Chapter One

Tangled

“The left. Left, left, left.” The annoying voice rang into the earpiece.
 

“Shut it.” Byul growled back.
 

“Sorry, it’s not like your life depends on my resources.” Kyungsoo said. That seemed to shut Byul up. “Be careful! The N.S.R is also there to take the box.”
 

“Copy that. I’m making my way left-” Byul had no chance to finish her sentence. A strong pair of arms encircled her while one hand shot up, covering . She tried to fight back but was powerless.
 

“Sh... It’s me.” The all too familiar voice whispered. The iron grip on her softened a bit and immediately, she turned around to a pair of dark brown. A crooked smile graced the man’s features. Oh, how she had missed that crooked smile of his.
 

“Byul? Byul?!” What happened?” Kyungsoo frantically questioned.
 

“Uh, nothing. I had to take a detour. There was some guards to my left. So much for your resources.” Byul mocked.
 

“That’s funny. I was sure that there were no guards in that area. I’ll find you another route.” With that, Byul momentarily turned off her earpiece and focused on the man in front of her.
 

“Kris,” she managed, “H-how’s it going?” How’s it going? That’s all she could say after a month of not seeing him?! Kris laughed at her while snaking his arms around her waist, trapping her.
 

“I missed you too,” he was teasing her, “Although the girls in Paris did keep me company.” That earned him a smack from Byul. There was that cockiness again. A light chuckle escaped from Kris. Byul, obviously angry with his repsonse, tried to hit him again but this time, he managed to stop her, saving himself from the painful slap.
 

“You know I was just kidding.” He was now dangerously close to her lips.
 

“Well, it’s not a funny joke.” Byul, not backing down, drew him even closer. As they were about to kiss, Kyungsoo’s voice rang quite loudly through the forgotten earpiece.
 

“Okay, this way’s a bit longer but I for sure know there aren’t any guards whatsoever this time.” He proudly proclaimed.
 

Damn Kyungsoo and his timing...