Wake Up!

The Ex Factor

 

Ch.9 “Wake up!’

Jasmina’s POV

I slammed the door shut and threw my jacket and purse on the kitchen table. I began pacing angrily around. “!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!” I screamed out not caring if anyone heard me. I was such a fool to think everything would just go back to normal with me and him. I felt like such an idiot for hurting so much all over again….for him. I was torn between hating and loving him. I didn’t know which hurt most. I went to the bathroom and tore off my clothes.

I immediately jumped into a hot shower. It felt so good. I sat on the floor of the shower hugging my knees to my chest. I wanted this shower to wash everything away but I knew it couldn’t, just another foolish hope of mine. A long while later, I stepped out of the shower and checked my phone; missed calls and messages, no surprise. I turned the phone off…I didn’t want to talk to anyone right now. With a soft robe around me I walked into the living room and stared out the window. It was still pouring rain. It was getting late too, almost two in the morning.

I think I’ll just go to bed and sleep all of this off. As I was making my way to my room the front door suddenly burst open. I turned around startled but only saw Jessica standing there dripping wet. “Jess where have you been?” I suddenly remember me driving off in the car and leaving her. She rarely got mad and she was always composed so seeing this look on her face was something new for me. “Sit down.” She said angrily as she gritted her teeth.

“Oh yay a talk” I mumbled as I sat at the kitchen table. “No not a talk…a listen.” She angrily began pacing back and forth in front of me. “I just walked through the pouring rain in heels for almost two hours!” Now she was yelling. “Why didn’t you just take the bus?” She gave a sarcastic laugh. “You know I could have taken the bus, a train, or a cab if I had money. My purse was locked in the car!” Oh yeah…oops.

“I know you’re mad. I know you’re angry beyond all belief. But you have to stop and think, was he really going to stay forever?” I knew he wasn’t but I didn’t expect him to leave so soon. “Just because he won’t be here doesn’t mean you can still be together.” She stopped pacing and pulled out a chair to sit next to me. “Then you just walked out and left. You can’t run from everything. And now you’re sitting here trying to act like you don’t love him but you do.” Ugh…why did she have to be right?

“You are the happiest when you’re with him and you’re just going to let that go? You’d be a fool to let love like that go.” I began crying again. She pulled me into a hug. “Don’t let him go Jasmina…trust me.” I didn’t want to let him go but I didn’t know what else to do; another knock at the door. “Jasmina it’s me Lay open up!” Jessica gave me a serious look. I slowly walked to the door and placed my ear to it. “I know you’re there!” I could hear him sigh deeply on the other end of the door. “Fine…if you won’t see me then just listen. I wanted to tell you. I didn’t know how. I knew you would freak out….kind of like you did earlier.” I wish I could see the expressions on his face right now.

I just couldn’t see him right now. I was too angry. “I still want to see you; I still want to be with you.” I could hear the pain building in his voice and I could feel the same pain building in my chest. I stood on the other end of this door not saying anything but wishing that I could. “My plane leaves at 10:00 am…..I love you.” With that I heard him walk off. I lingered at the door waiting for him to come back but that wasn’t a possibility. What was wrong with me? I couldn’t bring myself to tell him that I loved him. Everything hurt so much last time. “Jasmina…you need to get some rest. We’ll start fresh tomorrow.” I knew she respected any decision that I made. I nodded and made my way to my room. The moment I hit the bed I fell into a deep sleep.

 

Lay’s POV

I couldn’t get to sleep. My mind kept racing back to her…it was always her. She was in every corner of my mind and she didn’t want anything to do with me. It hurt. I didn’t like feeling this way. Weakness wasn’t something I was fond of and wasn’t something that happened to me. I couldn’t let this affect me and the way I live but it was. Ever since I first left her she had been all that I thought about. Her lips, her dark hair, and the way she smelled…I wanted her back so badly.

I wanted to burst right through the door and take her into my arms. I definitely didn’t want us to part on these terms. I tossed and turned seeming to lose all sense of time and reality for that matter. All the guys were knocked out but I was laying here wide awake. I wondered what she was doing or if she was thinking about me. God I sounded like some girl. I rolled over once more and read a clock with the time 4:35. I really needed to get some sleep. I had to get up early and leave. As much as I didn’t want to it was something that I had to do. With millions of thoughts on my mind all revolving her, I finally forced myself to sleep.

 

Jasmina’s POV

“Wake up wake up!”I was being shaken violently. I grumbled annoyed and rolled back over onto my side. “Damn it Jasmina wake up!” This time I was hit in the head with a pillow. “What the hell is wrong with you Jessica?” She looked at me as if I already knew the answer to my question. “It’s 8:55! His flight leaves at 10:00. If we want to make it we have to leave now!” She was right.  “Come on girl I know you love him. It’s written all over you.” Again she was right. My brain and heart were at war with each other….but they were both telling me the same thing; That I loved Lay and I couldn’t let him go.

I threw the covers off of me and ran for the closet. I immediately put on random clothes; I had no time to pick and choose an outfit. Jessica was already out of the door and in the car waiting for me. I jumped in and she sped off before I could even get my seatbelt buckled. I should have gone after him last night…it would have been so much easier. Buildings and other cars looked like blurs as we flew past them. I was worried we were going to get a ticket but we had to get there and fast.

The Los Angeles airport was always busy beyond belief. I was nervously shaking my leg. My grip on the seatbelt tightened. I was so nervous and I just wanted to be there already. I wanted to be in his arms and tell him that I love him. I couldn’t see myself with anyone but him and if I lost him again I don’t know what I would do with myself. Just the thought of it scared me. Great, a traffic jam…that’s exactly what I needed. I thought I was going to lose him again.

I began crying without any warning and Jessica looked over at me. She suddenly shifted gears in the car and sped out of the line of traffic. She hopped the curve and weaved through the sea of cars. “We are getting you to that damn airport.” I couldn’t help but smile at her remark. Cars honked but neither of us cared. We were almost there and my patience was completely gone. I cringed at the site of any plan departing. Luckily none of them were from his gate. We pulled up alongside the drop off area and I ran out of the car.

All eyes were on me as I dashed past several angry looking people. I don’t think my feet could have moved any faster. I’ve been to this airport many times…his gate was just behind security. I was breathing heavily and I felt my heart pounding fiercely in my chest. {Come on!} I mentally screamed at myself. I pushed through a sea of people and I could see the line for security. There it was. Just beyond this he was there. “Lay! Lay!” I began screaming his name. Suddenly I lost words and felt a sudden ache in my chest. His plane was gone.