Bestfriends 3

Bestfriends

Yesung was frowning. P.E class would start soon and he didn’t know what they would be doing. He prayed that it would be soccer since it’s the only thing he could play well. It actually struck him as funny. When he’s playing soccer, he could run quickly and there would be no tripping or anything. He thinks that his body is betraying him somehow; that it only wants soccer for him, not that he blames his body. He loves the rush that comes when he plays soccer. 

“ Okay, class, we’re going for some track and field exercises!” Their teacher said.

Everyone around Yesung seemed excited at the idea. For them, it wasn’t that hard. You were just going to run around the track after all. Only Yesung seemed ashen. All of his hopes evaporated. He already knew what would happen. He’d trip over and over again and everyone would laugh at him. He was used to it already. He did feel less down when he saw that Hyunseung was also a little nervous.

“Hey,Seungie.” Yesung smiled.
“Hey.” Hyunseung smiled a little. “you’re not feeling to peeved, are you?”
“I could ask you the same.”
“Running isn’t. . . the best I could do.” Hyunseung rubbed his neck nervously. 
“Tell me about it.” Yesung chuckled. “Hey, at least there are two of us.”
“That’s a great relief.” Hyunseung rolled his eyes.
Yesung chuckled again. “Where’s Junhyung? He’s not with you.”
Hyunseung blushed. “He has other friends, you know.”
“But he’s usually with you.”
“Just like Kyuhyun and Kibum are to you, right?”
Yesung froze then he laughed nervously. “Something like that.”
“Don’t you miss hanging out with them? You’re gonna be stuck with me until the last period.”
“Of course I miss them but this is good, too. I feel like I rely on them too much.”
“Who are you closer to, Kibum or Kyuhyun?”
Yesung was silent for a minute. “It’s really hard to tell. I guess it’s equal.”
Hyunseung raised an eyebrow. “Is that alright with them?”
“What do you mean?”
Hyunseung looked away. “Nothing. Let’s go.” Then he tugged on Yesung’s hand.

The teacher paired them up to decide who their running partners would be. Yesung wished that Hyunseung would be his partner so he wouldn’t feel too bad. Luck was definitely not on his side. Hyunseung was paired up with Junhyung. Yesung secretly thought that Hyunseung planned it when he saw the doe eyed boy’s sparkling eyes. Hyunseung comforted the older that no one was really a good athlete in class either.

“Well, there is one, Choi Siwon.” Hyunseung hesitantly added. “But the chances of you being paired up with him is so small so don’t worry.” He smiled.
Yesung smiled back. “I guess you’re right.”
“The last pair is Siwon and Yesung! Okay, everyone start gathering around!”the teacher announced.

Junhyung chuckled when he saw the defeated face of Hyunseung and Yesung. Who would have thought? Hyunseung hit his arm, muttering something about being nice while the older was just shocked. This wasn’t his lucky day he was sure of it. 

“Why is my life like this?” Yesung whispered bleakly. “Wait, Seung, who’s Siwon?”
Hyunseung pointed to the tall, muscular guy near the middle. “That’s him.”
Siwon must have overheard them speaking because he waved to them. In a few seconds, he was standing beside the two of them. “I’m Siwon.”then he turned to Yesung. “You must be Yesung. I hope we have a friendly competition later on.”
Junhyung laughed again. “You don’t have to worry about competition,hyung.”
Siwon looked at him confusedly. “What do you mean, Junhyung?”
Hyunseung raised a hand. “Wait, how did you know each other?”
“We’re neighbours.” Junhyung simply stated. 
“I see.” Yesung mused. “Well, Siwon sshi, I hope you go easy on me today.” He sighed. “I honestly do.”
Siwon scrunched up his eyebrows. “Please call me Siwon. Why, is there something wrong with you?”
“Yeah, there is. It’s called being a klutz.” Yesung answered miserably.
Siwon chuckled. “You’re funny. Don’t worry. You can’t be that bad in running.”

But he was. Yesung was so jumpy. Their teacher picked them as the last runners meaning the whole class could stare at them because they were already finished. Hyunseung finished the track quite smoothly that the whole class cheered for him. Yesung thought that maybe the doe eyed boy did this to impress Junhyung while he still has to wait for his death, I mean his turn.

“Okay, last pair, Yesung and Siwon, go to your places.” The teacher called out.
Siwon offered his hand to Yesung. “Let’s go?”
“Let’s die.” Yesung mumbled while Hyunseung slapped his head.
“did you say something?” Siwon asked.
“Nothing.” Yesung smiled at him.

Yesung walked grudgingly to the starting line with Siwon beside him. The rest of the class was watching them, making Yesung more nervous. The teacher signalled for them to start and so they did. Siwon was already ahead of Yesung in the beginning. Yesung didn’t mind at all; he was too busy in trying not to trip. He completed the first quarter without any concussions which made him feel a lot better so he pushed on for more speed. Unfortunately, his luck seemed to run out because as he was making a turn, he suddenly tripped then rolled on the hard ground then hit his head.

“Yesung!” Hyunseung exclaimed then ran to the older.

Siwon was about to run back to help when Kibum suddenly dashed in front of him. He crouched down beside Hyunseung and wiped yesung’s bangs away from his face. His head was bleeding and so was his knees but nothing else that Kibum could say was new. He picked up the older and carried him to the clinic. The rest of hyunseung’s class were wondering how Kibum had got there so fast. 

Eunhyuk, who was kibum’s classmate, suddenly came into view. “Siwon, have you seen Kibum?”
“Yeah, he just brought Yesung to the clinic.” Siwon answered. “Wait, where was your class anyway?”
“We were on the tennis court but then Kibum suddenly dashed over the fence.”
“I see.”Siwon mumbled. “I don’t think Kibum has ever been like that before.”
“He hasn’t.” Eunhyuk confirmed. “I gotta go. Donghae’s signalling for me.” Then he turned to leave.

Meanwhile in the school clinic, the nurse had already cleaned up Yesung and said that he just needed rest. Kibum thanked her politely and the elder’s face. He sighed sadly. He was already used on yesung’s clumsiness but he honestly wishes that Yesung could take better care of himself. He gently the elder’s hair. He knew that someone would have told Kyuhyun by now what happened so he had to cherish this moment along with Yesung. When the door opened, Kibum stood up but was surprised to see Hyunseung.

“Hey, don’t look so shocked; he’s my friend too.” Hyunseung said defensively. “So, how is he?”
“He’s fine. His body is used to it by now, I guess.” Kibum replied.
Hyunseung walked over to the bed and caressed Yesung’s cheek. “He’s cute like this, don’t you think?”
“Uh, yeah.” Kibum blushed.
The doe eyed boy smiled at him. “Were you expecting Kyuhyun to come?”
“Yeah, I thought you were him.”
“You don’t have to worry about him until the next period. Our teacher gave us other exercises.”
Kibum stared at him then raised an eyebrow. “Why do I have the feeling that you did that?”
Seungie laughed. “Because I did. I figured that this may be your only chance to spend some time with Yesung alone so yeah.”
“Why?”
“You like him.”

Kibum sat on Yesung’s bed then nodded. It wasn’t even a question. It was a matter of fact. He doesn’t know anyone like Yesung and he doubt he ever will. Anyways, his heart is only looking out for this person infront of him. He knew that Kyuhyun also had a crush on the older but he wasn’t going out without a fight. 

“Ugh, my head hurts.” Yesung groaned. He slowly opened his eyes then smiled at Kibum. “Hi, Bummie.”
“Hi, Sungie. How are you feeling?” Kibum smiled back.
Yesung chuckled. “How bad was it?”
“Nothing you haven’t been through before.” Kibum frowned. “You should be kept in a bubble.”
“How will I eat?”
“I’ll feed you. If you want, I can feed you right now.” Kibum gestured to the food on his bedside table.
“I’m hungry. Feed me, Bummie.” Yesung laughed when Kibum placed a grape in his mouth.
“How does it taste?”
“It’s sweet like you.” Yesung smiled sweetly at him. 
Kibum looked down to hide his blush. “Thanks, Sungie.”
They stared at each other for a while then Yesung suddenly jumped out of bed. “Kibum, what are you doing here?!”
Kibum looked at him confusedly. “What do you mean?”
“Don’t you have classes? You’re going to be in trouble because of me!” Yesung exclaimed.
“Calm down, Sungie. I’m excused since I brought you here.”
Yesung calmed down a bit. “Are you sure? I can manage on my own.”
Hyunseung suddenly ‘coughed’. “I’m actually here, Yesung.”
“Hyunseung, when did you arrive?” Yesung asked innocently.
“I was here the whole time.” Hyunseung rolled his eyes. 
“You were?” 
“Yes, i was.”
“I didn’t notice you.”Yesung frowned.
“That’s okay. Well, I just wanted to check up on you. I’m going back.” Hyunseung waved then left.
Yesung waved back then looked at Kibum. “Was Seungie really here the whole time?”
“Yes, how come you didn’t notice?” Kibum replied amusingly.
“I don’t know. He must be mad at me.” Yesung frowned again.
Kibum caressed his cheek. “He’s not; hyunseung’s a nice person.”
“Thanks.” 
Then the school bell rang. Kibum stood up to leave. “I have to go.”
Yesung tugged on his sleeve. “Do you really have to? You said you were excused.”
“Would you like me to stay?”
“Please stay.”

Kibum stayed in the nurse’s ward while Yesung fell asleep. He held the elder’s hand with a content smile on his face. Yes, he was definitely in love with Kim Yesung.