. Now, Ji Hoon sunbae. You’re very sure it’s gonna change to some other guy next month.

“_____ sunbae. Sunbae. Did you hear me?” a junior asked.

“Yes. I’m sorry. What is it?”

“Someone asked me to pass this to you”

“Who..” He left before you’re be able to finish your sentence

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It was an energy drink with a small pink note. It says:

 

Dear Kim _____,

You were really great today!

I have a present to celebrate your awesome performance.

Come behind the library to retrieve your mystery gift.

I’ll be waiting. 

                                                                                              Sincerely,

                                                                                                                                                                                            AJ

“Daebak! Looks like Ms. Naive got a secret admirer. Quick quick, go now!” she said pushing you to go.

“No way. What if he’s a ert like you? I’m not going!”

“Aisshh why must you be negative all the time. Come on. I’ll go with you”

After a few minutes of quarrelling, you finally gave up. Sooyoung is really stubborn. You can never say no when she has make up her mind. With a heavy heart you followed her.

“Yaahh, quickly. He must’ve been waiting for so long already.”

“Yeah. Whatever.”

 

Sooyoung was way more excited than you are. The nearer you got to the library, the faster your heart beats. You have never done this before. You never got a letter from anyone, nor have you been in any relationship before.

“Alright. I’ll just accompany you till here. Now go.”

“Aniyo. I’m scared”

“What is the use of learning Taekwondo. If he tries to do something just kick him on the balls like this” she said while demonstrating it.

“I don’t want..”

“It’ll be fine, I promise. I’ll treat you lunch all week if you go now,” she said trying to convince you.

 

You surrender, tempted at the offer. As you walked, you saw someone sitting on the bench. You can’t see the face because only his back is facing you. You turned your head behind. Sooyoung was signalling you to go to that person quickly. You wonder who it is. That person figure seems familiar somehow.