Enemy

Angel

After our fated first meeting, I didn't have much luck with Seohyun-ssi. We bumped into each other every once in a while, but all I managed to do was bowing and greeting her in a formal manner. She would bow back and give me her heart-melting smile in response--everything was quite smooth until this part--but then I'd always loose whatever I had prepared to say. Her smile had always effectively erased anything I had in my mind. So I'd always end up smiled back at her and then excuse myself.

Kris, like a helpful friend he had always been, would laugh his off everytime he saw me losing my poise. Jerk.

"You could've made yourself useful, you know." I told him in annoyance while we were sharing our lunch after another miserable failure I made in striking a conversation with Seohyun-ssi.

Kris chewed his food indifferently, clearly ignoring me. Oh, how I would really love to smack that handsome face of his with my burger.

However, as he sensed my radiating anger, he put down his meal.

"I already had, mate." He tapped my back, his tone was as monotonous as ever, "If I hadn't pushed you back there, you wouldn't even know her name. What was it, anyway? Joo Hyun or something, right?"

"Seohyun." I answered through gritted teeth. Even only saying her name made my ears went red. I looked at Kris and saw him raised his brows, a smirk was evident on his pretty face. He knew her name alright; he just loved to tease me. I shot him a dirty look and he just snickered. The nerve of this guy. I will definitely make him pay dearly, someday.

"I'm sorry," he finally apologize between snickers, "but, really. The almighty and always calm Kim Joonmyun--who didn't even budge when the y sunbae Kim Ha Na seduced him--is losing his composure because of a girl." Kris broke into another fit of laughter. I just rolled my eyes.

She isn't just another girl. I thought while glaring at him.

"I know, I know, she isn't just another girl." Kris stopped me, his hands was in the air. Along with the years of our togetherness, Kris seemed to acquire the ability to read my mind.

"I didn't read your mind." Kris said to me, clearly knowing what was inside my head. I just rolled my eyes. Remind me on how we became best friends.

"Listen, Dude, although it is very amusing to watch your idiotic acts, if you don't make a move quickly someone is gonna snatch her." Kris pointed using his chin.

I followed the direction he pointed to and was surprised at the view. Seohyun-ssi looking gorgeous with her silky jet black hair contrasting her pearly skin wasn't new to me. She had always been more beautiful than any goddess could ever wish for. What startled me was that next to her, stood a good looking tall guy with bright fair skin and messy black hair. He was Park Kyuhyun-sunbaenim, a third year, guitarist of the school band; school wide-known playboy.

He leaned in and whispered to her. To my dismay, the pair of good looking youth appeared to be quite close.

Oh crap.

 


 

Kris and I met Seohyun-ssi again at the school band audition later on that day. She was sitting alone in the third row of the theater-styled hall.

Should I sit next to her?

Before I could gather my courage, Kris litterally dragged me to the third row. On the end of the row, he shoved me so that I fell--face first--next to her long, shapely legs.

Good job, Buddy.

In embarassment, I got up using the chair as a support.

I'm so gonna KILL you, Kris!

"Hi!" I greeted her awkwardly. I bet my face was redder than a tomato.

"Hello, Joonmyun-ssi. Are you okay?" Concern was clear on her shimmering eyes. Her sparkling eyes were one of her features that I liked the most.

The carpeted floor was hard enough to make my head pounded like hell but I just smiled at her, not wanting to show her my pain.

Be a man, Joonmyun!

"I'm okay." I proceeded to sit next to her. Kris had conveniently disappeared for God know what reason.

Seohyun-ssi smiled back at me. Although it was late in the afternoon, her uniform was still neat. On her blazer, a badge with the number "2" on it was hanged. The number was indicating the order of our performance in the audition.

"Are you auditioning for the band?" I asked, before realizing how stupid it sounded.

Why would she have that huge numbered badge if she isn't, Idiot?

Fortunately, she answered it.

"Yes," she nodded. "You?"

I saw her cheeks turned scarlet as she probably recognized how useless her question was. I was also wearing a similar badge on my uniform.

Our eyes met and we both chuckled.

We're just very nervous.

 


 

It was probably the longest conversation I ever had with her. She didn't only look like an angel, she carried herself like one too. She was polite, demure, and quick witted. Although I kept on blabbering stupid questions now and then, she would nod encouragingly and reply honestly. It also helped that we shared the same passion about music. As time passed, I started to feel at ease talking to her, though my heart still skipped a beat whenever she smiled.

We were chatting about Adele's newest album when I saw Kyuhyun-sunbaenim placed himself at her right.

"Hello there," he greeted us while putting his arm around her shoulder. I tried to be collected.

I bowed at him and greeted back. Seohyun-ssi gasped, "Oppa!" and hit him playfully on the arm. I felt my heart sank after I saw the scene.

Oppa? Woah, they sure are close.

"Oppa, this is my friend, Kim Joonmyun. Joonmyun-ssi, this is my blood related-oppa, Park Kyuhyun-oppa." She introduced me to him.

 

Wait, what?

 

My blood related-oppa?

 

Wait a minute. Park Seohyun. Park Kyuhyun. Fair skinned. Jet black hair. Good looking. Two years difference.

 

I really wanted to facepalm at my stupidity. Aisshh....  How can I miss the connections?

Relieve washed over me. I felt my chest was freed from a constriction I didn't know existed before.

"Well, nice to meet you, Seohyun's friend." He smiled and offered his hand. His other hand was still gripping Seohyun's shoulders firmly. He might be smiling at me, but his gesture was totally screaming 'Back off, LOSER!'

"Joonmyun-ssi," Seohyun corrected him, but he ignored her.

I extended my hand to shake his. His smile was gentle, but his hand was a total opposite. He made me thought he wanted to break my fingers.

Maybe he does, anyway.

I tighten my grasp on his hand and boy, he was surprised. He must have thought that I was the kind of person that could be easily intimidated.

Do you think you could scare me, Sunbaenim?

Seohyun-ssi looked at us confusedly since we didn't let go each other hand for quite some time. After some moments, we finally decided to end the hand-breaking-competition. I could feel my hand throbbed after he let it go.

"Seo-ah, why don't you go backstage to prepare? You're number two, right? The audition will be starting soon." Kyuhun-sunbaenim asked her while removing his hand from her shoulder.

Seohyun-ssi nodded, "Ne, Oppa," and stood up. She bowed to me and bid me goodbye. I nodded and waved at her with my left hand; my right one was still somewhat numb after her brother tried to crush it.

After she was a couple stairs ahead of us, Kyuhyun-sunbaenim stood up and tidied his pants. He glared at me and spoke indimidatingly, "Don't you ever think of making a move on her. Ever." And with that, he left me alone.

I leaned back to my seat and sighed dissappointedly.

Aissshh.... I can't even speak properly to her, but now I also have to face her brother. Damn.

I cursed on my bad luck.

"What an overprotective brother she has. I'm sorry for you, Bro."

I almost fell from my chair when I heard him.

Is he a Chesire Cat or what?

I looked back and saw Kris put his chin on top of the seat next to mine. He was standing at the row behind me; his eyes looked down on me.

"Where have you been?!" I hissed at him angrily. Where was he when I need him?

"I have always been here," he eyed the row behind me, "you're just too occupied with her."

You got to be kidding me.

"I can't believe how foolish you were. 'Are you auditioning for the band?' Couldn't you pick a better pickup line?" Kris mocked me and shook his head in disbelief.

I could hear a vein popped on my forehead.

I have enough of this guy.

 

 

 

 

And that was how Kyuhyun-hyung and I became sworn enemy.

 

Oh, and also how Kris earned a huge scar on his forehead.

 



 

The End.

 

 

 

AN:

I finished another oneshot of the couple!

I know Kyuhyun surname is Cho, but for the sake for the story, I have to change it. I hope you all will like it. Please tell me how you feel about the story at the comments below. I will really appreciate it

Please and thank you.

 

And thank you for all the subscribers and commenters. Your support make me wrote this story faster than I expected. Thank you, guys ^^