A Change In Plans

The Ex Factor

 

Ch.10 “A Change In Plans”

Lay’s POV

The leather was cold but I sat in it hoping to ease my mind. I drowned out every noise and buried my head in my hands to allow for deeper thoughts. I could feel my body temperature increasing as my heart rate grew faster also. What was I doing? Why wasn’t I with her right now? I heard the sudden sound of rainfall hitting the window next to me. The rain looked so peaceful while I was in a much more frantic state of mind.

She hadn’t met me there…she hadn’t come for me. What I wouldn’t give to know what she was thinking right now. I wondered where she was, what she was doing, and who she was with. As much as I wanted to be the person that she was with…I knew it wasn’t me. Was I such a fool for wanting everything to work and go back to the way it was like nothing ever changed? Of course things changed…we both changed. All I wanted was what we had back and I would do anything for it. I looked out towards the sky hoping that I would be able to see her again soon.

 

Jasmina’s POV

I didn’t know what to feel right now. My hands shakily clenched my chest and I fell to the floor. I just watched the one man I ever loved fly off in a plane. Everyone was staring but I didn’t care. They didn’t know what I was feeling right now. I wanted to cry and to let everything out but for some reason I couldn’t. There was a certain numbness creeping throughout all of my body that sent chills down my spine. “Miss we need you to come with us.” I ignored the voice and continued staring down at the ground. I heard the sudden sound of running feet.

“Hey leave her alone!” Jessica began pushing back the crowd of people that was encircling me. My body was so weak but she raised me to my feet. She quickly explained the situation to security and slowly began walking me back to the car. She opened the door and I slowly got in. She leaned over to buckle my seat belt for me. Once she got in the car and drove off, I sunk my head down no longer wanting to see anything. I could hear the sound of the wind shield wipers sliding back and forth, the sound of the tires splashing into small puddles of water.

I could hear everything…just not feel it. Jessica looked back at me several times on the drive home. She pulled into the parking lot of a small store and went running through the rain inside. I waited patiently in the car and about five minutes later she came running back with a small bag of groceries. She got in the car soaking wet. The rain only kept up its heavy pace. “I’ve got a whole case of banana milk in that bag” she announced as she started the car back up and drove off. I was thankful for it but didn’t much care at the moment. We pulled up alongside our house.

Even though Jessica turned the car off and was getting out I still didn’t feel the need to move from this spot. She circled the car and opened my door smiling at me. Why was she so damn happy….did I miss the memo? She placed the bag in my hand and pulled me gently from the car. Honestly why was she so happy? This woman confused me. “It’s raining but we’re going to be smiling! I promise…everything is going to be better. Just when you least expect it something will surprise you.” I wanted to agree with her but I couldn’t. It seemed foolish and naïve to believe in such things.

My happy ending was flying thousands of miles away….how was I supposed to be happy? I walked slowly up the steps with no purpose at all. Jessica opened the door for me and I walked through and flung my jacket on the hook in the hallway entrance. My jacket knocked another to the floor and I went to pick it up. I don’t remember this jacket. I’m certain it wasn’t Jessica’s. “Jasmina.” I turned towards the voice and instantly tears streamed down my face.

 

Lay’s POV

As she walked through the door I instantly stood up from the cold leather chair and ran towards her. I pulled her tightly into my arms fearing somehow she’d get away. Her warm tears ran down my neck as she wrapped her arms around me. “Lay.” I could feel her lips quivering against my neck as she muttered out my name. I pulled her away so I could look her in the eyes. I pulled her back against my lips and kissed her deeply. I ran my hands through her hair and back around her body. We both pulled away and breathed for air. “I thought you left. I saw the plane fly off…you don’t understand.” She got chocked up and more tears fell down her face. “I couldn’t leave Jasmina…not without you.” She looked back up at me with her deep brown eyes.

Jasmina’s POV

“Without me? You want me to go with you?”My heart fluttered with joy as a smile finally spread across my lips. He looked down at me with his hands gently on my waist “Yes. I need you with me. You’ll have everything you will ever need there…I know you’ll love it. You always said you wanted to go.” He was right, I always did. “But what about…” before I could finish me sentence he kissed me once more. “No buts…everything will be fine.” He had a way of putting me at ease. I pulled away from him and punched him in his arm.

He grabbed his arm in disbelief. “What was that for?!?” he screamed out at me. “For not asking me sooner you idiot!” I screamed back while laughing soon after. He continued smiling and brought me in for another kiss. “So…..I guess you two are back together huh?” Oh my god Jessica had been standing there the whole time! I completely forgot. I began blushing as she smiled like an idiot. “Something like that” I said as I scratched my head nervously. “I take it we’ll be heading back to the airport.” I’m glad she understood.

“Come on Jasmina…let’s get you a suitcase packed.” We ran off to my room and threw a bunch of clothes and other belongings of mine into three different bags. We laughed and reminisced on anything and everything that we could think of. “You know I’ll come back to visit you right?” She nodded her head. “Yeah you better” she said with a laugh. “But don’t worry Jasmina…one day I’ll be over there to see you!” I would like that. This trip was so sudden but it was everything that I had wanted. I wheeled my bags out and Lay stared at me wide-eyed. “You’re seriously bringing all those bags?” He began laughing. “A girl has got to be prepared.”

He smiled and helped me carry my bags out to the car. We stuffed them into the trunk and all piled into the car. I was in the passenger seat and Lay was seated in the back. “You guys ready?” We both nodded at Jessica. She began driving off back towards the airport. “Jessica…Tao wanted me to tell you something…I can’t remember it though.” Jessica scoffed and I was curious. “If he wants to tell me he can tell me the next time he sees me.” Something was going on that I didn’t know about. I looked back at Lay and he seemed just as confused as I was. I’m glad I wasn’t the only one. “How are you and Thuan doing?” He asked curiously. I looked over at her and saw her blushing. “We’re fine.” She said shyly as I smiled at her response.

The rain had cleared up and the sun was starting to peak through some clouds. Jessica pulled alongside the drop-off area and sighed deeply. We all got out of the car and began digging out the suitcases. Jessica looked at both of us intently. “I want a full update as soon as possible. No ignoring me for a whole week. Send me pictures and uh….have fun.” She cracked me up trying to be all composed but I could see right through her. I pulled her in for a hug. “Girl I’m going to miss you! You better come visit me soon!” I could tell that she wanted to badly. She turned away from me and looked at Lay. “If anything…and I mean anything happens to her, I will fly over there so fast.”

He began laughing and wrapped his arm around me. “Don’t worry…I won’t let anything happen to her.” He grabbed up two of my bags. “We got to get going though if we want to make this flight.” I ran up the Jessica and hugged her one last time. I smiled at her as me and Lay walked hand in hand through the airport. I couldn’t stop smiling and I couldn’t stop being happy. We began walking through the terminal and my heart was beating faster. As we stepped foot on the plane Lay’s grip tightened on my hand as he looked down at me. “Are you ready Jasmina?” I looked up at him “Ready for everything.”