Their Night Together

The Island

"Hyung... I don't think this is a good idea." Se Hun whispered. The 3 minions were tiptoeing as they make their way towards Kai and Kaoru's hut. Tao was the one in front, followed by Lu Han and lastly Se Hun whose hands are on Lu Han's waist. They try to blend in the dark so that Lay and Su Ho who were still tending the campfire won't notice them.

"Then go back" Tao whispered in irritation. He earned a light shove from Lu Han, telling him to keep moving.

The 3 minions kneeled beside the hut as silently as possible. They pressed their ears close to the hut's wall. They heard groaning.

Lu Han eyes widened in shock. He covered Se Hun's ears in a hurry.

Se Hun looked like a confused puppy. He heard it. He really heard it. He was just frozen in shock.

Tao was also in shock. Are they really doing it? Oh my poor Umma. 

Lu Han motioned for Tao to go to the entrance and take a peak of what Kai and Kaoru were doing. He gestured it using his head and mouth. If it was any other situation, Tao would laugh at him. Lu Han really look like an idiot.

So Tao crawled to the entrance, taking care not to make a sound. When he got there, he took a peek. And guess what he saw? Total darkness. He couldn't see Kaoru or Kai. But he can hear them. It looks like Kaoru is on one side and Kai was all the way to the other side of the small hut. They were talking in Korean. Kai was spouting nonsence and seducing Kaoru while Kaoru was groaning in annoyance.

Tao let out a sigh and crawled back to Lu Han. He mimed that what they heard was just a misunderstanding but Lu Han and Se Hun didn't get it. They tried to decipher what Tao was trying to tell them. As they try to make out Tao's mimeing they heard Kaoru's groan again.

"Ugh!" Kaoru groaned.

".... Kai!" Kaoru screamed his name.

Lu Han and Se Hun were shaking in anger. They were ready to storm in but Tao tried to stop them with his wushu moves. He wrestled them to the ground as silently as possible. The 3 of them were a tangled mess on the ground.

Lu Han was mouthing at Tao to let him go.

Tao grabbed Lu Han's jaw and forced Lu Han to look at him. He mouth "relax". Lu Han shook his head to get rid of Tao's hold.

Se Hun's head was locked inside Tao's other arm. He tapped on Tao's arm frantically to let him go. This thnake eyed panda is strangling him.

_______________________________________________

Meanwhile on the other side of the wall, Kaoru was irritated of Kai's yapping. She could strangle him right now, then she wouldn't have to worry about him telling the others about the tracker. It's perfect, taking care of the body is pretty easy, drag it off to Yoshi's side of the island and voila! Kai's body is taken care of. It sound pretty much easy but executing it would be hard. She have to deal with the other guys' drama and whatnot after his unfortunate death which is too much of a pain in the to deal with. Who knows? They might get depressed over it and she just didn't like dealing with depressed people. Well a girl could only dream about it right?

 "I'm tired and I just want to sleep. I'm sick of your stupid inuendos. So please. Shut. The. . Up. and. SLEEP!"

Kaoru really is tired but she's waiting for Kai to sleep so that she can sneak outside and sleep on her tree instead or sleep by the campfire, keeping whoever is in charge of stoking the campfire company. For sure it would be Lay. She thought glumly. She find Lay annoying, not his attitude, he's an okay person but his existence is just annoying for Kaoru. She doesn't know why she doesn't like Lay when he never did anything to annoy her. Maybe because she just doesn't like him period. Although she doesn't like Lay, he's a better company than Kai because he's not the type who will try anything funny while she's asleep and he doesn't talk much which is a plus. The guys seems lots in his own world. They can ignore each other and she's more than fine with that.

"Fine. I'll stop." Kai grumbled. He was on his side facing Kaoru who was also on her side facing him. There was huge empty space between them and right down in the middle was a space not covered by a coconut frond. Kaoru drew a line on that space in the sand the second she step inside their so called hut. She warned him not to cross it 'coz if he does, she will not hesitate to kill him.

Just the way she said it brought shivers down his spine. She said it with intent. She was not joking at all.

"Good night, Kaoru." Kai said softly, giving up. He didn't even dare to bring up their deal. He knew that there's no witness in sight. Who knows what Kaoru would do to him if he piss her off? He kinda had an idea because he somewhat experienced it first hand. He cringe at the thought if she does more than hair pulling and nail scratching.

"Mmm" Kaoru said with eyes close "That's Onee-sama to you." She corrected him.

_____________________________________________________

Back with the 3 minions. They were still on the ground. Tao let go of the duo as he felt them relax on his hold.

"I told you it was a misunderstanding," Tao whispered in Lu Han's ear. Lu Han wiggled like a worm to keep himself from giggling then he pushed Tao's head away from his ears.

Lu Han dusted off the sand after he got up and took Tao and Se Hun's hand. He drag the 2 maknaes away as silently as possible. When they were safely in their hut, Se Hun spoke first.

"You almost killed me, Tao!"

"Sorry, I didn't mean too. If Noona heard us, she'll be really dissappointed. You know how she doesn't like people snooping on her."

"I think their relationship is a fake." Lu Han said. The 2 guys snapped their head at the eldest.

"Umma really sound like she's irritated by that bastard."

"Why would they fake it, Hyung?" Se Hun ask.

"Maybe the idiot blackmailed her or something of that sort. Did you notice how stiff she was earlier? Noona's mood turned sour the instant he kick Se Hun."

"I saw the look on Umma's face when you and Se Hun left, gege. It looked like she was telling you guys to stay."

"Really!?" The Hunhan duo said it together.

"That's it. We'll save Noona from that ."

"Let's go!" Se Hun stood up but Tao stopped him.

"Where are you going?"

"To save noona from that bastard of course."

"No, Se Hun. We need a plan. We can't just storm in there and drag noona away. You'll put noona in a bind. What if that bastard will reveal whatever he has against noona? noona will be so devastated."

"And we'll just let noona stay with that bastard tonight? I don't think so. That bastard might do something funny."

"I don't like it too, Se Hun. But there's nothing we can do about it. We'll just have to trust noona to protect herself from that bastard. I don't think noona will just let him off that easy if he does something funny."

Tao nodded, agreeing with Lu Han. " Tomorrow we'll attack. Tonight we plan!"

So the 3 minions gathered around in a circle as they plan ways to deliver capital punishment to Kai.

_____________________________________________________

For the past 15 minutes, Kai kept shifting his position. For some reason he just couldn't sleep. He was used to having pillow talk with D.O until he falls asleep. And Kaoru in close proximity is not helping. His mind tells him not to sleep. It would be too much of a waste to let this oppurtunity pass. If he can't do any skinship with her tonight, then he might as well use this opportunity to talk to her. So he opened his eyes and look at Kaoru's outline.

"Kaoru, Are you still awake?"

"That's Onee-sama to you." Kaoru said lazily. When is this guy going to sleep?! Kaoru was screaming in her head.

"Just shut up and sleep."

"I can't sleep." Kai complained.

Kaoru groaned. "Do you want my assistance? 'coz I'd be happy to punch the living daylights out of you."

Kai ignored Kaoru's nasty idea of help.

"Can we talk instead until I fall asleep?" Kai asked nicely. He was kinda tired of fighting with Kaoru. She just wouldn't give in. He thought girls like it when guys reveal their true intentions. He confessed to Kaoru multiple times already in 3 different language but still Kaoru never spared him a glance. She wouldn't even flirt back. She just gives him the cold shoulder. He's been thinking that she was playing hard to get but is she really playing hard to get or she just didn't like him at all? Was he in denial all along? He can't help it. He just like her and he felt something when he kissed her. Didn't she feel something? She must've felt something right? Right? She should feel something? Or is he just kidding himself into thinking that she felt something. He didn't want to blackmail her earlier but it just happened. It seemed like a good idea that time. A good idea for him to spend more time with her and probably, if possible, do a little more than skinship, run his tongue on her neck and nip it. He would lie if he would not admit that he is ually attracted to her.

"Talk" Kaoru said but she was ready to tune him out when he starts talking.

"I think I love you."

Kaoru rolled her eyes. Not this again.

"You think? Which means you're not sure."

"No no no. I know that I love you."

"That sort of confession is overused. People in a relationship say it to each other all the time and if they meet someone new they break up. Married couples say it all the time and years later they filed a divorce."

"I don't understand why you keep rejecting me. I fell for you because you're different. How should I say it then? God! I'm so desperate. I feel so pathetic. You're the only girl that got me so worked up."

"If you feel so pathetic then stop pursuing. Simple as that."

"My intentions are true! I can't just stop pursuing you okay?" Kai was frustrated. He was getting so worked up about it but Kaoru is talking to him like she was talking about the weather with no care at all which really hurt.

Kaoru snorted.

"Do you hate me that much?" Kai said hurt evident in his voice.

"you're annoying. I'll give you that." Kaoru said it with no remorse.

Kai sighed " Why do you always reject my confession? It hurts so much."

"I reject it for a reason. And that reason was clear enough. You're the only one who just reject my rejection all the time. I. don't. like. you. at. all. okay? at all. I don't like you. The first time I met you. I never like you and it didn't change. So tell me? how is it that you don't understand? Do you want me to say it in Japanese too? Or would you prefer English?"

Kai's heart ached. He was never rejected by a girl like this before. He knew that he had the upperhand but for some reason he's just opening up to her like the idiot that he is. Even though he knows that Kaoru would never hold back on her nasty comment, he still kept embarassing himself with his cheesy confession.  He must be so in love with her to let her get away with insulting him.

"I feel the same way you did when we met but I soon develop these feelings. I admit that I feel ually attracted to you at first. I still do. I don't want to lie. What's the point right? You want my true intentions after all. So this is it. These are my honest feelings. What more do I have to reveal? I don't even care if you brag about it to your friends about how pathetic I am right now confessing to you. Sell this conversation to a gossip column. I don't care. And I'm sorry for what happened earlier. You don't have to forgive me because I know that I don't deserve it. I just want you so much."

"Gee. I'm fluttered." Kaoru said dryly.

A tear escaped Kai's eyes. Why is he even keeping on with showing her his weak side?

"Kaoru...." His voice cracked. "Did you not feel something at least? When we kissed, did you not feel something at all?"

"I did feel something"

Kai couldn't believe his ears so he had to clarify.

"You felt something?" He ask hopefully.

"Uh-huh." Kaoru said nonchalantly, " I felt something alright. I felt the urge to snap your neck. and that's Onee-sama to you." Kaoru lied. It's better this way. The truth was she felt a spark when Kai forced her lips onto his, It took every drop of her self control not to kiss him back. Out of all the guys, Kai was the one she was attracted with. She like his dark skin and his piercing gaze. There were times she was lusting for Kai but he doesn't need to know that because if she tells him this, she might raise his hopes up for nothing. She knew that nothing would ever come of their relationship. She's from a Yakuza family. He's a popstar who was 8 years her junior. Their world is just too different. Way too different. She might not be in the inner circle yet but she knows sooner or later she'll have to activate her tracker and join her brother and grandfather, either willingly or under duress. Knowing her elusive grandfather, he would probably do something to drive her into activating the tracker and that includes using Kai if ever she'll form an attachment to him.

"Give me a chance...... Please. I want you to know the real me. I know I'm a cocky bastard. I know I have flaws but just give me a chance." Kai begged.

She didn't want to take chances because she might develop feelings for him and get too attached. It would get in the way with her plans for sure and make things more complicated. She needs to keep a clear mind. She can't afford any distractions at all.

"No, Kai. It's better this way. When we leave this island, we're going on our separate ways so it's pointless to pursue this relationship. Plus you'll meet more girls around your age."

"I only want you. And age doesn't matter." Kai knows he looked really pathetic right now but he doesn't care.

Kaoru groaned. He's making it really hard for her.

"Kai. Listen. You're not the one I'm looking for in a guy."

"I'll do anything for you. I'll cherish you. I can provide for you. I can protect you. Please let me take care of you."

"I can stand on my own Kai. I'm financially capable and as for protection. You're the one that needs protecting. The qualities I want for a guy is someone who excels in something I'm not good at. Who can protect me better than myself. Can you do that? Can you protect me better than myself?"

Kai wiped his tears. He can't. She's right. He hate to admit it but she's right. He was just an idol after all. A rookie idol. An immature rookie idol.

"Thought so. Now go to sleep. Hate on me if that makes you feel better."

"I will never hate on you. I love you too much." Kai whispered. "I know that you find me immature now. But In time I'll work hard to be responsible so that I can perfectly protect you."

Kaoru took out her penlight. She directed the light at Kai. Kai winced at the sudden bright light. Now he felt what it's like to be in a holding cell for questioning.

"Oh?" Kaoru challenged. "Even from my own grandfather?" The second he finds out that she's from a yakuza family, he'll back off. Kaoru's sure of it. He'll probably pretend that their conversation never happened. A normal guy would not meddle in Yakuza business after all.

"Even from your own grandfather. I'll protect you." Kai claimed.

Kaoru laughed.

Kai scowled. He's suspecting that Kaoru's grandpa must be a powerful person. Even with his suspicion, he still thinks he can take on the old guy if it means keeping Kaoru to himself.

"Really?" She snorted. She decided right then to tell him that she is from an ill reputed family and a dangerous one at that to drive him away. Why didn't she think of this before? He'll probably be scared of her activting the tracker and come face to face with real yakuzas.

"I'm not scared of your grandfather."

His voice sound determined.

"Okay. I'll save you from further embarassing yourself with your love confessions." Kaoru paused. She smirked at the thought of revealing her real identity to Kai. Why didn't she even thought of this. " My grandfather is a Yakuza. He's not just a Yakuza. He's the head. So tell me, how are you going to protect me from the head of a yakuza family? How? I'll give you a chance. You can have your way with me depending on your answer. Or let me guess. You're going to back out are you? Give me a bull answer then to save yourself from the embarassment."

Kai was silent. She must be bluffing.

"You're joking."

"No, I'm not."

"You're just saying that to scare me, to get the upperhand."

Kaoru smirked.

"I'm not lying. Why would I?"

"Prove it." She didn't sound convincing.

"Tell me, why would they put a tracker on me?"

"They put a tracker on you because you're an heiress."

"You can say that. That's more of an elegant way to put it. It's just that the business empire that I'll be a part of is mostly in the black market. If you need an organ transplant just let me know. Want some coccaine? I'll hook you up with our supplier. If you want to gamble in Korea or in Japan, give me a call. If you want to eliminate someone, I'll personally book you an assassin."

Kai laughed at how outrageous her claim was. He couldn't believe it. Who would?

"See Kai, even if I activate the tracker. They will only come for me and Dan. They'll probably leave the rest of  you here in this island."

"Why would you prefer to keep the tracker a secret from the other boys then?"

"I don't want Kris to know."

Kai scoffed " Is his opinion that important to you?" He was jealous.

"Yes." Kaoru answered the truth. She didn't like Kris to know because she'll have to explain to him and he might become hostile to her or worst to Dan if she won't activate the tracker. The worst thing that could happen if Kris knows is that he'll guilt trip her into doing it. It's better if he'll hate her, at least it was easier to hate him back. And don't forget Se Hun, Tao, and Lu Han, they will be dissappointed. Baek Hyun would most probably hate her which is fine. He can go hostile on her for all she cares just don't show her a dissappointed look.

"A made up secret or not, I'm hurt. You're not telling Kris because you don't want him to hate you but you told me because you don't really care what I thought of it?"

"True."

Kai cringed. He's been delusional all along.

"Even if it's true, How sure are you that I'm going to keep it from the rest of the boys huh?!" Kai challenged. He'll probably put her under the bus for making him confess,  for rejecting him, for beating him up earlier and for hurting his pride.

"Oh you will. You're not in a position to threathen me, Kai. You don't know what I'm capable of."

Kai kept his mouth shut. She just threathened him. The way she said it scared him. It sound like she's not bluffing at all.

"So? Are you still going to say that you love me and you'll protect me? And what else did you say earlier? that you'll cherish me?" She laughed as she mocked him. "Wanna come over to the dark side and be with me forever? You'll have to kiss your idol career goodbye. You can't help me run the business while being an idol at the same time." She burst out in a fit of laughter. She stopped laughing when her penlight flickered a few times and went out.

"Oh no...." She gasped. "I guess that's that for this light." She talked loudly. "You serve me well now go rest in peace." She said it in a playful manner but Kai cringed at the words that came out of .

"Good night, Kai. Sweet nightmares." She mocked and laughed.

He surprised himself by saying, "Know that I still love you. My feelings won't change overnight and I'm sorry for forcing myself on you. Goodnight, Oneesama."

Kaoru bit her lip. This was not the outcome she wanted. This will be hard for her knowing that he still like her sincerely even with her sick family background. She might end up liking him. This is not good! She was silent for awhile trying to think of a comeback as quick as possible. Her silence would mean that he hit her hard and she didn't want that.

"Yeah, yeah, whatever." She said it as carelessly as possible but mentally she was disgusted at her self for being so pathetic and getting worked up over a boy 8 years her junior.

Kai didn't say anything and that mark the night that Kai became a man. Although he didn't get rid of his ity yet, he was proud of himself for accepting Kaoru despite her family background. He must really love her so much then. He felt ashamed of himself for even blackmailing her. If he could turn back time, he would go back and respect her instead of using her secre against her.

Tonight he will sleep, tomorrow he will give Kaoru her space. He'll accept her rejection but it doesn't mean he will give up on her.

___________________________________________

tbc