» it's all lies

Playboy, Flowerboy

MUSIC.

 

"____-ah," the familiar voice said over the reciever. "What can I do for you?"

"Hello ahjussi," you greeted your father's friend. "She's at it again."

His breath crackled through. "Does your father know?"

"I don't think so. He would be calling if he knew, right?"

"He would; and he's lucky to have a daughter like you. What did you want to do? Put a hold on the account like last time?"

"If you could I'd appreciate that. But this time on their shared account and hers. Hopefully that'll show her that someone's trying to stop her from her third time. Their relationship is hanging by a thread, it seems." You sounded so much more mature. It was scary that that was how you had to act now -- but furthermore, that you even had to do this. "Have it last only Friday to Saturday, by the way."

"I'll get it done," he assured you. "Don't you think it's time you tell your father that you've been doing this though? It was hard enough to lie to him about the shared account being frozen last time. He's like a brother to me."

This time you sighed. "You know how he is. Dad will feel like he's lost control of everything -- and he needs it. He's already stressed out because of work and the stocks he's recovering from, not to mention when he found out she's been unfaithful twice already. . . If things get out of hand I'll tell him. And if he asks you, just tell him to talk to me. I don't want to put a strain on you two."

"Like I said, he's lucky to have you. Alright," he yawned. "It'll be the first thing I do tomorrow. I've got to get these cases taken care of. Send your sister my best."

"I will -- and don't tire yourself out, ahjussi. Thank you again, good bye," you said before hanging up.

You shook your head as if it would remove everything that had just happened. If the clock was right, then you had about two hours before you and your family were going out to eat with your aunt and her family. You chuckled lightly. Last week you would have been at school still, studying and doing work before napping. You probably would have had to meet them there, or been picked up, but probably the former. You got up from sitting on your bed and went into the front room again.

"I'll be in my room if you need me," you told Kyoung Mi and picked up your things. "And remember we're going out to eat tonight. . .Don't study too hard either, 'kay?"

She turned and nodded. "I'll get back to it after I finish this, unnie."

You smiled at how easily she was lured into the romantic dramas with the absolutely gorgeous male and female leads and their equally good-looking friends. You picked up your books and bag before going back into your room.

The amount of work assigned was a lot, and you saw why. The questions were much harder than your old school. Y.A.'s workbooks were college-level, or just under, and that was slightly worrying. If you wanted to get them right, you needed to go in depth and analyze everything and see how it relates to other topics. Exhausting but necessary -- besides, you felt like you needed to prove yourself to these people. Most of them, if not all, were high-class and could afford the tution without too much effort. You on the other hand, worked your off and kept up this facade for your parents. As far as they knew, you helped them with the tution by working as a waitress.

You some music and began.

 

                 。                                                  。                                                 。                                                  。                                   

 

Almost three hours -- your aunt had set the reservation thirty minutes later than Dad thought -- and you were finished and getting ready. The restaraunt was one of those that didn't require you dress up, but the ambiance implied it. So, you put on the black long-sleeve dress you had gotten as a birthday present and paired them with the just as black heels. You tied your hair up into a clean bun before doing cat-eye eyeliner and going out to wait for your mother with everyone else.

After ten minutes, she came out.

"Come on, let's go, we're late as it is," she said, rushing out the door in her cream colored pumps. The three of you followed her, and you and your sister exchanged an "It's her fault." look.

"This is the woman I married," your father said in faux-regret tone.

 

AUTHOR'S NOTE:

hey guys :D sorry i didn't update the last few days but yeah. i updated again. i'll try to tomorrow as well, since i'm not busy until night. well, hope you all are having a good summer! c: and YAAAAAAAAAAAY for the songs or NO GET THEM AWEI!!! ? i like them personally, and i like fanfics with them in the beginning but that's just me. ^^ see you in the next update! x