Hello new friend!

First cut is the deepest

Home

“I’m home!”

“____-ah. How was your new school?” Omma asked.

“It’s okay. And a whole lot bigger than Busan City High.”

“Did you make friends yet?” asked Appa.

“Well. A few. So what’s for dinner??” you asked not wanting to drag the school questions further. Besides, you never really like to talk about school anyway.

“I made your favourite food, bulgogi in sweet and spicy pear sauce, pear cake, mixed salad with sweet pear. We have pear juice too.”

“Wow. Today’s dinner was all based on pears? DAEBAK!”

“Well. Your Omma’s excited to try all these recipes since we can get good quality pears with cheap price here.”

“Seems like we’d have to eat pears for a month then. At least until Omma’s excitements burns down.”

 

You all laughed.

 

Second day of school

*kring kring kringggg

The bell rang, indicating it’s time for lessons to start. The students rush to their seats not wanting to be late. Just then, you heard a girl’s voice greeting you.

 

“Anyeong! You must be Kim ____. The new student right?” she asked.

“I’m Choi Sooyoung. You can call me Sooyoungie or ShikShin. HAHAHAHA.”

“I’m ____,” you smiled awkwardly.

“Looks like I’m going to stuck here with you for three years. How annoying!”

You were surprised not knowing how to react.

“Oh come on. Chill! I was just kidding. Let’s be the super awesome deskmate, no, let’s be good friends from now onwards,” she said, extending her hand for a high five while you went for a handshake. You both laughed hard at the awkwardness.

“Excuse me Ms. Sooyoung and Ms. ____. Are you done laughing? Can we start the class now?” asked the teacher.

Then you realised the class was really silent and all eyes were on you and Sooyoung. You can feel your cheeks and ears slowly become hot and red.

“Joesong-hamnida.” You both said simultaneously.

 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It’s lunch break time. You opened your lunch box. There were rice, yesterday’s bulgogi, egg rolls and some lettuce. Just when you’re about to dig in, Sooyoung pinched your cheek.

 

“Aigoo. You’re so cute. I like this pink duck lunch box. So different.”

“Thanks. Do you want some?”

“Well. Of course. I was about to ask if you can let me taste that so-tasty-looking lunch of yours.” She smiled sheepishly.

“Haha. Here, help yourself.” You said pushing the lunch box to her side.

“Gomawo!! Here take some of my lunch. It’s nothing special but my mum made it herself this morning.”

“Ahh. I see. This looks delicious. Gomawo.”

 

Sooyoung continued talking about her family and stuff. She really does talk a lot but you don’t mind. She’s very kind and funny.

 

“Where did you get this pink duck lunch box? And I notice you have some duck keychains too. Do you really like ducks that much? It’s very rare for a girl to like ducks you know. They usually like cats, dogs or teddy bears.”

“Well. They are all gifts from my dongseng back in Busan. He really likes ducks. So he’ll make sure to get me some when he buys them.”

“Ahh. Is that so? That is very kind of him.”

 

You miss Busan. You miss that little brat, Lee Sandeul. Or as you always call him, Sanduckie because of his weird love for ducks. You can’t help but wonder what he’s up to right now. He hasn’t text you since the day you moved to Naju. You know he’s mad because you’re leaving him behind, but there’s nothing you can do. Appa cannot refuse the one in a lifetime job promotion in Naju.

 

“Ahh. He’s only 13. He’ll understand sooner or later” you mumble to yourself.

“What did you say?” asked Sooyoung.

“Oh nothing. Your mum’s cooking is really great!”

“Haha. Really? I think your mom is a better cook. This bulgogi taste like heaven!”

 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Author's note:
Hello dear readers! heart
Thanks a lot for reading my first ever fanfic.
Since I'm new at this can you give my suggestions whether or not I should use different colour font for each major character?
Would it make it easier for you guys to understand the story?
That's all. Thank you for all your kind support!
Love yaaa smiley