♡ 1st Member: Sora

♡ LOYOLA ━ APPLY OPEN

SM ENTERTAINMENT REVEALS LOYOLA'S FIRST MEMBER  SORA

by certified_dreamer - 3 hours ago                                                                  99195 views | 8629 comments

 

Three hours after the statement, SM Entertainment have decided to reveal the first member of the new idol group on the scene, Loyola.

Her name is Kwon Sooyeon. She is 18 years old, being born on the 28th of December in the Philippines, and raised in Incheon, South Korea. The Korean-Filipina formerly trained in Cube Entertainment for a year and a half before she transferred to SM Entertainment, training there for three years now. She is said to be the group's Main Dancer and Sub Vocalist.

Before debuting, she was once featured as a back-up dancer to SNSD's TaeTiSeo "Twinkle" music video.

Below is her full profile:

Name: Kwon Sooyeon

Stage Name: Sora

Date of Birth: December 28, 1993

Place of Birth: Philippines

Hometown: Incheon, South Korea

Group Position: Main Dancer and Sub Vocalist

  


 

‘Everyone’s a critic.’

It’s not about who is who or how good or amazing they are anymore. Everyone just needed something to criticize about. Someone to talk bad when nobody wants to listen. Someone to make them feel better when they are disgusted to look at themselves in failure. Someone to voice out their own opinions when nobody even cares about it. Of course, Sooyeon knows a thing or two about criticism. Heck, she knows it like the back of her hand. Since she was young, she would always criticize about what people do – ranging from the clothes they wore to their scores in the test to the problems they have – but that’s not because she is a ruthless person with no heart. No, she’s just a person who just wants her opinions to be heard. Of course, she discarded this habit once she joined SM Entertainment, but sometimes could really get the best of her. During her days in SM Entertainment as a trainee, she was always hit with constant criticism from her fellow trainees to her instructors. And as a result, she would always find something to retort back at them. Many of the trainees dislike her because of her ruthless way with words, but ironically, Mr. Lee Soo Man, the head of the company she is currently training in, actually found her straightforward-ness to be highly amusing.

Now, back to the criticism.

Sooyeon’s frown deepened as she continued to scroll down her phone to read the several comments left by the netizens who learned about the surprising news of the debut of the new idol girl group, LOYOLA. Sooyeon found out herself that she was one of the members to debut in LOYOLA, not that she actually mind. In reality, she was graciously grateful that she can finally relive her dream to debut as an idol in the world of K-Pop. Of course, it was going to be no easy road, but at least she could finally live her dream, right?

“SM Entertainment is putting too much weight on their shoulders…”

“Another girl group? Just effing great.”

“Meh, I couldn’t care less.”

“Hey! What about EXO and TaeTiSeo?!”

“Can they actually live up to their sunbaes’ potential? Let’s see what they got then.”

The criticism itself didn’t actually scratched a bit on Sooyeon’s pride, but what worries her is how their debut would turn out to be. It’s only a few hours since SM Entertainment released the statement, and there had been a lot of haters already. Sure, there were also those who were happy and excited to see a new group debuting, but it was mostly haters bashing the page with their hateful comments. She doesn’t really give a damn about it, but she’s worried about the other trainees who would soon to be her fellow members. During those two years she had trained in SM Entertainment, there were some trainees who look tough and all, but she could see under that façade of theirs that they are people who couldn’t handle criticism and hateful comments well. Will their debut go as well as she hopes it would be? Well, only one could hope.

Then, Sooyeon felt a presence of someone as he or she took a seat beside her. Normally, one would be completely surprised or scared when a person just appeared next to you from out of the blue, but not Sooyeon. She could feel the familiarity of this presence like she had known it for a very long time now. Without even turning to that person, a wry smile found its way to her face as she said, “What brings you here, Changmin-sunbae?”

“Nothing. I thought I might visit my favorite hoobae.” The maknae of TVXQ said with a cheeky smile. “And when will you ever stop calling me ‘sunbae’? Please, ‘oppa’ would have been much better. ‘Sunbae’ makes me sound old.”

“When will you ever stop appearing next to me out of nowhere?” Sooyeon retorted, her eyes never taking off the screen of her phone. Then, she raised an eyebrow. “And since when was I your favorite hoobae, Changmin-sunbae?”

“Just now.” Changmin replied, peering over Sooyeon’s shoulder to read the Allkpop article that was flashing on her phone. “So, watcha looking at?”

“Obviously, it’s the latest news of Allkpop, blockhead,” Sooyeon said, rolling her eyes.

“Yah! You watch your mouth, woman! Treat your sunbaes with more respect!” Changmin said in a furious manner, but his eyes told her that he was only joking around. Sooyeon chuckled, and finally turned to the maknae of TVXQ. “Why? Going to run to Yunho-sunbae and tell him about me? Ooh… I’m scared.”

He sighed heavily, “They weren’t kidding about you being the sarcastic and mean with words.”

“Well, that’s me, the Ruthless Queen of Words. Whoop-tee-freaking-doo.” She said, her words heavily tinted with sarcasm. Then, she her phone towards him. “And here, Changmin-oppa, so you would stop bombarding me with questions.”

Changmin gave her a glare before he proceeded to read the article that Sooyeon was reading. She noticed that his frown deepened as he read the news further. When he reached the end of the page, he gave the phone back to Sooyeon and shook his head in dismay. “Man, those haters really gave out harsh criticism, and they didn’t even get to know the group yet!”

Sooyeon smiled wryly. “Everyone’s a critic, sunbaenim. Either you give a about it, or don’t give a at all.”

“Better to keep your mouth shut then, especially if people don’t really care about your pointless criticism.” Changmin said, shaking his head. “And you’re not at least one bit affected of it?”

“Nope,” Sooyeon answered, a cheerful smile on her face. “Why would I, the Great Kwon Sooyeon, be pissed off because of those hateful comments? It would take more than that to make a huge blow to my pride.”

“Narcissist.”

“Blockhead.”

The two continued to stare at each other for several minutes. Then, Changmin broke their heated staring competition as both of them burst out in laughter. They stayed in that state for a few seconds, before the laughter died down between the two of them. Even though the laughter faded away, the two remained feeling light-headed from that hearty laugh.

“So, is the Great Kwon Sooyeon ready for her debut?” Changmin asked.

“You know I am, Changmin-sunbae. Besides, don’t call  me Sooyeon anymore. It’s Sora.”


 

A/N: Again, it's more crappy than I thought it would be. I think my writing skills are going rusty. T~T
Anyways, I will update the next chapter once I can finally pick the next member from one of the applicants. *which will take a lot of debating*
Au revoir! :)