Bestfriends

Bestfriends

Kibum woke up at the sound of his hyung’s alarm. He looked at Leeteuk and saw that the older still didn’t wake up. With a sigh, he pushed himself off the bed and turned the thing off.

“Leeteuk hyung, come on. You have to wake up. It’s your first day at work.” Kibum said while shaking his brother.
“Aww, Bummie. I was dreaming happily.” Leeteuk complained as he sat up.
“Dream later. I’m going to prepare breakfast so shower already.” Kibum said while walking out the door.
“Don’t talk to your hyung like that!” Leeteuk exclaimed then chuckled.

Kibum went down and as he said started preparing their breakfasts. He hurriedly ate the toast that he made for himself then showered as Leeteuk started to eat his food.

“Why are you in such a rush? It’s only the first day of classes. The teachers don’t expect you to be early.” Leeteuk commented.
Kibum was fully dressed when Leeteuk finished his food. “I’m going now, hyung.”
Leeteuk looked at their kitchen clock.”It’s still early, Bummie.”
“It’s not and I have to go somewhere before going to school.” He picked up his schoolbag. “And would you stop calling me Bummie?”
“Yesung calls you that and you don’t complain. What’s wrong if I call you that, too?” then something clicked in his mind. “You’re going to walk with Yesung, aren’t you?”
Kibum blushed. “Yeah. Kyuhyun’s with us though so whatever you’re thinking is not true.”
“You say Kyuhyun’s name strangely and what am I thinking? You seem to have a fairly nice guess of what goes on in my mind.” Leeteuk teased.
“I’m going.” Kibum said while he dashed out of his house only to hear his hyung’s laughter.

He slowed down when he was in a fairly nice distance from his house and started whistling. Since it was still early, there were only a few people on the streets and most of them older people. Kibum smiled at them. He felt very happy on this day and he walked faster to reach his destination.

Yesung’s house was far from kibum’s house and the school that’s why the older doesn’t want Kibum to walk with him to school often since it would be a bother. Kyuhyun on the other hand lives across Yesung and is almost at the latter’s house all the time. The three of them had been best friends since they were young and did everything together. It just happened that Yesung seemed to be the big link between the three of them Kibum was sure that he wouldn’t be able to stand Kyu’s rantings about gaming and Kyu wouldn’t bear Kibum’s silence if Yesung wasn’t around.

“Yesung!” Kibum called out. He knew that Yesung would be the only one home during mornings.
“Bummie! Come in and close the door. I’m still cooking food.” Yesung replied.
Kibum did what he was told and entered the house. “What are you cooking,hyung?”
“Just eggs.” Yesung smiled at him. “Didn’t i say that i don’t like it when you call me hyung?”
Kibum laughed while he sat down on the chair. “You are older than me anyway.”
Yesung scoffed at him while putting the eggs in the plate and sat down across Kibum. “Yeah by just one year. Just don’t call me hyung,okay?”
“Okay,HYUNG.” Kibum laughed again.
“Tch.” Yesung rolled his eyes then started eating.
“Kyu’s not here yet?” 
“It’s obvious.” He laughed when he saw Kibum frown. “You know him. He doesn’t wake up until later.”
“So I guess we’ll be leaving him behind.”
Yesung swatted Kibum. “Of course not. We’re gonna wait for him and if he’s not yet awake,we’ll wake him up.”
Kibum sighed. He already knew the answer. Some one on one time with Yesung seemed impossible since the older always looked out for Kyuhyun. He pulled a book from his bag and started reading.

“Is the book interesting?” Yesung asked.
Kibum looked up and was surprised to see that his hyung has already cleared the dishes. “Uh,yeah.”
“i see.” Yesung pulled his hand and led him to the living room. “Would you mind sharing? If you said it’s interesting then it must be. I want to read,too.” 
“Sure. Are your things ready first? You might forget something.” Kibum asked while sitting down on the sofa.
Yesung plopped down beside him. “everything’s ready. Stop worrying,Bummie. Now,let’s read.”
Kibum didn’t reply but continued reading his book. He found it quite difficult since Yesung’s nearness was distracting him. Still, he and the older finish reading every page at the same time so the reading part wasn’t really difficult. Yesung was deeply engrossed in the story. He actually loved to read but he seldom find any good ones. He’s amazed at how Kibum could find so many good novels.

“Knock,knock.” Kyuhyun entered the living room with a smirk that immediately changed to a frown when he saw Kibum and Yesung together on the couch.
“Thanks for knocking,Kyu.” Yesung rolled his eyes. “have you eaten breakfast?”
Kyuhyun sat down on the couch opposite them. “yeah. Hi,Kibum.”
“Hi,Kyuhyun.” Kibum answered.
Yesung stood up from the couch and turned to both of them. “We better get going.”
“I just got here,hyung. . .” Kyuhyun whined.
Yesung laughed then ruffled Kyu’s hair. “You’re so cute when you’re whiny.”
“Aish. Don’t do that.” Kyuhyun said while fixing his hair. Yesung ignored him and ruffled his hair again. “Yah! Kibum ah, tell hyung to stop it!”
Kibum just smiled. “Sungie ah, try pinching his cheeks.”
Yesung laughed. “good idea, Bummie.” Then he pinched Kyu’s cheeks.
Kyuhyun rubbed his cheeks. “thanks alot,Kibum.” He said sarcastically.
“he did stop ruffling your hair, right?” Kibum retorted.
Kyuhyun scoffed then stood up. “let’s go.”
Yesung looked at him,confused. “I thought you didn’t want to go yet.”
“yeah but you’re just picking on me.”
The turtle lover felt guilty and quickly hugged Kyuhyun. “Sorry, Kyuhyunnie~”
Kyuhyun threw Kibum a triumphant smirk then hugged back Yesung. “It’s okay, Yesung. Let’s go!”
“Okay.” Yesung turned and pulled Kibum beside him. “Stop dawdling, Bummie. Kyu’s going to leave us.”
Kibum smiled at him. “Okay. Oh, Yesung? Do you know whose class you’re going to be in?”

Both Kibum and Kyuhyun wished that Yesung would be their classmate. Having gone to school last week, the younger two already knew that they weren’t in the same class. Yesung didn’t want to go because his hyung. Heechul had wanted him as company for a trip abroad. 

“I don’t know yet. I guess we’ll find out soon.” Yesung said while he hummed on their way to school.

As they approached the school, many eyes turned to look at them. The trio made such a handsome sight. Each of them had a very charismatic aura. As usual, girls giggled when they passed while others gossip. Kibum and Kyuhyun had been studying at the school already while Yesung is a transferee. He originally came from a music enthusiast school via Heechul but now he decided he wants to go the same school as his best friends.

“OMG. Is this for real? Kim Kibum and Cho Kyuhyun walking to school together?” one girl exclaimed loudly.
Yesung heard the statement and looked at his two friends. “What does she mean by that?”
Kyuhyun glared at the girl before shrugging. “Nothing.”
Kibum frowned. “Kyuhyun and I just aren’t close.” That was one way of putting it.
Yesung grimaced. “you should be. Wait, we’re here!” He smiled again when he saw the school.

Yesung looked at the school and instantly loved it! His old school was too chic for him. He likes this place cause it gives a homey feeling. Kyuhyun and Kibum ignore the squeals directed to them and just enjoyed the view of Yesung. He just looks so happy.
“Come on. Let’s go.” Kyuhyun said enthusiastically.
Yesung grinned. “Okay.”

As they enter the gate, many fan girls shouted. Yesung covered his ears while running to the main building. Kyuhyun and Kibum followed him inside. The older asked if this always happened and took their shrug as a yes. He laughed at how they seem to be embarrassed by that fact. He went to the bulletin board to see what class he was in. Kyuhyun first checked his class list and frowned since Yesung’s name wasn’t there. Kibum did the same and ended up with the same result, not in his class. Yesung then checked other class lists. He finally spots his name and noted that it’s in the class between his best friends’ room. He knew he had to survive his new school by his own, not by relying on his friends like always. With a nervous smile, he walks in his classroom. When he entered, everyone was staring at him. This was the guy walking with the school idols this morning. No doubt he’d be popular too. He has the looks of an angel: nice, smooth hair, beautiful eyes and a perfect smile. Yesung walked in nervously and picked a seat near the back so people wouldn’t notice him.

“Hi! I’m Jang Hyunseung! Nice to meet you.” A pretty man approached Yesung. 
Yesung stared at him for a minute. The man was beautiful enough to be a girl. “Hi, Hyunseung. I’m Yesung. Nice to meet you, too.”
Hyunseung smiled. “I have a question but you might think of me as too much of meddler.”
Yesung chuckled. ‘Just ask it.”
The other man smiled again. “How did you do that?”
“Do what?”
“Make Kibum and Kyuhyun walk in school together.”
Yesung raised an eyebrow. “Is that so impossible?”
Hyunseung looked at him like he grew a second head. “Yeah, it is.”
“Why?”
“Kyuhyun and Kibum fight for almost everything.” Hyunseung stated matter-of-factly.
“I didn’t know that.’ Yesung said sadly.
“you don’t have to worry. They don’t fight physically.” Hyunseung hugged him so he felt better.

Hyunseung only hugged Yesung seeing that he was upset by what he said so he felt strange when he felt daggers on his back. He turned around and saw Kyuhyun and Kibum glaring at him.omo. He was in big trouble now.