I Don't Like Him

Life's Become Fun Since You Showed Up (hiatus finished after two months)

 

*3rd Person*

“Look, Meili. I’m happy that everything worked out. I really am. But come on, be rational! You’re both teenagers! You think I’m gonna let you keep staying in the same house as him?!”

Meili sighed heavily, shifting her shoulder slightly so the phone jutted comfortably under her chin. Baekhyun had engaged yet another conversation in which he demanded a status report, and after getting over the initial shock of Kai accepting the truth comfortably, he immediately reverted back to himself, embracing the role of overprotective brother wholeheartedly.

“Look, I understand where you’re coming from, but do I really need to find a new place? You can trust him!” she smiled while running the next plate through the cycle of rinsing and drying, politely shaking her head when a maid offered to take the dishes of her.

Kai looked up at this statement from where he was seated, gently refusing the pieces of chocolate cake Sehun offered him after dinner.

It was easy to understand the context of their phone call from the one line, and Kai bit down on his thumbnail, uneasy from what he heard. He stared at the silhouette of Meili’s back, slim with suddenly noticeable curves from the dress his mother provided. He became aware of the heat that rushed unwillingly to his cheeks and sighed, exhaling puffs of warm breath with slumped shoulders.

Maybe it was for the best that Meili move out of his apartment. No matter how close they were, it wouldn’t seem right to all the others. Meili was an innocent teenage girl and Kai was-

Well, Kai was a teenage boy.

 

“Do you know what they’re talking about?” His mother materialised beside him, delicately (like everything else she did) pulling out a chair beside Kai and happily opening when Sehun poked his cake fork in the general direction of her face.

“I think her brother Baekhyun’s trying to help her move out from where she’s living now. There’s…” Kai averted his eyes, trying to search for a reason, “There’s uh, been a problem…with the…floor.”

He hadn’t always been the best liar when it came to his mother.

“Really? Oh dear…”

He nodded once, watching her skip up to Meili and yank the phone from under her chin mid-sentence.

Meili stared at her blankly, dazed at the fact that her phone now was pressed against the ear of the woman in front of her.

“Hello? Baekhyun, sweetie? This is Kai’s mom.”

“Y-yes? H-hello…Kai’s mom…”

“I heard you’re trying to find your sister a new place to live.”

“Y-yes…”

“And you’re having a hard time?”

“Yes, I’m…out of the country right now so-“

“Leave it to me!”

“Yes…wait, what?-“

The petite woman triumphantly hung up and threw the phone at a still-stunned Meili, laughing at the blank faces on both Kai and the younger girl, their eyes desperate for some kind of explanation.

“What are you doing?” Kai finally blurted, confused and slightly worried.

He did take after his mother after all.

“Your cousin is putting up his apartment for rent on the east wing of your complex. It’s pretty small and cute, Meili can easily stay there right?”

His cousin? He had a cousin living in the same complex?

Wait, no, it was impossible, she couldn’t possibly mean…

“NOOOOOOOO!” he slammed his forehead into the rugged wood, the hollow conk echoing throughout the kitchen.

Sehun reached over and rubbed his brother’s back fondly, not really understanding what was going on but wanting to be part of it nevertheless.

“The spawn of Satan was living in the same building as me this whole time?!” Kai’s cries were muffled into the wood, but his exasperation was still evident, clinging to his voice harshly.

“Kim Jongin! Watch your mouth! There is nothing wrong with Kris.”

Yes, there was nothing wrong with Kris. And that’s more than enough reason to despise him.

He was born in China, the son of Kai’s uncle on his father’s side and a popular Chinese model, resulting in what was soon to be known to the world as Wufan, better known as Kris.

He was already exotic. But no, that clearly wasn’t enough. He was good-looking, intelligent, witty, and to top it all off, a good half-a-head taller than Kai.

Not that Kai minded. He wasn’t the kind of person to not like someone just because they had more advantages in life.

He didn’t get annoyed. Not even when Kris gave the girl Kai liked chocolate milk in elementary school, or when he ripped his pants and called Kris to help him, who ended up bringing said girl with him while coming to Kai’s assistance.

No, it was on his 11th birthday, when Kris managed to scientifically prove to his cousin that Santa Claus was a fake, that’s when the hatred finally began to brew, eventually consuming his mind whenever a certain blonde giant came into conversation.

“Does she really have to live in the same place that the One who crushes dreams touched?” Kai raised his head, pleading eyes and thick, pouted lips aimed at his mother.

“Don’t worry hyung! Wufan hyung is really nice!” Sehun patted his back once again.

“You traitor…”

 


@ Coralie_X_SHINee: okay~ What about Donghae's drama? Have you seen it? O.o It looks interesting, but psshh, like I have time to watch it xD 

@ jonghyunluv: Uwahh thank you! TT.TT You're really nice..^^" Dude so much stuff has happened! You need to watch it! xD I've lost so much sleep because of it, it's so hard trying to fit drama into the schedule now that school has decided to take over everything..*sigh* what can we do, right? OTL

Hello everyone!
How are you all doing? Now that we've all settled into work and school again, I'm sure we're all under pressure and stressed and fed up again TT.TT If you are, (like me..) then hwaiting! xD We can get through it all together :3
Um..about this chapter, I know it's kind of a filler chapter, sorry! There will be one more of these before I move on to the second half, which I'm really happy to be finally, finally reaching :D
Thank you all for staying with me and reading once again, it makes me really happy! 
All right, off to study..*sniff*