You are Beautiful

Angel

AN: I just want to remind you all that this is a one-shot compilation so there is a possibility of changes in POV (point of view) like what I'm doing with this chapter. I'll be saving everything I want to say to you all at the end of the chapter. Happy reading ^^


 

Beautiful.

 

For her, it was the most suitable word to describe him. She knew that men hate to be called beautiful, yet she couldn’t find another adjective that could perfectly capture her impression of him. She remembered how his slender fingers had elegantly picked up her most treasured possession—her partitures—in their first encounter. His gentle but blindingly bright smile from that day had left a deep impression on her since it triggered a completely unfamiliar feeling in her. Breathing had instantly become difficult for her: she felt her heart was constricted with an unknown excitement.

Ever since that fateful day, she couldn’t help but unconsciously marvel over his natural beauty. She couldn’t fight it: every time they met, she would be reminded of how alluring his eyes were, how luminous his pale skin was, how gorgeous his long and lean fingers were, and most notable of all, how dazzling his smile was. She was sure she had never stumbled upon anything more eye-blinding or radiant that his trademark eye-smile. It was both gentle and reassuring; it made him oozed a reliable and dependable feeling to people around him.

And those fingers, she swore she had never been more captivated with fingers like his before. They were gorgeously pale and slender. She had caught herself unthinkingly watched them intertwined themselves when he was nervous, scratched the back of his head when he was out of words, or wandered near his thin lips whenever he was thinking hard.

And those lips… Well, she couldn’t start to think about it without having the feeling that she had tainted her own innocence with her thought. She would always found herself shaking her head like a dog that had just get out of water in an attempt to block all the romantic-movies-like-images that had started to appear in her head. She wasn’t always successful in doing so, though.

It didn’t help that they were both accepted as trainees in their high school band. He was accepted as a guitarist in the band and it had multiplied her chance to secretively stare at him while practicing. She would always notice how his beautiful fingers carefully strummed the guitar strings and how he attractively bit his lower lip when he was fully concentrated. The view was a little bit too overwhelming for her that it sometimes suffocated her.

Unfortunately, they were still uncomfortable with each other. It wasn’t that he wasn’t pleasant because he was probably the kindest guy she had ever known.  It wasn’t that they didn’t have many chances to meet either; it was actually quite the opposite. They had bumped into each other often: in the hallway, at the canteen, and of course in the club meetings—but for some unknown reason they would never share more than greetings. She would become tongue tied and so would he, and his blonde best-friend Kris would be sniggering every time it happened. To be honest, she really wanted to know him better, but their awkwardness had been hindering her from doing so.

 

 “Yah! Seohyun! Where are you looking at!”

 

She jolted in surprise as she heard his brother hissed sharply next to her ear. She flushed in embarrassment and quickly bowed to him.

 

“Oppa, I’m sorry.” She apologized guiltily. They were in the middle of the band practice; she was supposed to do her own keyboard practice but she ended up stalking the handsome fellow trainee who were playing his guitar.

 

Kyuhyun glared at her angrily. He deeply loved her sister; however, since music is his first love, it irked him that her sister was not paying enough attention at the instrument in front of her.

 

“I’m not going to be softer to you just because you’re my sister. You’re my successor as the future keyboardist of the band, you shouldn’t let me down.”

 

She kept her head down in shame and nodded.

 

“Ne, Oppa. I’ll practice hard.”

 

Kyuhyun sighed; he couldn’t stand the pitiful sight so he gently patted his beloved sister shoulder before comfortably putting his arm around her shoulder.

 

“It’s alright, Seohyun-ah. Just… him… Aish. Just… Just don’t be close to him.”

 

She looked at her older brother in bewilderment. Why would he forbid him to be close with Joonmyun-ssi? As far as she knew, Joonmyun-ssi is a perfect gentleman, not to mention breathtakingly beautiful as well. There was nothing wrong with him, right?

 

“He will probably melt if you keep on staring at him like that.”

 

She blushed; she had unconsciously looked at him again as she thought of him. She averted her gaze away; her cheeks were as red as ripe tomatoes. Her brother only shook his head in disbelief before forcing her to concentrate on the pieces in front of her.

She, however, would still steal a glance or two toward his direction. Whenever she did it, her heart would always skip a beat and heat would rise on her cheeks.

 

 

Someday, maybe someday, she would be able to talk to him comfortably and know more about him.

 


The end


 

AN:

Well, I finally make an update. I'm really sorry for not making anything sooner; I'm kind of running out of ideas for this story. I'm really thankful for all the comments and the subscribers, this chapter is definitely dedicated to you all. I love you all. T^T

I changed the POV in this oneshot into Seohyun's but I would probably change it back to Suho or even let other characters share their views in the upcoming chapters so please look forward to it. ^^

Please to tell me how you feel about the chapter at the comment box below. I'll really appreciate it.

Oh, and in case you're wondering, this story isn't completed yet until I mark it complete. I always write "The End" at the end of the chapter to indicate the end of the oneshot.

With many-many-many thankful love,

himalayancat