1.0

b a b y d o n ' t c r y . oneshot


We were both sitting on the bench under the cherry blossom tree, Luhan softly leaned his head onto mine. I smiled, as I looked down at his face, carefully examining his pretty facial features. I gave a small smooch on his forehead which he only chuckled at. He whispered in a small voice just so only I could hear.

 

“I'm glad I went to you.”

 

 

 

flashback

 

 

He looked at me with his cute round eyes. As I started to feel a little hot on my cheeks, I found it hard to say it what I planned to say. His expression became confused.

 

Don’t hesitate any more”

 

“Sehun, is there anything wr-”

 

“LUHAN, I LOVE YOU!” I shouted, while blushing.

 

Luhan's eyes widened. The confession took him by surprise, but his face immediately turned into a sorry face, as he realized what I had said to him.

 

“Sehun-ah,” He said in a small, sorrowful voice.

 

I put my head down as I knew what his response was. Inside, I felt like my heart was to break apart.

 

if it’s not me but someone else”

 

“I'm sorry, but I have someone I like.” He said to me. My heart felt like it had shattered into pieces, even though I knew it was going to happen, I still reacted sadly. I forced a small laugh.

 

“I-It's okay. I didn't expect you to like me back..” Before he could say anything, I ran off. I couldn't look at his face anymore. My heart hurts so much, I couldn't bear the pain. I kept running and my legs had lead me to the place where Luhan and I met. I looked at the familiar cherry blossom tree, and memories of our first meeting came to me. I sighed and rested my head on the tree and soon, falling asleep with my broken heart.

 

- -

 

I woke up just to hear Luhan's voice. I peeked on the other side of the tree, which had a fence. Through the fence, I could see Luhan blushing as if he was confessing.

 

“Xiumin.. I like you.” Xiumin gave a little smile while Luhan was blushing like mad.

 

“Let's date then.” Xiumin said. Luhan gave Xiumin a look of surprise and happiness. Luhan smiled ever so bright and happily.

 

“Okay!” He replied with an enthusiastic voice.

 

I looked at them with a gloomy face. So the one that Luhan likes was Xiumin. I went back on the other side of the tree but accidentally stepped on a twig, making a huge crack sound. I quickly checked if they heard me. They did.

 

baby don't cry cry”

 

They were both looking at me with surprised faces. Especially Luhan. I was in shock and my words were caught up in my throat. Luhan looked at me with a worried expression. That just hurt more in my heart.

 

I shouldn't have confessed, now I don't think we can ever look at each other the same. I shut my eyes tight, not wanting to hear any pitiful words.

 

“Looks like somebody heard us.” Xiumin said with a smirk. I looked at Xiumin with a bad feeling. Something told me that this wasn't a guy Luhan should date. It must've been my imagination I thought.

 

“Well, I'll see you around then, Luhan.” Xiumin waved and walked off. Luhan smiled and waved back. His smile turned into a forced one when he looked at me.

 

I didn't want to see this.

 

“Sehu-” He was about to say something.

 

“Luhan,” I quickly cut him off. “I don't want to hear anything.” He immediately stopped talking. I forced a small smile.

 

“Good luck with everything,” I looked at him with my smile. “I'm sure Xiumin will be great to you.” I couldn't believe I said those words. My mouth acted by itself. It made me even more upset saying such words to Luhan.

 

I walked away in silence.

 

you won’t end up turning to foam”

 

-

 

It was midnight and I was in my apartment, I opened my eyes. They felt like heavy bags. I guess I felt tired of crying and fell asleep on my dining table. I could hear a light knock on my door. I lifted myself up and trudged towards the door with heavy steps. I turned the handle and opened the door.

 

“Who is i-” I stopped as I saw Luhan standing there with his head down, so I couldn't see his face. I instantly began to worry and I felt some confusion too. I was about to ask him why he was here when I saw something drop on the floor. They were tears.

 

Love shine like a light

even the moon close it’s eyes”

 

 

I immediately lifted his head up to make sure if I was seeing correctly. The moon shined just enough light for me to see his tearful face. I dragged him inside, and shut the door. I quickly seated him down on the couch and gathered some tissues, wiping the tears off for him.

 

baby don’t cry tonight”

 

I was getting more and more worried. At this moment, I didn't care what happened, I just wanted him to stop crying, to stop feeling pain. If he felt pain, I did too. I patted his head and his lovely, silky hair.

 

“Luhan, it's okay.”

 

like nothing happened”

 

He cried even more hearing my words. He took me in for a hug, which surprised me. It felt good. To be in his arms, in his embrace, I felt warm and loved. I accepted the hug, and hugged him back. I patted his back, intending to comfort him.

 

through the darkness”

 

After a while, he was still hugging me, but he had stopped crying. He hugged me tighter.

 

“Xiumin broke up with me.” I had a sudden urge of telling him off and saying he shouldn't love someone like him, but I knew it wasn't the time to say it. I kept silent.

 

“I thought he loved me too, when he said we could date,” I felt a tear on my shirt. This time I tightened the hug.

 

burn out the scars that he had made”

 

“I tried my best, but he said I was boring.” I broke our hug and looked at his teary eyes. I closed my eyes and put his forehead against mine.

 

“You will never be boring to me.” I smiled and sweetly whispered to him. Luhan lightly hit my forehead with his.

 

just take my heart please.”

 

“You're embarrassing me.” I looked at his slightly blushed face. Although he still had the hint of sadness in him, he looked mega cute to me. I also slightly blushed at the cheesy line I said. He looked at me in the eyes, with determination. I looked at him back, wondering what he was going to say. He finally spoke softly with his sweet voice, but it was firm.

 

“You still love me, right?”

 

I will guard you with my love.”