T H R E E

F I R E F L I E S - at - S U N S E T
 
 
 
 
 
 


 

 

 

The Priestess Princess stood at a tower looking towards the Northern Kingdom's direction, the land of the enemy.
 
And just beyond the Jinsseng Hills is the Daesung plains, the middle ground between the warring kingdoms.A place where the Final battle is set to start at the first light of the sun.
 
 
 
Looking over her people
 
all the men are scouring time to prepare for the last battle - sharpening swords & pierces, and making arrows left & right.
 
Women were helping in the preparations for the battle the battle that would decide the fate of their kingdom...
 
The children were sitting in the corner, forbidden to move, to play and to be comforted by their mothers...
 
Hatred surged in to her heart. This war that was started by the Northern Water kingdom. Their greediness has turned her people heart's full of fear, hatred and uncertainty...
 
 
 
She clasped the Royal Binyeo in her hand. The Gift that was given to her by the man that wasn't suppose to make her heart waver...
 
He was The enemy, the Ruthless Prince and son of the conqueror, & the one threathening her people and her land..
 
In next rising he will come forth to massacre her people, plunder their land & kill all her family. He was a coward, a blood thirsty Killing machine & a heartless pawn of his fathers greed
 
His words of promise didn't mean a thing, 'His gentle proclamation was another strategy of conquering', thought the Priestess Princess..
 
The Priestess Princess hardened her heart to any emotion.
 
 
 
 
She was the First Daughter & successor in the land of the Southern Sand...
She was the Highest Priestess in the Holy Temple of Jongshi...
She was the promised lady of the heavens..
 
She wasn't suppose to feel a tingling sensation for any man and she will not be swayed by a few gentle words of the Enemy Prince...
 
 
A soft knock was heard from her room, it was her most trusted guard Tomo, "Gong Joo, The Emperor  requests to talk with you.."
 
The priestess opened the door and walked with royal guard Tomo. She passed her sister's rooms -- Princess Seungyeon and Cole. She can still hear the hard weeping through the thick doors. She paused each time she was by their door, praying that her sisters would have a better life once the war is over...
 
She arrived at the Emperors receiving room and she was announced, "the highest Priestess Princess has arrived, you majesty.." Tomo announced. The doors were opened and she entered like an eternal Goddess and princess that she was called to be...
 
"wuri Gong Joo.." the king spoke
 
she kneeled before her father & her king as a sign of respect..
 
"Your majesty, i have come at your bid & will.."
 
"my daughter, rise.."
 
Her father stood up & stood infront of her, "in the next rising the battle will commence.."
"our people would be in danger and you are the only that can protect them...
"you are the only one that can guide them.."
"You are the only one that must see through that our line survives.."
"You are the only one that I trust my daughter.."
 
The emperor saw some hesitation in his Successor's stance. He needed to make her fight for her people, he needed to convince her it was the right thing..
 
..It was her destiny to fight and lead her people..
"remember your sister Sunghee.."
"remember how she died at the hands of the enemy..."
"remember my daughter, the enemy has no heart..."
"they have no heart, & so must you..."
 
 
 
The last words of the King was the last push for the priestess princess...
The priestess princess stood beside her father, her resolved cemented.
'tomorrow, i will finally get justice for you sister..'
 
 
and the Princess has  finally decided to met her enemy in the battle field...
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
and this is the fateful
Fireflies at Sunset
 
 
 
 
 
always and forever a triple S