Awkward

Completely Different

"Saturday at... 6?" he said as he scratched the back of his neck.

"Uh yeah, sure," you replied, blushing.

You could just feel the awkward in the air. You were really nervous, would it be like this on the date?

You had tried to make small talk, but after several failed attempts, you both ended up looking everywhere, except for at each other.

~~~

Finally, everyone had started to leave, so you said your awkward goodbye to D.O.

"Bye! See you tomorrow!" you tried to say enthusiastically.

"See you," he smiled.

As soon as everyone was gone, your friend ran over to you.

"What was that?" she asked, sounding slightly disgusted.

"What?"

"You guys were so... so... awkward."

"I don't know... Why do I do this to myself?" you said, your eyebrows knitting together.

"So what happened after I left?"

"Well, not much to be honest. He asked me out, I said yes, but after it was all 'let's not look at each other or even talk okay'" you said, making a weird voice when you said the last part.

"When?"

"Tomorrow at 6."

"Where?"

"Crap. I don't know! How do I dress? It probably won't be anything fancy... right?"

"Uh..."

"And he doesn't even know where I live! How will he know where to pick me up? Is he picking me up?" you questioned continuously, never taking a breath.

"Calm. Down. Now," your friend instructed.

"Sorry, but what do I do?" you asked.

"Just call him?" she suggested.

"I don't have his number," you said.

"That's okay, I do!" she said as she picked up the phone and started to dial in the number.

"Wai—" you started to protest, but the phone was midway through its ring when someone answered.

"Hello?"