» family dinner

Playboy, Flowerboy

MUSIC. Think of this as the nice music playing in the background of the restaraunt!^^

 

As expected, your aunt and uncle had ordered drinks for everyone and were pleasantly talking as you were ushered over. (They had no kids -- she was infertile, and it was genetic, you knew since your parents went through a lot just to have your little sister -- and maybe that was a good thing since they seemed to only play and never work.) When they saw the four of you, they stood up and greeted you all with a warm smile and hug or handshake.

"How have you been, Kyoung Mi-ah?" your aunt asked, taking a sip of the burgundy colored wine. "Studying as usual?"

She nodded and smiled. "I've managed to stay in the top thirty."

Your aunt grinned. "Ah, you and your sister got the intelligence in the family." She looked over at your mother. "Hyominnie, can I keep your daughters? Just until the end of the week?" she asked jokingly.

Your mom smirked back at her and laughed. "I'm afraid not, they're mine. Besides, aren't you two going on a trip to Jeju or something? You always are."

She smiled before answering, "That's next week." She turned to you. "_____-ah, you're going to Yonsei Academy now, right?"

"Yeah, it's a pretty nice place," you reply.

"Very elite as well. Hopefully your sister can get in too. Of course she'd have to work like you did, and from what your mom tells me it wasn't easy for you all." She paused before continuing on. "So -- and unnie I know you'll protest but please listen --"

"You two are the closest we have to children," your uncle interrupted, knowing it would take longer than necessary if his wife continued, "and if either of you need help with a tuition or anything at all, please call us. Think of us as your second set of parents -- only better," he chuckled and put his hand on your father's shoulder. "We're family."

You could tell that your parents were masking the anger they felt with fake appreciation. Both of them absolutely hated asking for outside help -- and frankly, this hit them right at their core. You could practically hear their conversation about it later.

"Well, Hyunshik, that's very generous of the two of you," your father said.

"Don't mention it at all, this is what family is about, isn't it? Supporting one another?" your uncle asked.

Your father bobbed his head. "I suppose it is. Thank you for the offer, we'll consider it when we find out next year's expenses."

Hyunshik was about to say something, but the waiter came. You looked over the menu quickly, deciding on a vegetarian sandwich with Italian herbs and spices. It was hard to pronouce, so of course it had to be good. After you all ordered, you decided to go to the bathroom. If your parents were going to start an arguement with your aunt and uncle, they would drag you into it. And frankly, you wouldn't mind a little extra help in the financial area. God knows everyone needs it.

The restroom looked like one from a fancy, overpriced hotel. The marble floor matched the counters and sink, there was a chandelier with possibly real gems hanging from it, a towel rack -- and even that fancy seashell soap. You nodded in approval of it. "Pretty nice," you said to yourself.

There was a small waiting room past the sinks and stalls, and it was empty -- perfect. You sat in one of the floral print-cushioned chairs and propped your feet on the rest facing the chairs. You could last a while in heels, but that didn't mean you enjoyed it. They were less expensive than others, but not as comfortable. Frankly, you paid for what you got -- cheap. Taking out your earbuds and phone, you went to your music and chose a random song before putting it on shuffle mode. It didn't matter how long you stayed in here. The restaraunt was full so you knew your food wasn't coming any time soon.

You were three songs in when Kyoung Mi texted you.

Unnie help! They're going to talk about politics!! ><

You chuckled and exited out of your music before putting everything back in your bra and leaving the bathroom. The men's bathroom was located right next to the women's, and out of habit you held your breath for a few seconds while passing.

Behind, you could hear a conversation going on.

"Hyung, he wanted suggestions for a theme night and guess what I put in? Wait nevermind, you'll never guess! Two words: Wild West."

"You're joking, right?"

"That's the best part, hyung! I am!"

". . . And he took you seriously?"

"Hyuuuuuung, how could he not? He sounded really excited about it!"

You stopped and pretended to check something on your sleeve. That "hyuuuuuung" sounded very familiar. The two passed by and you looked up.

Sunwoo and Puppychan.

They couldn't recognize you, could they? No. . .of course not. You were wearing make up and no glasses. You had a nervous knot in your stomach though, and it was definitely something you couldn't ignore. It wouldn't have been so bad if you had glasses on, or were barefaced. If you didn't wear make up so often and for so long at night, you would have worn it to school. But that wasn't the case. Since you wore it so often, you decided to let your skin breathe by not applying any for school. It's not like you had anyone to impress there, or at Y.A. for that matter. A voice in your head said that the anxious feeling was unnecessary. It's not like they'd see you at a club. Well, maybe the two oldest. But it's not like they would pay attention to you -- they had their own lives, and memorizing your made up face wasn't part of it. Then again, the owner of your regular venue would let anything happen for the right price. . .

You took a deep breath. Both of your schoolmates were probably back at their table. It was time for you to get back to yours and save the dinner before it plummets. 

 

AUTHOR'S NOTE:

hey guys! :D sorry i didn't update for a while [lazy af these days |: sorry] thanks for subscribing and don't hesitate about adding me as a friend c: see you in the next update! x ♥