But Cameras Aren't Allowed Here

I'm Sorry

"You're back again?" Kris enters your room once again. It's his third visit.

"You've been here for three years, you need to cheer up."

"Kris."

"Yes?"

"I'm in a mental hospital. How do you cheer up?"

He pulls a bouquet of your flowers out from behind his back. "Like this. I brought them to replace that plastic one in the vase over there."

Your spirits liften a bit, nobody has ever done anything like this for you. You can't help but smile. "Thanks."

"Your welcome." He puts the fresh flowers in the same vase as the plastic one, leaving the plastic one in. "You have a nice view here."

"Yeah, but it doesn't make up for the fact I hear insane laughter every night on a daily basis."

"You know, you seem pretty sane." You roll your eyes. Of course I'm sane. What did you think? That this was a mental asylum?

"I'm fine." You look down.

"Then why are you in here?"

You remain silent. Because that one hour in the warehouse back when I was sixteen was like being trapped for fifteen years in a small little box.

"Oh sorry is that a touchy subject?"

"No it's fine. I was just...thinking."

"You don't have to tell me if you don't want to."

"I was a victim of the Executioner Killer."

Kris's eyes go wide, and you're afraid they might fall out. "Bu-but how? Didn't he kill all his victims?"

"What? It was in the newsspaper. In his last batch of victims before he killed himself, there was an undercover police officer who foiled his plan. Five of his victims survived, and I was one of them."

Kris shut his eyes for a second before opening them again. "Ahhh yes I remember. Thats right! Your name was in the newspaper. Sunghee Jung...No wonder it sounded so familiar."

Why would he remember one name in a newspaper from three years ago?

"I was always fascinated with the Executioner Killer. Ehh well I mean he was interesting. The way he killed his victims and stuff...Umm well I mean not like cool or anything..."

"It's okay Kris."

"Sorry..."

He looks down at the floor a little embarrassed. You giggle. He's so cute when he's embarrassed.

"Hey are you laughing?!" You burst into laughter.

"I'm sorry, sorry! You just look so funny like that!"

"Like what?"

"When you're embarrassed! I'm not used to seeing you like that! You always look so serious!"

His embarrassed face quickly turns back to his usual serious face. "You shouldn't laugh because of that!" He snaps.

"Well you shouldn't be so serious all the time." It makes your face look ugly.

That evening as he boards the white van home, you wave from your room, and he waves back, with the same serious face.

Kris smile next time please.

~~~

"Back again?!" You put your hands on your hips. It's his tenth visit.

"Well you're my friend, aren't you?"

"I don't know am I?"

"Well I consider you as my friend."

"I consider you as my friend as well."

"Do you ever get sick of this room? Of this place?" He's staring out the window with you.

"Yes of course. I haven't been outside this hospital in a very long time."

"Are you allowed to?"

"No, of course not."

"You seem pretty sane to me. You deserve more freedom then this hospital." Kris are you a ? There is a ing lock on my door. All I know is this tiny room.

"I'm not mentally stable."

"What are you talking about?"

"I'm insane."

"Ha ha very funny Sunghee. Oh and before I forget..." His hand dives into the small paper bag he was holding. A tiny present pops out.

"Whats this?"

"A gift for you duh."

You rip back the pink wrapping paper, revealing a small stationary set. The paper has cute little animals all over it, and there are matching envelopes. Theres even a pen that changes ink colors.

This looks like it's for a little girl.  But the thought of Kris roaming through a store looking for a gift for you warms your heart.

"Thanks. Now I can write letters to myself."

"Heh well...I just thought you might like it...Because you seem like they type of girl who..."

"Who...?" He's getting embarrassed again.

"Uhh well I don't know! I'm not good with girls!"

"Are you saying you like me?"

"Yes! Well no, I mean, like as a friend I like you. Not like a lover or like something like that...I mean it's not like your not loveable or anything."

"That enough Kris, you're going to kill me!" You laugh.

His red face quickly turns back to it's usual expression.

"Oh and can I get a picture?" He pulls out his cellphone.

"How did you get that in here? Cameras aren't allowed!"

"Shhh nobody needs to know. And I'd just like a picture of you smiling. For memories you know?"

"Fine whatever." You smile. I'd like a picture of you too...

"Umm did you want a picture of me?" He blushes.

"Uhh yeah. Here I'll take it." His smile is small, but it's cute.

"I'll print it out for you or something and give it to you."

"Are you sure you didn't want that picture because you love me?" You joke.

"Whatever. I'll see you tomorrow." he says.

"Oh please no." Oh please yes.

~~~~~~~~

I appologize if this chapter isn't very exciting. But I need it to continue with the flow of the story, plot holes and such. I'll try to update soon. ^^